• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
As I suspected the insert is stuck into the bezel so I’m going to try and create a lip.
f99fff0448ab00e4f26cbd839767b979.jpg

6b5ce7d5b43e5afd83a22e6fde57d34c.jpg

c9f418a9a4aaf1d16b90dc02c9658884.jpg

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I’ve managed to thicken the leading edge, just need to polish it more.

That's a really good effort well done! You can see the difference immediately. As above, there is not much to play with but if care is taken it looks like this can be a DIY fix.
Nice!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
That's actually really good. I'm still confused, how did u do it exactly?

Tape some fine grit sandpaper on a very flat level surface. For something this delicate I wouldn't go below 2500 grit, increasing to 3000, 5000, 7000.

When I refurbish a bezel, case, or bracelet I end with 7000 grit and it's *almost* usably mirror finish before I even take it to the polishing wheel.

Next, turn the bezel upside down so the rim to be polished sits on the sandpaper. Press gently and sand it in a circular motion, changing your grip position constantly so as not to put uneven pressure in any one spot.

Check progress often and apply more pressure where needed to keep the widening lip even throughout the circle.

You can also tape a crystal die to the bezel to help hold it while sanding.

When done sanding, hit it briefly with a polishing wheel.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Amazing lookin like a noob lol!
b7fe36e74e3a6e981b891afc77cfb58b.jpg

Do you think the noob bezel would fit on cf assembly?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Noob Pepsi bezel well is much deeper and the insert is thicker. Also the Noob hytrel ring groove has an open top. It's not a groove but a stairstep. I would not want to trust a Noob Pepsi bezel staying in place on any watch (including a Noob Pepsi) without some help. There are many reports of them popping off or falling off.

Noob GMT Pepsi's poor bezel design

Last edited:
Reactions: saucin and macarone

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
The Noob Pepsi bezel well is much deeper and the insert is thicker. Also the Noob hytrel ring groove has an open top. It's not a groove but a stairstep. I would not want to trust a Noob Peosi bezel staying in place on any watch (including a Noob Pepsi) without some help. There are many reports of them popping off or falling off.

Noob GMT Pepsi's poor bezel design

I was just about to say that lol. Noob bezel does have its flaw as KJ has said. At least the CF has a more traditional set up and what looks like a gen spec hytrel ring for the bezel fitting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pirate949

Known Member
Certified
24/1/20
United States
Tape some fine grit sandpaper on a very flat level surface. For something this delicate I wouldn't go below 2500 grit, increasing to 3000, 5000, 7000.

When I refurbish a bezel, case, or bracelet I end with 7000 grit and it's *almost* usably mirror finish before I even take it to the polishing wheel.

Next, turn the bezel upside down so the rim to be polished sits on the sandpaper. Press gently and sand it in a circular motion, changing your grip position constantly so as not to put uneven pressure in any one spot.

Check progress often and apply more pressure where needed to keep the widening lip even throughout the circle.

Sweet, appreciate this! Still waiting for my QC, will most def follow this if the lip bothers me too much.

Reactions: KJ2020

SOLEX

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
30/3/09
I was just about to say that lol. Noob bezel does have its flaw as KJ has said. At least the CF has a more traditional set up and what looks like a gen spec hytrel ring for the bezel fitting.

Thanks for the info! Great quick mod, and it looks amazing!!

Reactions: Replisimio

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
So most of these posts have to do with appearance - can anyone enlighten me on the movement? I’ve had the VR in a couple of the 41mm Subs, but how does the GMT function work on these? Per gen? Or similar to the A2836-2? Concern about the jumping hour mechanism like on the Noob?

It's a next gen VR-3185 bro. Unless VR did something insanely foolish like switch to a 3186 jump click, this new movement should be just as reliable as it's predecessor. I am hoping to have one in hand to service soon, and of course will post my findings.

Last edited:

wubsub

i like subs
Patron
Certified
31/10/18
sorry who are?
We've seen many flaws on different reps in the last few years. Some of them were major, others were barely noticeable even for the true diehard rep-maniacs, like many of the guys on this forum.

But to reject a watch like this only due to the "different 3's" in the serial number ...well, that's some upper level shit. Nothing personal, just thinking out loud. Imagine you are at a ball at a prime minister's private residence, and some random heir of a billionaire family just shows up to check your watch with a loupe between two afternoon tea servings, and he suddenly starts screaming in front of everyone: "The 3's are different! The 3's are different! I knew it! Guards, get rid of him!"

That's my biggest f..ing nightmare of all.

sorry for quoting yesterdays post but this just made me spit out my drink..

Akilles

Lord Commander
Certified
11/6/17
The North

Bro, you make it all sound so simple.

I feel proud just to manage resizing the bracelet with a link :)

Last edited:

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Amazing! How do you remove the bezel insert safely from the bezel? Special tools needed?

Ordinarily you would need a special dye that fits inside the bezel holes to evenly press it out but this one is just in with double sided tape so gently slipping a thin blade between the bezel and insert and slowly working your way around does the job.

Ishmael

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
31/3/14
It's a next gen VR-3185 bro. Unless VR did something insanely foolish like switch to a 3186 jump click, this new movement should be just as reliable as it's predecessor. I am hoping to have one in hand to service soon, and of course will post my findings.

Great thanks for the reply!

Reactions: KJ2020

MikeMeezy77

That’s not 904L…
10/7/20
Michigan
StreetFighter

Hey bro could you snap a picture of your gen Pepsi at a 90 degree angle or in a way where we can see how close the lip is to the scallops? I’d really appreciate it dude!

Edit: Never mind I can clearly see rep scallops are too close to the top edge to mod same as gen.

Last edited:
Reactions: Complete