• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Admittedly I am Not entirely sure what this missing lip business is about but I don’t think I have a lip on my 2015 batman (see pic). If it does have a lip then it’s hardly noticeable....Maybe I’m not seeing the flaws with this rep because i ain’t paranoid about getting called out or I just don’t care to scrutinise reps to that level. Don’t have the time or inclination tbh. Just enjoy them for what they are. I’d happily wear this rep with a gen xtal and DW.

E972-F884-7953-4-D80-8-B04-C1756105-DCC5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Sonofalich

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Contrary to popular belief there is no reason to try one in person when the flaw is evident in photos, not to mention plenty of owners here stated there is no lip once holding one in hand.
Why do you need approval of other users to enjoy it? Why do you fight so hard for approval of others? Just rock it. I like reps other people don't. Just wear it and keep it movin'.

I don't need anyones approval. I'm just stating the facts. You continue to comment on a watch that you have never seen in real life. We get your opinion, you keep saying it over and over again. We get it. What are you contributing to this thread? You have no horses in this race? I don't get why you continue to post here. We've talked about the "flaws" that bug you. Everyone knows them.

Furthermore, I 100% wholeheartedly disagree with your poor logic on 'trying one in person'. You absolutely need to see things in real life to make actual judgements. Your judgements based on photos that have filters, lighting, a whole range of different variables that are uncontrolled. To make judgements from pictures alone is foolish at best. Yes, you can get a general feel from pictures, but you can't get the fine points. You just simply cannot. Tangible experience is always going to be a superior form of review.

A great example is one I've already talked to you about. I bought a JLC Ultra Thin Moon... everyone raves on about the Moon Phase, and dates being too close to the moon phase wheel (on some editions). In pictures, it looks like a flaw if you know what you are looking for. In real life? No. You're never going to notice it, because you don't exist in real life with 10 x zoom. When I got mine in the real world, I couldn't believe how small the date wheel and the moon phase indicator is. It's absolutely minute.

The point is, what looks like a large and scary flaw in pictures often does not translate to real life.

Edit:
The biggest fault on this rep and the only one I'm considering changing is the crystal. Putting a crystal on this, and perhaps a new datewheel if you got a bad example (mine is fine). The rest of the oh so scary flaws that you have talked to death are entirely insignificant when viewed through the lens of real-world conditions.

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I don't need anyones approval. I'm just stating the facts. You continue to comment on a watch that you have never seen in real life. We get your opinion, you keep saying it over and over again. We get it. What are you contributing to this thread? You have no horses in this race? I don't get why you continue to post here. We've talked about the "flaws" that bug you. Everyone knows them.

Furthermore, I 100% wholeheartedly disagree with your poor logic on 'trying one in person'. You absolutely need to see things in real life to make actual judgements. Your judgements based on photos that have filters, lighting, a whole range of different variables that are uncontrolled. To make judgements from pictures alone, is foolish. Yes, you can get a general feel from pictures, but you can't get the fine points. You just simply cannot. Tangible experience is always going to be better...

A great example is one I've already talked to you about. I bought a JLC Ultra Thin Moon... everyone raves on about the Moon Phase, and dates being too close to the moon phase wheel (on some editions). In pictures, it looks like a flaw if you know what you are looking for. In real life? No. You're never going to notice it, because you don't exist in real life with 10 x zoom. When I got mine in the real world, I couldn't believe how small the date wheel and the moon phase indicator is. It's absolutely minute.

The point is, what looks like a large and scary flaw in pictures often does not translate to real life.

I keep repeating them over and over again cause you keep spewing misinformation over and over again, particularly out of emotion and not out of logic. And again, many CF Pepsi owners stated there is no lip. So no, I do not need to handle one in person when both photos AND many testaments from owners state the same thing.

Last edited:

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I keep repeating them over and over again cause you keep spewing misinformation over and over again, particularly out of emotion and not out of logic. And again, many CF Pepsi owners stated there is no lip. So no, I do not need to handle one in person when both photos AND many testaments from owners state the same thing.

What misinformation would that be? There is a small lip. What do you think I just sent a photo of? What do you think KJ2020 and Replismo were able to modify the bezel construction to flatten it out to make it appear more prominent.

There exists a lip whether you want to understand that or not. It is smaller than gen Pepsi and far less noticeable, but it does exist in all of CF reps, as it does on Submariners and Batman's too. It's just much smaller.

Again, you'd know this if you held in your hand. Instead you keep talking without any tangible experience.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
What misinformation would that be? There is a small lip. What do you think I just sent a photo of? What do you think KJ2020 and Replismo were able to modify the bezel construction to flatten it out to make it appear more prominent.

There exists a lip whether you want to understand that or not. It is smaller than gen Pepsi and far less noticeable, but it does exist in all of CF reps, as it does on Submariners and Batman's too. It's just much smaller.

