• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

Fervid

I'm Pretty Popular
5/5/19
Down under
Anyone notice there’s no accessible pics of any of the BLRO’s on Jtime’s site anymore. Or am I the only one having this problem?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Website is likely having issues, a lot of watches aren't showing on my end.

Reactions: mnkoshka

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Just an FYI not sure if it’s useful info and I really don’t want to be a lip fan lol but

the gen BLRO Insert is smaller than all the other ceramic gmt inserts maybe due to how much they shrink during production as different chemicals are added to create the pigment or just because rolex like to screw with us ( no swapping allowed rule ) I’ve measured the rest of both gen bezels BLRO and BLNR the bezel is actually identical but the internal diameter from the scallop edge is smaller to fit the smaller Pepsi insert thus leaving the extra surface area everyone is calling “the lip”

so judging by dimensions noob got the insert size right as the noob bezel has the lip, I can’t see CF fixing this unless they make a whole new insert or bezel which probably won’t happen anytime soon so guys love it for what it is, I know I will

or get a complete noob BLRO assembly because it’s the only factory that got it right visually. end of story

Last edited:

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Just an FYI not sure if it’s useful info and I really don’t want to be a lip fan lol but

the gen BLRO Insert is smaller than all the other ceramic gmt inserts maybe due to how much they shrink during production as different chemicals are added to create the pigment or just because rolex like to screw with us ( no swapping allowed rule ) I’ve measured the rest of both gen bezels BLRO and BLNR the bezel is actually identical but the internal diameter from the scallop edge is smaller to fit the smaller Pepsi insert thus leaving the extra surface area everyone is calling “the lip”

so judging by dimensions noob got the insert size right as the noob bezel has the lip, I can’t see CF fixing this unless they make a whole new insert or bezel which probably won’t happen anytime soon so guys love it for what it is, I know I will

or get a complete noob BLRO assembly because it’s the only factory that got it right visually. end of story

You can modify the CF bezel assembly as seen in the post 2 above you.

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...si-picture-leaks-blro?p=10076541#post10076541

Replismio has modified the assembly, flattening the lip to make it appear more prominent. KJ2020 even wrote a small guide on how to do it.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...si-picture-leaks-blro?p=10076541#post10076541

Replismio has modified the assembly, flattening the lip to make it appear more prominent. KJ2020 even wrote a small guide on how to do it.

The lip that only I could see and didn’t matter, now you’re sharing advice how to mod the watch to add the lip. It’s OK, I forgive you. :joran:

Go on, I bet you did your own, show us?

Reactions: Pietros and BOSSK

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
b070952950a04ab189eefb462dc0a1f5.jpg

Paying lip service lol

Pretty good man!! That looks like a Pepsi now! Other flaws aside that was the deal breaker IMO. It’s great there’s an easy DIY fix.

gen for ref…

jHShis.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Replisimio

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
The lip that only I could see and didn’t matter, now you’re sharing advice how to mod the watch to add the lip. It’s OK, I forgive you. :joran:

Go on, I bet you did your own, show us?

I assume you're brain-damaged right? No-one denied the lip existed after you pointed out. The point was exactly this. YOU and only YOU were the only one to notice it. Other gen owners have chimed in and said they never noticed it. Yet after you mention it, it's taken as if it's some great flaw. That has been my entire point, I have never changed. I have never faltered from that point. The point is the flaw is so small that 99.99% of users didn't notice it.

That doesn't remove it as a flaw, it just shows you how very minor it is. As for offering advice? No... I just mentioned that two users have done it. And they offered their advice on how to do it. Once again, you contribute nothing to the thread (ironically, as am I now).

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09

yeah I did mention at the start of the thread I’d machine the bezel to gen spec once I receive it. I also posted picks of another bezel i machined to prove it could be done. Unfortunately it’s more than the lip that needs modification for the bezel. The rest of the watch is okay for me, just thought I’d add some info as to why this lip actually exists. I’ll post some of my results hopefully soon

Last edited:

dont watch me

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/5/21
UK
The 15 minute "Don't gimme no lip" bezel mod, haha.

