• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A dealers inside view of VS and Clean factory subs - well worth watching.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
Top / orthographic of the crown guard is still
too straight. Doesn’t have the right hollowed out shape.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

OverAfton

Patron
Certified
Oh well, I yesterday received this Clean Sub from Andrewtrustytime
I'm sad to think that the quality isn't what I paid for, if I understand correctly. I guess it is not Andrew's fault.
Anyway, my brother will be very, very happy with it, which is the point of my getting for him.

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
^the latest ones don’t look like that. That is horrible

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

R0L3X

13/1/13
I don't think ZZFv3 and Clean are the same. The price difference is 50 usd cheaper for the Clean.

And why would it be bad to rebrand v2 stock and sell it as Clean? At least they didn't sell v2 stock as v3.

Not sure what's the scandal about?

I just ordered ZZFv3, can post some QC? Let me know

Last edited:

pixel_junkie

Renowned Member
28/1/12
Conus
I don't think ZZFv3 and Clean are the same. The price difference is 50 usd cheaper for the Clean.

And why would it be bad to rebrand v2 stock and sell it as Clean? At least they didn't sell v2 stock as v3.

Not sure what's the scandal about?

I just ordered ZZFv3, can post some QC? Let me know

Misleading misrepresentation, pretending to sell improved item when its not. It is exactly the same as selling v2 as v3. They just called it “clean” instead of v3

R0L3X

13/1/13
Misleading misrepresentation, pretending to sell improved item when its not. It is exactly the same as selling v2 as v3. They just called it “clean” instead of v3

Lets be honest man. Eventually these reps consist of x number of parts that are made across different factories and assembled somewhere else.

They end up with a batch of v2 units, thousands of pieces that have become obsolete because the market [the people, we] demands a v3 with improved this and that. What are they supposed to do? Clear v2 stock first while competition is ahead, or proceed with v3 and sell v2 branded either v2 or Clean? Whereas clean is the Skoda and ZZF is volkswagen. You get my point?

V3 is the best at the moment and Clean is just a tad cheaper and 1 version behind.

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Clean being one version behind doesn't even make sense to me. Is it not billed to be the next upgrade? Why is ZZF the top dog still? Does Li's post here announcing the rebrand not showcase upgrades from before? Why the fuck is it one step behind?

1q2w3e

Looking Around
20/12/21
It's really good!

I will post an in-depth review this weekend, but i can already say that it has a lot of positive aspects.
Bezel, insert, etc - all very good. Bracelet felt a bit light first, but after a vaseline-treatment it has vastly improved.
Look and feel overall is top notch, imho.

Have you posted your review? If so, where can it be found?

Fisherman1980

Renowned Member
DO NOT TRADE WITH ME
Certified
18/9/21
I think we all forget these are all still fake watches. Theres always a motive to maximize profits luckily we have this community to keep them "honest" at least for our TD in some ways