Again, you'd know this if you held in your hand. Instead you keep talking without any tangible experience.

I don't see any more of a lip on your bezel that isn't already on a Submariner bezel which has long been established since the beginning. CF half assed their release and use assetts from Submariner manufacturing onto their GMT models. Fat lugs and "lack of bezel lip" -- congrats on the baby lip, but we're arguing semantics now. This is what I mean by emotional. You are rephrasing the problem to cope with your half assed rep.

Last edited:

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
I don't see any lip on your bezel that is already on a Submariner bezel which has long been established since the beginning. CF half assed their released and use assetts from Submariner manufacturing onto their GMT models. Fat lugs and "lack of bezel lip" -- congrats on the baby lip, but we're arguing semantics now.

You've been arguing semantics your entire duration on this thread. What's different?

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
.Maybe I’m not seeing the flaws with this rep because i ain’t paranoid about getting called out or I just don’t care to scrutinise reps to that level. Don’t have the time or inclination tbh. Just enjoy them for what they are. I’d happily wear this rep with a gen xtal and DW.

100% this.

Depending on your date-wheel you receive... some are better than others with alignment etc. But it does need a new crystal. No idea how CF messed this crystal up, but the cyclops really does not look great. The biggest flaw on this watch.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
mech500 Batman's aren't supposed to have the lip, Pepsi's do.

I see. Thanks for that. But How do people even know that. lol. Regardless, Who’s to say Rolex never interchanged Pepsi and batman parts In the summer of 2015 or whatever. No evidence to prove eitherway.

Like I said, the only deal breaker for me is the crap xtal and DW....which is a shame because I have the CF 116613LB and it has an amazing xtal.

But admittedly I haven’t handled the rep Pepsi in real life, so yeh, maybe the bezel will look off.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I see. Thanks for that. But How do people even know that. lol. Regardless, Who’s to say Rolex never interchanged Pepsi and batman parts In the summer of 2015 or whatever. No evidence to prove eitherway.

Like I said, the only deal breaker for me is the crap xtal and DW....which is a shame because I have the CF 116613LB and it has an amazing xtal.

But admittedly I haven’t handled the rep Pepsi in real life, so yeh, maybe the bezel will look off.

Well there is evidence, there has never been a Pepsi without the lip, no picture or video of a Pepsi have ever once shown a bezel without the lip. That's pretty evident if you ask me.

ImMunneY

Horology Curious
13/2/18
Can you guys just STFU? about it... Duckber we get there isn't enough lip to suit you and thats noted. No need to continue to beat a dead horse over it. If you aren't going to offer anything else contructive, why don't you just leave the thread to people who are actually owners, and perspective buyers. I respect your opinion and I'm sure most people here do, but when you try to berate everyone who bought one or has interest because it isn't perfect is bad form.

This is just my opinion. I get tired of checking this thread and seeing basically 3-5 people arguing the same 2 points over and over and over for 47 freaking pages

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Can you guys just STFU? about it... Duckber we get there isn't enough lip to suit you and thats noted. No need to continue to beat a dead horse over it. If you aren't going to offer anything else contructive, why don't you just leave the thread to people who are actually owners, and perspective buyers. I respect your opinion and I'm sure most people here do, but when you try to berate everyone who bought one or has interest because it isn't perfect is bad form.

This is just my opinion. I get tired of checking this thread and seeing basically 3-5 people arguing the same 2 points over and over and over for 47 freaking pages

Buddy, you act like I just keep repeating it out of nowhere. There are a few here who keep saying it somehow has a lip or that Gen Pepsi's have runs of lips. It takes two parties to tango.

Plus I'm berating people who bought it? Wtf are you talking about? How many times have I said in this thread if you like it enjoy it? The only thing I said to owners is to stop getting upset at people who criticize the watch but enjoy the watch if you like it. You clearly have me confused with someone else pal.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Looks fantastic mate. And to the other people on this thread not worth arguing with duckber he was doing the same theater on the vsf 126xxx thread, is not worth giving a fool attention.

Says the guy who literally shits on reps he never handled. Hypocrite.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
All this lip, no lip biz makes my head spin every time I open this thread. Regardless, I finally have an Oyster one on the way and I’m sure I’ll like it….Angelina Jolie lips or not lol

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
We can’t do much about the shallower bezel scallops but I can’t wait to get this CF and machine the bezel to give her a full lip-rim job ????

If people don’t like the bezel I’m sure another bezel will fit, maybe someone will start modding one soon and issue can be totally fixable with a simple bezel swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MikeMeezy77

xox

You're Saying I Can Sell?
15/4/11
Page 168 of this thread - posted 3 pics of genuine Pepsis - barely visible Lips - you are welcome