Use a die to help hold and guide the bezel while sanding the inside bezel rim on a flat surface with 2000 grit. This will start to remove material.

j3k7zo.jpg

Be gentle and take it slow, rotating your grip to keep even pressure points. Evaluate progress often

j3kNkP.jpg

Switch to 7000 grit wet, then finish off with some Cape Cod

j3kJ7K.jpg

It's even all the way around, some light reflections can make it look a little wider in spots.

j3kczv.jpg

Before and after

j3kFaS.jpg

Better than a fat lip!

Amazing post bro. I've never modded a watch before but love what you did here. Was thinking I might try this when I get my CF. Was just wondering how did you get the bezel ring off the watch and then how did you get it back on the watch?. Also did you remove the ceramic from the bezel to sand it or did u just leave it on? I'm guessing you removed the ceramic as it would've got sanded down aswel. Sorry if it's a silly question i'm just fully clueless and really want to do it.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I assume you're brain-damaged right? No-one denied the lip existed after you pointed out. The point was exactly this. YOU and only YOU were the only one to notice it. Other gen owners have chimed in and said they never noticed it. Yet after you mention it, it's taken as if it's some great flaw. That has been my entire point, I have never changed. I have never faltered from that point. The point is the flaw is so small that 99.99% of users didn't notice it.

That doesn't remove it as a flaw, it just shows you how very minor it is. As for offering advice? No... I just mentioned that two users have done it. And they offered their advice on how to do it. Once again, you contribute nothing to the thread (ironically, as am I now).

Told you before, no one noticed because no one knew Pepsi had a different bezel. Now you are promoting a fix for it. Good man.

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
there is no remedy for the teeth of the bezel, as well as for the wrong color of the bezel, and the wrong shape of the case. Have fun with a fancy watch and forget the resemblance to gen.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Told you before, no one noticed because no one knew Pepsi had a different bezel. Now you are promoting a fix for it. Good man.

That's sort of my entire point. No one noticed it. We are on a forum in which scrutinises, not just looks but actively searches for flaws. No-one but you noticed it. They all want to act like it's some huge flaw now, but the reality is. Despite their intense scrutiny only you picked this up. As I mentioned before, which I assume you chose to deliberately ignore. I said... there are several other gen owners here of the BLRO, that never noticed it. That is how small a flaw it is. That other genuine owners haven't picked it up.

For whatever reason you are desperate to find flaws in this watch. Personally, I have my own suspicions as to why that is. But I'll put it this way. You might be the only user I have ever come across in all rep forums and all rep models. That has attempted to find errors with internal lettering on the inside of a clasp. Not wrong printing, not wrong style. But the actual wrong letters and numericals. You were 'concerned' that the numbers/letters may differ from gen, maybe there was a different combination of letters/to numbers. Now that to me paints the picture of a user that is DESPERATELY trying to find fault with this. For whatever reason you have a real chip on your shoulder about this CF... where did the bad man touch you?

As for promoting a fix for it? Well that's an interesting interpretation. But at this point, I expect your one-track level.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
It would have popped up at some point. It's like saying there's no evidence one way or another that a unicorn exists.

I hear ya. Not trying to be awkward. But the suspected rear gen batch, May have popped up if people were actively looking for lips on internet pics (which no one is). Even if they were constantly looking, what the chances of finding a clear enough pic of the 35pcs Only 2016 August Pepsi batch with no lip.

It’s not the same as the unicorn analogy because it’s common knowledge that Rolex interchanges parts between models....takes years for the variation to be acknowledged in the wild.

Remember all the Rolex threads here across the years, everyone was saying rep was flawed and then literally years later someone finds a rear gen 16610 batch which looks same as rep. Seen it many time before.

Uhr70

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
7/9/13
USA
there is no remedy for the teeth of the bezel, as well as for the wrong color of the bezel, and the wrong shape of the case. Have fun with a fancy watch and forget the resemblance to gen.

Thank you. Even if I was able to move past the missing lip, I would still be disappointed by the insert color in sunlight, protruding end links, wrong size scallops, wrong size lugs, shorter minute hand.. IMO this CF GMT is not up to par and we know it. If we want gen like, this watch is not it. If we want a nice watch, then yes, it is a nice one. But gen like? Sorry, CF missed the mark. And before you flame me, I am not judging anyone's choice, simply stating facts about the watch, NOT its owners.

Reactions: Pietros

srhoque

Put Some Respect On My Name
28/11/18
Thank you. Even if I was able to move past the missing lip, I would still be disappointed by the insert color in sunlight, protruding end links, wrong size scallops, wrong size lugs, shorter minute hand.. IMO this CF GMT is not up to par and we know it. If we want gen like, this watch is not it. If we want a nice watch, then yes, it is a nice one. But gen like? Sorry, CF missed the mark. And before you flame me, I am not judging anyone's choice, simply stating facts about the watch, NOT its owners.

Enough stated buddy, move on. Stop sounding like a broken record. unfortunately, rep factories don’t have R&D budget. Folks who buy this mode are actually partially funding future models and potential improvements (sad for owners but true). Illegal factories need a lot of working capital and liquidity to operate and move forward. You stating “facts” repeatedly is doing nothing but adding noise to this thread. Thank you if you have purchased this watch (some of your contribution will be put to good use). If not - please go spend time in another thread.

Note: Don’t take this as a personal insult. At this point, I am looking for solutions, not repeated stating of the same old “facts”.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
That's sort of my entire point. No one noticed it. We are on a forum in which scrutinises, not just looks but actively searches for flaws. No-one but you noticed it. They all want to act like it's some huge flaw now, but the reality is. Despite their intense scrutiny only you picked this up. As I mentioned before, which I assume you chose to deliberately ignore. I said... there are several other gen owners here of the BLRO, that never noticed it. That is how small a flaw it is. That other genuine owners haven't picked it up.

For whatever reason you are desperate to find flaws in this watch. Personally, I have my own suspicions as to why that is. But I'll put it this way. You might be the only user I have ever come across in all rep forums and all rep models. That has attempted to find errors with internal lettering on the inside of a clasp. Not wrong printing, not wrong style. But the actual wrong letters and numericals. You were 'concerned' that the numbers/letters may differ from gen, maybe there was a different combination of letters/to numbers. Now that to me paints the picture of a user that is DESPERATELY trying to find fault with this. For whatever reason you have a real chip on your shoulder about this CF... where did the bad man touch you?

As for promoting a fix for it? Well that's an interesting interpretation. But at this point, I expect your one-track level.

I don’t agree with any of that but I’m not repeating myself.
I’d like to know though why you feel you must reply to every single post in this thread like you live here or something, that and you take it all so personally like the watch is your sick child? You are the fanboy in this thread for sure but I don’t think you’ve even offered anything useful or constructive, only arguments?

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I hear ya. Not trying to be awkward. But the suspected rear gen batch, May have popped up if people were actively looking for lips on internet pics (which no one is). Even if they were constantly looking, what the chances of finding a clear enough pic of the 35pcs Only 2016 August Pepsi batch with no lip.

It’s not the same as the unicorn analogy because it’s common knowledge that Rolex interchanges parts between models....takes years for the variation to be acknowledged in the wild.

Remember all the Rolex threads here across the years, everyone was saying rep was flawed and then literally years later someone finds a rear gen 16610 batch which looks same as rep. Seen it many time before.

Nah man. That's just fallacious reasoning. I guarantee you people were actively looking for gen Pepsi's with a lip especially with the CF fanboys in full effect here. It never ever happened. Staying it might exist is just straight up wrong.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Rolex made the parts non-interchangeable between GMT's. They even offset the lug holes so you could not swap an Oyster bracelet with the Jubilee (there is a workaround using different pins). Therefore I am quite sure the only batch of Pepsi without a bezel lip is the Clean V1.

JTSWE

19/2/17
CF got raided bad 2 days ago

Skickat från min iPhone med RWI