• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A dealers inside view of VS and Clean factory subs - well worth watching.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Thank you very much for this.
Another reason not to trust the dog from ZZ / ZZF / Clean after the 316L lies scandal.
Son of a bitch (if that's true)

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
So.. to summarise. I interpret it this way..

.ZZF remarketed excess V2S stock as Clean and sold it much cheaper than the ZZFV3.
.Clean buyers were getting a ZZFV2S.
.Clean sold out of V2S due to the low price.
.Clean now ship ZZFV3 badged as Clean
.ZZFV3 and Clean is exact same identical watch, one is expensive the other is cheap but its the exact same item.

..I only watched about 8mins of it so there is probably more.

Last edited:

Tschacko

Supporter
1/8/18
So in theory Clean should be always cheaper than ZZF but when I compare prices they are the same.

Reactions: vcappp

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
.ZZFV3 and Clean is exact same identical watch, one is expensive the other is cheap but its the exact same item.

This is the part that I don't understand; they are both priced the same on TD websites

I think an interesting way to gauge how true this is, is to see if the ZZF V3 models get the new updated crownguards as well

Last edited:
Reactions: vcappp

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Think about the Junior Versions from ZZF that are about 268 USD - i bet thay where the V2 before all world knew about the fact that they sold 316L Steel watches as 904L watches.

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
CLEAN/ZZF is the most shady factory in reptime history.. atleast after the subgame.
The newest batches now is very good indeed, but they used older parts before (smart but LOL)

CLEAN not giving other factories V4 inserts for their hulk??_?? Seem like they only got V3's..
wth.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Itto what is your general opinion on the overall quality of the watch?

It's really good!

I will post an in-depth review this weekend, but i can already say that it has a lot of positive aspects.
Bezel, insert, etc - all very good. Bracelet felt a bit light first, but after a vaseline-treatment it has vastly improved.
Look and feel overall is top notch, imho.

Reactions: Duckber

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
CG profile still not quite there. Why update it and still not get it right(?). :jeff:

c_hall100

El Presidente
Gold Patron
Certified
14/2/20
UK
I’m surprised that any of you would have thought it was any different lol

Reactions: BOSSK