• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

dont watch me

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/5/21
UK
After you sand your bezel and clean off all the debris, make sure you carefully remove your bezel gasket (hytrel ring) from your crystal retaining ring.

Observe and maintain its orientation top to bottom and insert it into the bezel groove so it will keep that orientation when you press the bezel back onto the crystal retaining ring. Do not try to put the bezel back onto the watch without doing this step first.

Zb4THX.jpg

Your a life saver. Thanks for that. I'm a absolute newbie to this so I wouldn't even know what you was on about if it wasn't for your pic with the names of all the parts. but now I understand. I was literally going to just push the bezel back on with the bezel gasket on the case. But luckily you've explained. Thanks again mate.

Last edited:
Reactions: KJ2020

themannier

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/13
FRANCE
Great review and really nice result!
Thanks for sharing
What glue did you used and have any advice how to get the best alignement?

Sent from the RWI App

Thanks mate !
I use a mix of epoxy glue see picture below, and for the alignement nothing special, install the bezel without the insert, and after that just align the triangle of the insert with the triangle of the dial at 12 o’clock !

Reactions: Hussain1986

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
Thanks mate !
I use a mix of epoxy glue see picture below, and for the alignement nothing special, install the bezel without the insert, and after that just align the triangle of the insert with the triangle of the dial at 12 o’clock !

This is the best way as double sided tape will leave the insert sitting too high in the bezel like CF factory spec whereas it should sit below the lip as per Rolex specs.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: themannier

Amguy1

Known Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
25/9/18
Seen this on Instagram. Dealers checking watches for authenticity with black light/uv
b31d49276b08e44b2a44d1d4b184c7e0.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
No need for that, they just need to look at the SEL’s, none have them right yet. Cool trick though.

Brandonlowsk

You're Saying I Can Sell?
26/7/20
Singapore
Here some pictures of the GEN vs REP.

IMO, when the REP is on the wrist it feels sturdy, does a great job and is actually difficult to tell apart.

However, next to the GEN the insert, the lugs and other details are falling short.

The key with this insert is the lighting and under some conditions they look very similar.

Pardon my poor skills when taking pictures!

FC14D2AB-CFFB-463E-B51F-CA60152971758d5281cc149260e2.jpg

GEN left, CF right

0651E324-5B22-4718-8163-45B46A2557722603ba47d40f6f38.jpg

CF left, GEN right

7006B824-62F2-41F4-A776-3E3593D9207A9f23ac7f219ff6d0.jpg

CF left, GEN right

0265C9A8-8E4D-4E21-8060-537F81CB40A6e026d0c21fddfa02.jpg

GEN left, CF right

D0CE90D9-6926-4846-936E-0D581C9F46457bc022a9c82717ac.jpg

CF left, GEN right

is that clean factory pepsi’s crystal stock? Looks great for a stock crystal if it’s stock

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
is that clean factory pepsi’s crystal stock? Looks great for a stock crystal if it’s stock

Sharp eye ;-) the crystal is gen on the CF.

Btw, I had to change the 3 pin click ring and hyrtel ring for GEN ones in order to refit the bezel!

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20

Btw, I had to change the 3 pin click ring and hyrtel ring for GEN ones in order to refit the bezel!

Ah, that explains why the gasket is not so prominent. Was is just a crystal or was the gasket changed too?

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20

The whole CF bezel assembly is not well machined in my opinion. They have used a lot of grease to make sure it rotates well. My bezel washer internal diameter is too small and doesn’t fit over the crystal retainer so doesn’t currently turn. Glad to know a gen bezel ring fits the CF bezel! I’ll get one as it may not survive another removal.

tanith

Renowned Member
Certified
17/8/18
The whole CF bezel assembly is not well machined in my opinion. They have used a lot of grease to make sure it rotates well. My bezel washer internal diameter is too small and doesn’t fit over the crystal retainer so doesn’t currently turn. Glad to know a gen bezel ring fits the CF bezel! I’ll get one as it may not survive another removal.

oh, the stuff under the bezel is grease??
my bezel is quite stiff to turn but strangely enough also makes mushy noises from time to time

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18

Gen bezel ring = 3 pin click ring?

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17

I agree - I had to clean the grease and I got some on the insert which was pain to remove. Try sourcing also a hyrtel ring as the combination of the two solved my problem :)

Last edited:

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
I agree - I had to clean the grease and I got some on the insert which was pain to remove. Try sourcing also a hyrtel ring as the combination of the two solved my problem :)

Sorry I actually meant the hytrel ring. I’ll get a gen one, I have a source for those. I’ll also try and get a gen 3 pin click spring or whatever it’s actual name is lol! I’m going to enlarge the inside diameter of the flat metal washer so it fits over the retainer too. Cf had pressed it underneath the crystal retainer on mine and then filled it with silicon grease to help it all work. They are a lazy factory!!