AFR Milgauss Sapphir gasket stuck ???

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AFR Milgauss Sapphir gasket stuck ???

Hello everyone, i've try to mod my arf milgauss with a green aliexpress sapphir, everything went fine until pressing of the new glass
    it appears that the genuine arg gasket is stuck between the rolex internal insert (rolex+serial number engraved by laser), i've tried with thin tool, or boiling it into water to make it more extractable, and it was not succesful ...

any idea to remove it ? i will post pics soon.

(because i did'nt use the bezel pressing method by the way, and try to re-use the stucked gasket instead of the new provided)

i will post pics of the stuck and now damaged gasket tomorrow

Comment

ok so i took a scalpel and try to remove a 2nd bezel like other rolex type on youtube tutorial and it was that , very tight, almost invisible ...

the green gasket is too stiff, i will try to soften it with hot water, i have to get a new saphir now :d

Comment

So , iv'e bought another crystal, received two from aliexpress

the thing is : i dont believe that it is easy to change the crystal for an aftermarket one (maybe the original is ok)
        the green gasket is bigger , i had to boil the gasket bezel and put the case with the crystal and gasket on, to the freezer
        then my chinese crystal press was to cheap to apply a good amount of pressure so i used my grandpa vice
        i know i am a butcher but only the result count
        fixed is fixed

will do better pics later

Comment

So , iv'e bought another crystal, received two from aliexpress

the thing is : i dont believe that it is easy to change the crystal for an aftermarket one (maybe the original is ok)
          the green gasket is bigger , i had to boil the gasket bezel and put the case with the crystal and gasket on, to the freezer
          then my chinese crystal press was to cheap to apply a good amount of pressure so i used my grandpa vice
          i know i am a butcher but only the result count
          fixed is fixed

will do better pics later

Comment

Comment

You seem to have used the power of Hulk, but no matter how you pulled through and can now enjoy your watch. I'm glad for you, well wear Sir!

Thanks for the pics. I am also still learning and have struggled with a stubborn, pesky gasket and crystal myself.
              WTB in EU: IWC Pilot Top Gun, Rolex Sky Dweller, AP 15500

'Yesterday is history, tomorrow is a mystery, today is a gift of God, which is why we call it the present.'
              Bill Keane

Comment

Working...
              X