• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

GeneH

You're Saying I Can Sell?
13/9/16
Belgium
Hijacking this topic but is this a gen or fake pepsi?

2e9c7136c83d8dd3f14d646d99041c7c.jpg

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
It looks gen from the one small low res picture. I date it between 1999-2001 with that dial. But why ask in a replica thread? It's a 5 digit, not even the same watch..

EDIT; Dial says it's a 'GMT Master' not a 'GMT Master II'. The 'GMT Master II' was introduced in the early '80s.. but the 'GMT Master' (not II) was sold alongside it and discontinued in 1999. You have a 'SWISS' only dial.. which was around 1999-2001 during the change from Tritium (SWISS T<25) to Luminova (SWISS MADE).

That must be quite a rare thing if it's genuine. Last of the GMT Masters on a Luminova (SWISS) dial. I'd image all the ones before had a T<25 dial. That would make this one a very short run.

Last edited:
Reactions: tlander13

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Hi all, appreciate this is the Pepsi section. But just received my QC pictures (accepted) for my Batgirl. I'll post picture below purely for reference, although I am very impressed.

To the reason why I'm posting here. Does anyone have any spare links for their Pepsi Jubilee that I could buy? It's quite a small bracelet so I'm trying to find several people that I could buy 1 link from. I need a total of 3, perhaps 4. Please see my thread below. Thank you <3
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ory-blro-batman-girl-jubilee-link-please-halp

irinakova

20/7/20
Hi all, appreciate this is the Pepsi section. But just received my QC pictures (accepted) for my Batgirl. I'll post picture below purely for reference, although I am very impressed.

To the reason why I'm posting here. Does anyone have any spare links for their Pepsi Jubilee that I could buy? It's quite a small bracelet so I'm trying to find several people that I could buy 1 link from. I need a total of 3, perhaps 4. Please see my thread below. Thank you <3
https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...ory-blro-batman-girl-jubilee-link-please-halp

When did you order this? I heard there was a big wait for this..

Neon

23/10/12
🇺🇸
No. All of them will look like this at a certain angle.

Got my CF BLRO. Better than I expected in a bunch of ways. Bezel lip looks good. Was worried about an 18 speed bump but trying all angles and can’t see it at all.

Unfortunately, insert color is way too dark for my liking so far. Maybe accurate for an mk3, but just personally prefer lighter/brighter. Have to figure out which factory’s insert I prefer and get to compare.

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
Got my CF BLRO. Better than I expected in a bunch of ways. Bezel lip looks good. Was worried about an 18 speed bump but trying all angles and can’t see it at all.

Unfortunately, insert color is way too dark for my liking so far. Maybe accurate for an mk3, but just personally prefer lighter/brighter. Have to figure out which factory’s insert I prefer and get to compare.

Appreciate if you can upload couple of shots, mate :thumbsup:

Dopegti

Horology Curious
25/5/13
Sorry intried reading through the lengthy thread but to no avail. What is that speed bump e eryone is talking about?

Dopegti

Horology Curious
25/5/13
Sorry i tried reading through the lengthy thread but to no avail. What is that speed bump e eryone is talking about?

Tiltbox

16/6/21
The colors of the ceramic pepsi bezel will never be accurate in a rep v Gen. Especially in sunlight due to UV light. The genuine is made of one solid piece of the red/ruby color ceramic first. And then the blue is blended on top of the red. So it’s one solid piece. The red will always be visible in UV light (hence the dark purple color in sunlight) blue+red = purple. The reps will always be blue/red in all lighting which is just not close to Gen. But it can get close enough where people don’t care obviously. Just pointing out for people hoping/holding out for the most likely impossible insert to come along.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
The colors of the ceramic pepsi bezel will never be accurate in a rep v Gen. Especially in sunlight due to UV light. The genuine is made of one solid piece of the red/ruby color ceramic first. And then the blue is blended on top of the red. So it’s one solid piece. The red will always be visible in UV light (hence the dark purple color in sunlight) blue+red = purple. The reps will always be blue/red in all lighting which is just not close to Gen. But it can get close enough where people don’t care obviously. Just pointing out for people hoping/holding out for the most likely impossible insert to come along.

‘Never’ and ‘always’ are both a very long time. Rolex are not some kind of technological nirvana - there are no processes which will remain exclusive to them, and certainly nothing ‘impossible’. Rado for example, are far better at working with novel materials than Rolex. It is a case of when, not if other brands, and then the factories in China catch up on the bezel.

But yeah, for now the inserts are not good, I’m not wowed by this release.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
I guess the factories will make models that sell, especially with the major 'brands' (Rolex, AP, PP) and as we have seen through the years, they have a habit of making incremental 'improvements' to keep us on tenterhooks.

For now, I am optimistically holding out my wish that the next GMT iteration, whether it's by Clean or other factories, will get my wallet shaking again.

Have a good weekend, mateys! ;)

Reactions: Fervid

Foxxfire

FoX, the Patron
20/1/17
EU / CH
To my mind we won't see any dramatically improvements before CNY 2022. The "factories" are gathering available old stock parts left from raided factories and combining them together (so called mosaic watches)

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
To my mind we won't see any dramatically improvements before CNY 2022. The "factories" are gathering available old stock parts left from raided factories and combining them together (so called mosaic watches)

Pretty much this. The Rolex scene hasn't looked so bad since I've been a member here, and VSF's demise has hit the Omega and Pam sections just as hard. Bad times.

Reactions: Uhr70 and Pene75