• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

Davide89

You're Saying I Can Sell?
3/1/21
Italy
I asked Andrew today he says there has been no raid !!??!!

Skickat från min iPhone med RWI[/QUOTE]

EagleBear

I'm Pretty Popular
10/6/15
SoCal
Rolex made the parts non-interchangeable between GMT's. They even offset the lug holes so you could not swap an Oyster bracelet with the Jubilee (there is a workaround using different pins). Therefore I am quite sure the only batch of Pepsi without a bezel lip is the Clean V1.

Are you referring to Rep or Gen GMT with that statement mate?
Just want to clarify before I share facts. If you are referring to Gen GMTs then I will share evidence to the contrary. If you are referring to Rep GMTs parts not being interchangeable I don’t know if that is the case or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A-wandererX23

5/10/20
CF got raided bad 2 days ago

Skickat från min iPhone med RWI

Who are you asking?

I asked my Chinese Dealers and Friends about the current situation in China. Most factories are taking a break/holiday. There haven't been any serious raids to my knowledge.

Although, there was a typhoon in China not too long ago. That could explain the longer delivery times to your dealers/TDs and longer time to dispatch your orders to you.

Navigator H4

16/5/20
Today I got mine. There is a lip, small but present.
The bigger problem is the gearing. This can very quickly identify the watch as a fake.
The notch is much too small.

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
Jesus.... enough with the lip. Even if you can't see past the lip our own KJ gave a relatively easy mod that will correct that. If your problem is the color of the bezel, sorry but this is the best available right now. Take it or leave it, but I know MANY users just want to have this on their wrist and will not sweat the tiny details. What do you want for $500???

If you wait for the perfect pepsi, or any other rep for that matter you might as well get in line for a gen because both are not happening. I have been here for many years, and you just need to live with some flaws, or do not buy. Simple as that.

Stevenf

Supporter
Certified
12/7/17
Singapore
Thanks KJ for the guide on the lip mod, fairly easy to do. Also did a crystal swap on mine to an aftermarket crystal with slightly better AR.

eb5009cf4b2e573044d930e4e4853ab7.jpg

620b18cf36702cb820d5b89b3df003fc.jpg

1bff4d999c8233ee02704160914422a9.jpg

26061fdc3f28ebf174cf78fa9e6f8a23.jpg

496ed73da95f8d4d74f8f022c5b771c7.jpg

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Jesus.... enough with the lip. Even if you can't see past the lip our own KJ gave a relatively easy mod that will correct that. If your problem is the color of the bezel, sorry but this is the best available right now. Take it or leave it, but I know MANY users just want to have this on their wrist and will not sweat the tiny details. What do you want for $500???

If you wait for the perfect pepsi, or any other rep for that matter you might as well get in line for a gen because both are not happening. I have been here for many years, and you just need to live with some flaws, or do not buy. Simple as that.

It's not the best we have right now, a good argument can be made for the VRF depending on the consumer's tastes

Picasso74

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
2/6/20
Italy Pordenone

this photo is taken from the web site of a well known strap maker….does he use fake watches for his outstanding or there is a problem with some gen batch?

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
It's not the best we have right now, a good argument can be made for the VRF depending on the consumer's tastes

Yes VRF is a worthy option as well. Listen I know you have good intent, but the information has been given so now all members can decide what is best for them. I can assure you aside from a handful of members, many will overlook these small details and be happy that we have a decent Pepsi that we can strap on that is not complete dog shit. We also need to give credit to the members that figure out how to fix some "glaring" flaws. That is what this forum is about, the information on flaws is noted and some of the solutions are available to those who want to enhance their very nice rep.

The bottom line is that in this little game we play, we just have to accept whatever flaws are given to us. We can't demand perfection out of a $500 watch, and should not expect it either. The rep game has evolved majorly over the years, and super reps are more norm than ever.... we are just getting spoiled!

We just need to look past all of this nonsense with lips and so called doo-doo colored inserts and just enjoy the watches that we can actually obtain and wear on our wrist. The flaws have been duly noted, and members can decide if they can live with it. If we do not buy, there are markets that will eat these up like hotcakes and that is who CF and the other factories are really catering to.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Yes VRF is a worthy option as well. Listen I know you have good intent, but the information has been given so now all members can decide what is best for them. I can assure you aside from a handful of members, many will overlook these small details and be happy that we have a decent Pepsi that we can strap on that is not complete dog shit. We also need to give credit to the members that figure out how to fix some "glaring" flaws. That is what this forum is about, the information on flaws is noted and some of the solutions are available to those who want to enhance their very nice rep.

The bottom line is that in this little game we play, we just have to accept whatever flaws are given to us. We can't demand perfection out of a $500 watch, and should not expect it either. The rep game has evolved majorly over the years, and super reps are more norm than ever.... we are just getting spoiled!

We just need to look past all of this nonsense with lips and so called doo-doo colored inserts and just enjoy the watches that we can actually obtain and wear on our wrist. The flaws have been duly noted, and members can decide if they can live with it. If we do not buy, there are markets that will eat these up like hotcakes and that is who CF and the other factories are really catering to.

I understand where you're coming from but I think you're misconstruing my intentions. I am not stating reps have to be perfect for 500USD, nor am I belittling people who like the watch. I myself have watches that have glaring flaws that I like.

I was simply replying to certain posters who either down-play the faults and say they're almost nonexistent or make up lies about the gen in order to make it seem like the flaws are not there. I am just calling out bullshit when I see it to give readers a more informed decision about their purchase (which a few here posted to say they were very thankful for).

If a person is aware of the flaws and still love it to buy it great! That's all that matters.

Reactions: RiffRalf

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
this photo is taken from the web site of a well known strap maker….does he use fake watches for his outstanding or there is a problem with some gen batch?

What problem do you see with this gen?

Last edited:

Stevenf

Supporter
Certified
12/7/17
Singapore
Stevenf how close to the scallops did you get? Hard to tell in those pictures. Good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! I didn’t really use the scallops as a reference. I stopped the sanding when the lip became visible and thickness looked right to my eyes.