• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

CF Pepsi picture leaks BLRO

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
Does the GMT and Submariner models uses the same gen crystal?

No per say, any 40mm xtal will fit 40mm watch.
Submariner xtal reference part: b25-295-c12-c1
Gmt II: b25-295-car-c1

Car the xtal edge is shaped different from a subraminer xtal. Car xtal show the reflection of the minute ticks in the very edge of the crystal.

jcher

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
1/8/17
I'll post some side by side pictures very soon

8107FC1B-59C4-4F1D-9A0F-EF4C38F27759cad87ea0ac2cbe6c.jpg

Reactions: wNe and KJ2020

MikeMeezy77

That’s not 904L…
10/7/20
Michigan
mnkoshka looks good my friend! Can you remember how much material you machined off of the top of the bezel near the insert? Also, how did you go about machining the scallops?

Last edited:

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Thanks mate,
I’m not 100% how much, I pretty much did the lip by eye. The relief angle ( taper from bottom of bezel to scallops ) was about 0.125 but on an angle that wouldn’t reduce the circumference at the bottom edge or the overall radius where the surface meets the bottom of the scallops. Overall not much removed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: MikeMeezy77

MikeMeezy77

That’s not 904L…
10/7/20
Michigan
Thanks mate,
I’m not 100% how much, I pretty much did the lip by eye. The relief angle ( taper from bottom of bezel to scallops ) was about 0.125 but on an angle that wouldn’t reduce the circumference at the bottom edge or the overall radius where the surface meets the bottom of the scallops. Overall not much removed

You’re a manual machining wizard! You said you made the scallops deeper, was wondering how you actually did that…you nailed it.

Reactions: mnkoshka

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20
Just a few photos of some mods I’ve done on the Pepsi. Love the watch and obviously if the new insert becomes available at some point I’ll throw that on but it looks great for now.

new crystal I made using a prof cyclops on an old gen
lugs slimmed slightly.
bracelet SELS slightly pressed to drop them
to lug high ( not protruding )
bezel fully machined to gen spec. Including deeper scallops, bottom relief angle brought up to the bottom of the scallops in line with the top of the crown level. Lip machined and enough to create an internal edge to press fit the insert.

the insert surprisingly is not bad, the transition Finish isn’t even noticeable to the human eye… pretty much only caught in photos.
ps- please dont pm me asking for mods I’m not a vendor lol. Plus the bezel took bloody hours to set up for machining.

Stunning results! What machine/tools did you use to machine the bezel?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Just a few photos of some mods I’ve done on the Pepsi.

B82-B6106-4-D52-4-E2-C-B1-F6-DFFF100-EB8-CB.jpg

Bro your metal working skills are awesome. The scallops look great. The only thing that looks different on the gen in this pic is the steeper downward slope of the teeth. Is that true or does the pic just make it look that way?

j2TdAX.jpg

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Thanks mate,

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
Bro your metal working skills are awesome. The scallops look great. The only thing that looks different on the gen in this pic is the steeper downward slope of the teeth. Is that true or does the pic just make it look that way?

j2TdAX.jpg

Thanks buddy, the downward slope looks different on almost every angle unfortunately it’s hard to get right. I modelled this of a gen that I measured a little while ago. This also differentiates the BLRO bezel from others and make the scallops look slightly smaller directly from the top view. I machined this angle also which reduces the scallops top end depths which allowed me to get a bigger lip without the lip edge touching them. These are pretty much the genuine differences with BLRO and BLNR and so on. The overall bezel dimensions are the same just slightly different angles to compensate for the smaller BLRO insert

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks buddy, the downward slope looks different on almost every angle unfortunately it’s hard to get right. I modelled this of a gen that I measured a little while ago. This also differentiates the BLRO bezel from others and make the scallops look slightly smaller directly from the top view. I machined this angle also which reduces the scallops top end depths which allowed me to get a bigger lip without the lip edge touching them. These are pretty much the genuine differences with BLRO and BLNR and so on. The overall bezel dimensions are the same just slightly different angles to compensate for the smaller BLRO insert

Understood, great explanation. You really know how to maximize a mod working against a razor thin margin of error! Respect bro.

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09
You’re a manual machining wizard! You said you made the scallops deeper, was wondering how you actually did that…you nailed it.

It was pretty time consuming to be honest lol. I used a Bridgeport milling machine and an indexing head. Dies and tool holders custom made for the job

mnkoshka

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/12/09

It was pretty time consuming to be honest lol. I used a Bridgeport milling machine and an indexing head. Dies and tool holders custom made for the job

Reactions: GrandmasterChime

butler182

Renowned Member
14/12/20

Wish I had a Bridgeport milling machine...although it looks expensive and complicated. Mad skills bro!

Jayalvin777

I'm Pretty Popular
17/9/20
🇦🇹
So i been trying to do research on Chinese websites regarding the two different inserts and found a guy that was talking exactlyabout that and he shared some pictures of two clean that he claims have different inserts. Still kinda hard cuz of lighting but i do feel like one look more brownish than the other one.

Reactions: Solaris58