• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

RiffRalf

Renowned Member
10/7/19
USA
Another

Left Gen (MK3)
Right Clean

As you can see even the gen mk3 has a purple hue to it in direct sunlight. Clean blue looks like a royal blue in direct sunlight. The biggest let down is the red on clean. It looks like a pumpkin red with a brown undertone.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Well it's redder than the Noob ....

Still thinking of the ROF or VRF ...

Reactions: diamonds and KJ2020

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
17/4/17
Here is Noob insert (Insert only) next to the gen MK1 (watch)

I dont have the gen with mk1 insert anymore but looking at the colors, I'd say noob is pretty similar to clean, maybe exactly the same but better engraved...

Reactions: Duckber

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Here is Noob insert (Insert only) next to the gen MK1 (watch)

I dont have the gen with mk1 insert anymore but looking at the colors, I'd say noob is pretty similar to clean, maybe exactly the same but better engraved...

Could you put the Noob insert on top of the CF like you did here? Assuming you still have that insert

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I dont have noob insert either

No prob. What are you overall impressions with case shape? Is the lack of bezel lip apparent to you? How is the crystal, and overall gen-feel in-hand?

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
Another

Left Gen (MK3)
Right Clean

As you can see even the gen mk3 has a purple hue to it in direct sunlight. Clean blue looks like a royal blue in direct sunlight. The biggest let down is the red on clean. It looks like a pumpkin red with a brown undertone.

20210717-143358.jpg

It's about time someone finally posted what a few of us saw all along.
The Clean 126710 Pepsi is way off! No bezel lip, bad crown guards, wrong case, fat lugs, etc.. Most important is how far off the colors are. VRF Max was closer to the Mk1 colors than Clean is to the Mk3 colors. Now imagine how far off the Clean BLRO is compared to a Gen Mk1 colors.

Last edited:

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
17/4/17
Clean Pepsi..

Bracelet is nice, case is ok, insert is better than all the current reps but still far away from gen. Dial is much better than all the current reps, but still not as good as gen. Crystal has got to go, same with hands and DW.

Clean gmt lugs are a bit fat but only visible when side by side

I'd say my favorite thing about clean is the bracelet, then dial, then hands.

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
They were going to do the bezel right but they heard some customers arguing outside the factory and one of them yelled "Don't gimme no lip".

I guess getting no lip is better than getting a fat lip. ;)

Reactions: KJ2020

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Finally a voice of reason. Maybe all the LOL CANT COMPARE COLOR ON YOUR MONITOR guys can stop with the nonsense now

The insert color is really off. Look how brown that red is, sheesh.

Yes, because people often walk around with their genuine pepsi next to their rep one. It's as if you are determined to not like it, you do you. But, it sounds like a miserable way to live. The difference is trivial imo. If there was only one type of bezel from Rolex, perhaps then you could argue it was an issue. But there exists 3 variations, perhaps 4.

This is easily the best Pepsi rep we've had, and I for one will certainly enjoy wearing mine without batting an eyelid.

"Something in here's not right today.
Why am I so uptight today?
Paranoia's all I got left"

You're welcome.

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Yes, because people often walk around with their genuine pepsi next to their rep one. It's as if you are determined to not like it, you do you. But, it sounds like a miserable way to live.

You've been having these condescendingly snarky remarks for people who don't favor what you like for a while now.

Not finding something aesthetically pleasing does not equal miserable. This also has nothing to do with paranoia or being called out. CF's remaking of the Pepsi is just not appealing aesthetically. That brown color for red, the fat lugs, nasty looking crystal and lack of bezel lip = pretty damn off-putting.

Glad you like it and aren't miserable though!

Last edited:
Reactions: StreetFighter

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
Here is a picture of the clean pepsi next to my gen. My gen has the mk3 insert, which is much darker blue than mk1 and mk2, but the clean pepsi insert color is so off that it makes my mk3 look like an mk1.

The red is brownish and not as rich as gen.

Now can you see how much is far from gen??????

Thank you very much bro!

dharma

F.a.i.g.a. addicted
13/11/14
The Hive
The serial number has the infamous 3's in different font, you should reject it for sure! (So I can take it) :thumbsup:

.....oh, this is not the issue..... see the R in "perpetual".....i could live with this, but i will probably sell it on September/October (i really don't like this model too much, it is a summer attempt ;-)

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
So outdoors in natural light it looks pretty off. Whoever owns the gen and the rep…. Is there any angle in natural light that the colours look similar or is it done and dusted lol. More angles and in different light would be helpful to understand the range we are dealing with.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: KJ2020