• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
They did, KJ!

https://jtime.cc/us/gmt-master-ii-1...st-edition-on-oyster-bracelet-vr3186-chs.html

But somehow the 18 transition looks much better on 116710. Hope it's just a QC issue.

ZVkYLP.jpg

Looks like CF made the BLNR as both a 116710 and a 126710. Interesting.

https://jtime.cc/us/gmt-master-ii-1...el-clean-factory-best-edition-vr3186-chs.html

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
Just ordered pepsi. Will see if it's any better than NOOB and VRF.

Kinda thinking about ordering batman as well just to see how good it is compared to ARF....hmmm

Anywayz, with everything going on nowadays with the rep industry, I say it's safe to get these puppies now than wait.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
but the 116710 BLNR should have been engraved 3285

Huh? Shoudn't 116170 be using the 3186 movt?
BTW, with closer inspection, the CF 126710 BLNR is not using the correct longer minute hand, and the lugs shape doesn't seem to comply with the gen too. I wonder what would be the number engravings between the lugs for both models.
IMO, their 116710 BLNR would be a better choice in terms of cosmetic accuracy.

Reactions: KJ2020 and VG87

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Huh? Shoudn't 116170 be using the 3186 movt?

Correct, you cut some words off my QUOTE, I said

ALL OF THESE but the 116710 BLNR should be engraved 3285

BTW, with closer inspection, the CF 126710 BLNR is not using the correct longer minute hand, and the lugs shape doesn't seem to comply with the gen too. I wonder what would be the number engravings between the lugs for both models.
IMO, their 116710 BLNR would be a better choice in terms of cosmetic accuracy.

Indeed bro CF missed the longer hands on the 126710

ZVklS1.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: VG87

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
With a VR3186 though? Shouldn't they be using the earlier 3185 since that was the last version of that watch in oyster before coming back on jubilee and the R crown in between "swiss made"?

116710 BLNR has only ever had a gen 3186 bro.

It's hard to keep all this straight since we've called the rep movement a VR3185.

Reactions: VG87

thrillofhunt

Put Some Respect On My Name
Gold Patron
Certified
8/2/11
Is it still the 3185 based or they have changed it completely to the 3186 spec like the ARF SH3186?
As KJ2020 said, the factory also say its the exact same movement but they moved the regulating pins inside to make it look like a free sprung balance.

Reactions: KJ2020

vipstyle888

Known Member
18/2/19
Hong Kong

All CFs has bad insert alignment. I just paid for mine, watch will arrive to Li by weekend as he said. Hopefully this won't be an issue on the first selling batches.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Does the BLRO have the correct bezel (different from BLNR)? From these pics it's hard to tell..

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
And we shall find out once we start seeing IRL pictures posted. ;)

We literally have IRL pictures here, of them side by side, there is no better comparison than that. The gen red is clearly evidently different.

Last edited:

jiro

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
10/12/06
We literally have IRL pictures here, of them side by side, there is no better comparison than that. The gen red is clearly evidently different.

But it clearly looks better than my noob and vrf max insert so I will find out once i receive this beauty. yum~

And hopefully VSF can resurface in time and come up with better version!

Until then, this will do. ;)

*This hobby just became "fun" again~ :)

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
But it clearly looks better than my noob and vrf max insert so I will find out once i receive this beauty. yum~

And hopefully VSF can resurface in time and come up with better version!

Until then, this will do. ;)

*This hobby just became "fun" again~ :)

I do agree with you that this is the best so far and the fit and finish is top notch. SELs look great. I personally find the VRF insert nicer as the brighter red looks nicer than this brown but purchasing this and throwing a VRF insert would make a very nice combo

thechoppiestgreens

2/4/18

All CFs has bad insert alignment. I just paid for mine, watch will arrive to Li by weekend as he said. Hopefully this won't be an issue on the first selling batches.

Where did you speak with Li? I’ve been trying to get ahold of him via Whatsapp, as per our usual conversations, but he hasn’t been online in forever. Really excited to get a CF Pepsi.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Does the BLRO have the correct bezel (different from BLNR)? From these pics it's hard to tell..

Bezels look identical bro. The gen Pepsi bezel was made taller because the insert is so thick but the CF inserts are skinny mini.

ZVwkRP.jpg

ZVw4hW.jpg

Reactions: MikeMeezy77

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
ZVkvSF.jpg

ZVkEet.jpg

This is a real shame. It's kept me ever buying a ZF Tudor GMT, they are all misaligned.

I'm sure these CF inserts are press fit, the prospect of realigning them is not appealing. Best done by adjusting the scalloped crystal retaining ring and not by removing and re-pressing the insert IMO. But either way the bezel has to come off which is always a risky task. Bummer. Instant reject for me on a $500+ watch, but it can be "disguised" in QC pics (not making any accusations).

Of course this flaw can be remedied easily if the crystal is replaced.

Last edited:
Reactions: JonathanLing91

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I don't understand why Rolex took all the pains to make two different bezels for the Pepsi and Batman.

Last edited:
Reactions: wegener2

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I don't understand what Rolex took all the pains to make two different bezels for the Pepsi and Batman.

The difficulty in getting acceptable red and blue colors together in a one piece ceramic insert required it to be thicker is what I've read.

Which begs the question, is the CF a two piece insert. Anyone have pics of the backside?

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
I don't understand what Rolex took all the pains to make two different bezels for the Pepsi and Batman.

The Pepsi bezel harks back to the earlier GMT’s which had a thicker leading edge plus it sits a little lower showing more crystal edge too. Noob did this well but I don’t think CF have got it perfect but it can probably be modded as the insert does appear in the pics to sit comfortably below the lip of the bezel.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Where did you speak with Li? I’ve been trying to get ahold of him via Whatsapp, as per our usual conversations, but he hasn’t been online in forever. Really excited to get a CF Pepsi.

Li usually replies really quick to me but I too am struggling to get a response from him! He owes me a favour so I’m trying to call it in to get one of these before CF get raided too!

Reactions: vipstyle888

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
The difficulty in getting acceptable red and blue colors together in a one piece ceramic insert required it to be thicker is what I've read.

Which begs the question, is the CF a two piece insert. Anyone have pics of the backside?

I believe the gen is one whole red piece with a blue piece added to it from what I’ve heard.