• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17
So i been trying to do research on Chinese websites regarding the two different inserts and found a guy that was talking exactlyabout that and he shared some pictures of two clean that he claims have different inserts. Still kinda hard cuz of lighting but i do feel like one look more brownish than the other one.

Both wrong!
I don't see any cherry red..... and the blue is out.

Unknownwatchmaker

Renowned Member
Certified
27/11/15
Boston, MA
Anyone else having issues purchasing this? I contacted Toro yesterday about his availability of the CF BLROs, and he said that he could not get them. I am unsure if that means that he can not get one, or if these BLROs are unavailable in general.

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Anyone else having issues purchasing this? I contacted Toro yesterday about his availability of the CF BLROs, and he said that he could not get them. I am unsure if that means that he can not get one, or if these BLROs are unavailable in general.

CF works in questionable ways... minimum orders etc. From a TD I know well, he told me he needed to place an order of 10 or more CF Pepsi's to get them. This was about a month ago, so it might have changed. But it might still be minimum orders that some TD's dont want to deal with.

Unknownwatchmaker

Renowned Member
Certified
27/11/15
Boston, MA
F works in questionable ways... minimum orders etc. From a TD I know well, he told me he needed to place an order of 10 or more CF Pepsi's to get them. This was about a month ago, so it might have changed. But it might still be minimum orders that some TD's dont want to deal with.

Thanks for the quick and informative reply.

This is unfortunate -- I have only gone through Toro for years because he lets me use PayPal. If anyone else is putting in an order (and is willing to let me add on a watch) or knows of availability elsewhere, please PM me.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks for the quick and informative reply.

This is unfortunate -- I have only gone through Toro for years because he lets me use PayPal. If anyone else is putting in an order (and is willing to let me add on a watch) or knows of availability elsewhere, please PM me.

Check with Li at Jtimewatch

Reactions: Unknownwatchmaker

Sonofalich

James
Patron
Certified
10/6/19
United Kingdom
Can't satisfy everyone, there's still going to be those who bash it and contribute nothing positive to the thread.

Don't say that... you've summoned them now. 3-2-1...

c06c8e2a-4773-489d-9ffd-10c8d3238711-beetlejuice.jpg

Replisimio

I'm Pretty Popular
3/12/20
Gods own country! Yorkshire.
So I tried to work on the bezel to get the small lip and here is the result…not bad I think !
Be very careful when removing the insert it is so thin and this thing could brake easily. Do it very slowly with a thin cutter blade, the insert is attached with a double side tape.

That looks exceptional buddy. The best I’ve seen and very close to gen! Wish mine was that good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
I think one of the hard part is to polish up the lip after sanding. What kind of buffing wheel did you use? Since the scallops are brushed finish, it is important not to let the polishing wax touch them.

oberblender

Certified
20/4/08

He told me 6 weeks ago that he‘d get one for me in 1-2 weeks… ;) Now CF seems to be in holidays. No idea when I will finally get one… however with the long wait I might get a new improved batch in the end…

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I think one of the hard part is to polish up the lip after sanding. What kind of buffing wheel did you use? Since the scallops are brushed finish, it is important not to let the polishing wax touch them.

I’d use increasingly finer grit papers up to 2500 then finish with a Cape Cod cloth.

themannier

I'm Pretty Popular
12/3/13
FRANCE
Here is a short explanation on how I did the lip with my poor English :eek::

1) Remove the bezel… you can use a good knife with a good blade( french Laguiole knife :thumbsup:) but protect the lug with some tape. I use the yellow watch protective tape, thin and resistant !
I put my knife blade into a small plastic bag to increase the protection of the bezel from scratches.
The bezel on the CF Pepsi is very easy to remove, you don’t need too much force. Once removed, you will see that the bezel retaining gasket is qualitative and strong, good thing !

2) Remove the ceramic insert… this insert is one of the thinnest I have seen !!! Bear in mind that you will have to take you time and to be very careful if you don’t want to cry :p TAKE THE TIME YOU NEED TO DO THAT !!! Use a thin cutter blade or a scalpel.
Just gently push the tip of the blade just below the insert, so you will work between the bezel and the insert.
The insert is fitted with a strong 3M double side tape.
The goal will be to gradually penetrate under the insert while turning ... slowly, you will see the insert rise and thus you can start to cut the tape ... if it should take you half an hour, it is ok ! Imagine the drama if you break the insert!

3) Sand the bezel to create the lip. At least I think it is the easiest part of the whole process. Unfortunately I could go only until a 2500 sandpaper…so I started with the 2000, then 2500. It’s enough in my case. Put the bezel upside down on a very flat surface and on a very flat sandpaper (new)
Start to rotate the bezel on the paper then to the left then to the right, in all possible directions so that the material removal is as uniform as possible. Position your fingers well on the bezel also so that the pressure exerted is the best balanced. Do the same with the 2500 paper until you have a homogeneous and smooth surface. It's good, now we have to give the shine. In my case, I used a Dremel with Dialux gray polishing paste. I only did a very light polishing so as not to round off the edges of the lip too much. Finally a little touch with Capcode and that's it!

4) Reinstall the bezel. Put the white gasket into the bezel groove, then the bezel washer with the 3 pins into the small hole of the bezel, very easy ! Just put the watch on the table, and press the bezel by hands with the good pressure it’s a very easy job again.

5) Reinstall the insert.
I did not used again the brand new 3M double-sided tape i had left because it adds more thickness and the bezel is lower now ;-). I used a very strong two-component glue that I applied in small drops with a toothpick on the bezel. I then put the insert back in, aligning it properly ... the insert was not aligned at all from the maker ! Drying time between 1 hour and 2 hours, and I can now appreciate this pretty watch. Thanks for reading and I hope it helped dear members !

Last edited: