• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

Picasso74

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
2/6/20
Italy Pordenone
Sorry bro…….on photos that i posted about gen and mine at the quite same angle…i m not able to se differences in lip size…..even the front photo seems to have a thin lip for me…
probably i m going wrong…but it s what my eyes seen…..

Jakeson

You're Saying I Can Sell?
20/6/21
EU
the lip man……that watch hasn t the lip….
The lip hahaha guys post a foto of the gen showing the lip and a foto of the rep without the lip.

I don't really see anything wrong with the LIP!

Gesendet von meinem SM-N970F mit Tapatalk

MasterWatch

Master of None
Patron
Certified
26/8/12
I got 99 problems but a Lip ain't one.
9b686737e4d9edbc63753299c2c000bb.jpg

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
credit Replisimio for recognition of Noob being the only correct rep 6 digit Pepsi bezel years ago, and for his immediate mod to fix this one.
Thanks bud. I think I only really noticed because I had the gen when they first released in 2018 and in hand it’s very noticeable and a nice appearance over a standard gmt! Your guides will help those who wish to try the mod!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tiltbox

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/6/21
Rolex made the parts non-interchangeable between GMT's. They even offset the lug holes so you could not swap an Oyster bracelet with the Jubilee (there is a workaround using different pins). Therefore I am quite sure the only batch of Pepsi without a bezel lip is the Clean V1.

I have both bracelets the 69200 jubilee and the 79200 oyster and can swap them out using the same spring bars that came with the jubilee bracelet on the watch.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Xuvi

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
3/8/18
Germany
where can I find the lip mod tutorial, I search but find nothing :confused:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Don't say that... you'll give Duck and Street a heart attack :(

I actually don't care if someone notices the lip issue but doesn't mind. As long as you're educated on the issue. Meanwhile you take people criticizing the watch as some personal slight like you own shares at CF, replying to everyone here who dislikes something you do in some triggered rant displaying you can't handle a difference of opinion.

Thanks bud. I think I only really noticed because I had the gen when they first released in 2018 and in hand it’s very noticeable and a nice appearance over a standard gmt! Your guides will help those who wish to try the mod!

B-but lich stated it's not an issue when handling one! Clearly your opinion can't be trusted even though you owned the gen and cf in person.

Last edited:

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I have both bracelets the 69200 jubilee and the 79200 oyster and can swap them out using the same spring bars that came with the jubilee bracelet on the watch.

Are you referring to Rep or Gen GMT with that statement mate?
Just want to clarify before I share facts. If you are referring to Gen GMTs then I will share evidence to the contrary. If you are referring to Rep GMTs parts not being interchangeable I don’t know if that is the case or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As I said.. there is a workaround (using 1.5mm spring bars). I try my best keep my posts factual, thanks…

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=667066&highlight=126710blro

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=598912&highlight=126710blro

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=596066&highlight=126710blro

Reactions: EagleBear

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Thought it would be interesting to share that a chinese watch factory called Cronos that specializes in homages rather than reps makes a pretty nice Pepsi homage that actually got the bezel lip right, and also has a very nice insert that beats any rep out right now (even VRF imo)

jKWPO4.jpg

I have not handled one but I have read people stating the build quality is great. Throwing in a rep dial can possibly put this in the running for the nicest Pepsi rep.

Last edited:
Reactions: RiffRalf

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
I actually don't care if someone notices the lip issue but doesn't mind. As long as you're educated on the issue. Meanwhile you take people criticizing the watch as some personal slight like you own shares at CF, replying to everyone here who dislikes something you do in some triggered rant displaying you can't handle a difference of opinion.

B-but lich stated it's not an issue when handling one! Clearly your opinion can't be trusted even though you owned the gen and cf in person.

Of course it’s an issue! I was being polite and subtle which you know nothing about. Of course it matters, it’s a distinctive feature of the Pepsi and a very deliberate design Rolex went with on this model. Hopefully it will be done correctly along with some other aspects of the CF but it’s perfectly wearable as is! Some guys don’t notice detail and some do. Before I retired details were something I prided my business on and what made me successful so for me I see them but at the end of the day it’s just a Chinese knock off so enjoy it for that and nothing else and let others feel how they want without constantly going on about it like you always do! Your negativity spoils most threads you are involved in! Time to move on and that’s me done!!

Björn_Ironside

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/21
Italia
jKWvvF.jpg

here is my pepsi CLEAN.
I start to tell you that in the shade the red color turns brown while under the light you can see it in the picture, it is a beautiful red.

the blue in the shade is more cobalt, in the light it is almost Royal blue.

steps 6 and 18 are, to me, almost magnificent.

the date window is decently positioned at 3 o'clock. however, the number is not perfectly centered but is positioned just below. I am not interested.

good rehaut with double 3 different, I don't care in the least.

but now we come to the one that, assuming that I am not the wrong method, is the only problem with the pepsi received: it does not change the date. when I go to turn the crown and change the date (at the second click of the crown) it does not change the date but, on the contrary, it jerks the hour hand. what should I do?

P. s. a personal curiosity. when we receive the QCs of a rep, the TD writes the rep number on a ticket (a sort of identification serial). how do we find out if that rep we receive is the same as the QC photos with relative code. is it really enough to write it on a piece of paper and insert it in the package sent?

with more calm I will take better and more photos

Thank you

Last edited:
Reactions: masterpiece777

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
but now we come to the one that, assuming that I am not the wrong method, is the only problem with the pepsi received: it does not change the date. when I go to turn the crown and change the date (at the second click of the crown) it does not change the date but, on the contrary, it jerks the hour hand. what should I do?

This is how a GMT is supposed to work. There is no crown position to change the date directly like on a sub, what you have to do is keep "jumping" the hour hand until it changes to the next day, and then until it changes to the date that you want.

Reactions: big_polarbear