CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tom86 View Post
    We've seen many flaws on different reps in the last few years. Some of them were major, others were barely noticeable even for the true diehard rep-maniacs, like many of the guys on this forum.

But to reject a watch like this only due to the "different 3's" in the serial number ...well, that's some upper level shit. Nothing personal, just thinking out loud. Imagine you are at a ball at a prime minister's private residence, and some random heir of a billionaire family just shows up to check your watch with a loupe between two afternoon tea servings, and he suddenly starts screaming in front of everyone: "The 3's are different! The 3's are different! I knew it! Guards, get rid of him!"

That's my biggest f..ing nightmare of all.
    friggin hilarious. Thanks for the morning laugh…

Comment

Originally posted by senator View Post

tell me, why should anyone care of your bullshit with a distance of maybe 0,5 meters……..
      Is it really ‘bullshit’? Or am I just highlighting a flaw that I’ve seen? I thought the purpose of this discussion was to analyse the watch and discuss potential early flaws (which always do exist in these replicas). If you want to start calling people out for raising a genuine discussion point then it defeats the purpose and puts other members away from raising their points - which are equally as valid as yours.

Comment

@up
        Yes, it is bullshit.
        This rep is freakin great. A work of art. The different 3's discussion makes me want to puke.

Comment

The officially certified flaw can’t be unseen now for me.

Comment

Actually I just looked and the gen is identical..... weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Jmorgan92 View Post

Is it really ‘bullshit’? Or am I just highlighting a flaw that I’ve seen? I thought the purpose of this discussion was to analyse the watch and discuss potential early flaws (which always do exist in these replicas). If you want to start calling people out for raising a genuine discussion point then it defeats the purpose and puts other members away from raising their points - which are equally as valid as yours.
              i for one appreciate your keen eye

i do have some reservations about red-lighting an otherwise perfectly fine watch, given that some of these flaws (like the 3) seem present in the entire release, but i agree that the half the point of discussing the release is to find and share these sorts of things
              Last edited by tanith; 14-07-21, 06:55.

Comment

There have long been numerous font size and spacing anomalies on gens in the bottom two lines of text. Rep makers are just copying gens exactly when you see this on a rep dial.

Some more examples

The first three words start with an oversized letter, the fourth word does not.

Most of the E and L letters are taller.

The spacing is uneven in the last 4 letters of CHRONOMETER.

The C in OFFICIALLY is too tall

The F and D in CERTIFIED are too tall (along with the previously mention Es)

Why did Rolex do this? Who knows. Some have speculated it to be an anti-counterfeiting measure. There are some variations in these anomalies and I've seen them not present on some gen dials. Also they are more commonly found on Sports model (now called Professional model) dials.
                Last edited by KJ2020; 14-07-21, 07:11.
                We are all related in time since time is relative to us all.
                GMT Movements Explained
                BP Rolex 16710 GMT Full Review VS Gen
                Swap your CHS movement to ICHS - possible?
                The Fantasy Watch Thread
                Noob GMT's poor bezel design
                Ceramic insert paint mod

Double Nine Gonzo!

Comment

hi guys… .QC oyster bracelet arrived !! a big YES

Comment

Originally posted by Gheffo76 View Post
                    That is a good pic

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Comment

Completely agree with KJ2020

Comment

Yep the gens ‘certified’ is slightly arched from the bottom also

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

RIP wallet! I wanted a good rep for this model since it was released. Will compliment my RF GMT rep collection!

Comment

Originally posted by Gheffo76 View Post
                            Seems like the AR coating on the cyclops is not so good

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

I'm sitting wearing my genuine BLRO looking at these pics on the screen and I can tell they all they just don't look right. These are some sort of Submariner/GMT hybrid thing, neither of them right either. the bezel lip is missing, it's very noticeable, it's not a Pepsi without it and the elegant profile of the case against the jubilee is lost with the fat Submariner lugs. This is a Submariner case with a red blue insert and gmt dial I see above.

Genuine for reference..

Comment

Originally posted by StreetFighter View Post
                                I'm sitting wearing my genuine BLRO looking at these pics on the screen and I can tell they all they just don't look right. These are some sort of Submariner/GMT hybrid thing, neither of them right either. the bezel lip is missing, it's very noticeable, it's not a Pepsi without it and the elegant profile of the case against the jubilee is lost with the fat Submariner lugs. This is a Submariner case with a red blue insert and gmt dial I see above.
                                I honestly can't spot the difference. Maybe the lugs are very slightly off, but there's no way I'm ever spotting that without a gen and a ruler haha.

What is a bezel lip? Can't see whats missing there either

Comment

Working...
                                X