• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
The cf Pepsi bezel construction is kind of ugly.... Click spring bent, tons of grease all over (why ?!) Crystal retaining ring not as nice as other factories iv seen.

Maybe it's just this one i received but it's wasn't fun to work on especially because my whole bench was covered in that damn grease....

Nikz19

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Certified
24/4/18
Italy
The cf Pepsi bezel construction is kind of ugly.... Click spring bent, tons of grease all over (why ?!) Crystal retaining ring not as nice as other factories iv seen.

Maybe it's just this one i received but it's wasn't fun to work on especially because my whole bench was covered in that damn grease....

So it appears to be normality on those. I worked on 3 of them already and every single one of them was full of (vaseline? lol) under the bezel.

kennygconspiracy

I'm Pretty Popular
21/4/19
So it appears to be normality on those. I worked on 3 of them already and every single one of them was full of (vaseline? lol) under the bezel.
Can confirm on my end as well. Although a while back when I had my ARF 116710LN with an absolutely horribly gritty bezel action, I took the bezel out and put a few micro drops of grease, which helped the action immensely.

I can see why CF would do it

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

Oascom

Watchmaker / Modder
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
19/1/16
WWW.WATCHMAKERUSA.COM
Can confirm on my end as well. Although a while back when I had my ARF 116710LN with an absolutely horribly gritty bezel action, I took the bezel out and put a few micro drops of grease, which helped the action immensely.

Few drops is fine, dipping whole watch in Vaseline jar is not :giggle:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18

It's been reported that the bezel tension ring (flat washer that goes under the 3 pin click ring) has an inside diameter too small and it grinds against the retaining ring during rotation. So a bunch of grease was their solution. As thin and weak as those washers are made, they really aren't even needed. I have more than one GMT on which I just removed them. Some don't even come with one.

Jackson.

Horology Curious
20/9/20
Just thought I’d say I have very recently received my QC photos of my BLRO and it appears to have the correct length hands and a lip around the bezel.

I will send clearer pics once I have received the watch, which is on route.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Just thought I’d say I have very recently received my QC photos of my BLRO and it appears to have the correct length hands and a lip around the bezel.

Not on a CF

Pics or it didn't happen.

Reactions: cpd2186

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.

check it again..............................

Jackson.

Horology Curious
20/9/20
New Clean QC pic:

the hands look longer and appreciate camera angles etc but compared to a previous QC pic (below) of the same angle and lighting it looks like a lip is more apparent?

Previous Clean QC Pic:

Dacrazyshot

Horology Curious
9/7/19
New Clean QC pic:

the hands look longer and appreciate camera angles etc but compared to a previous QC pic (below) of the same angle and lighting it looks like a lip is more apparent?

Previous Clean QC Pic:

Can I ask what TD you got this from and how long the process took? looking at Jtime right now.

peter4ptv

14/5/20
L. A.
New Clean QC pic:

Previous Clean QC Pic:

thanks for the photos, the size of the hand is definitely different from previous version i don't know about the lip is it just a light or actually have something like small lip.

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Looks encouraging. If it's confirmed IRL, my wallet is about to take another hit ;)

rockdaytona

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
17/12/19
Parts Unknown
New Clean QC pic:

Previous Clean QC Pic:

Who is the TD? Convinced me to buy