• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF/Clean bezel insert sputter coated?

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I soaked a broken VSF 126610 bezel in acetone for 30 minutes to test the silver coloring in the ceramic insert engravings. Nothing happened when I wiped it with a qtip. To my knowledge acetone softens any paint there is, and it had NO affect on it whatsoever. It looks identical to my gen insert, and if it's platinum sputter coated, then its silvery color should never change like a paint filled insert can.

Reactions: m5smg2 and Dirkjon

repreg123

7/8/19
Can confirm that the new VSF insert looks like the sputter coated ones I got from ussdassein ... Maybe some TD can inquire @CF

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Makes you wonder why posts are recently popping up why their CF and VSF bezels are fading.

VaderTime

9/10/17
I have a broken VSF 116610LV insert that I can test on. The insert is a Clean V3-11, broke it when it was new =( but I got a V4 now =)

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
I soaked a broken VSF 126610 bezel in acetone for 30 minutes to test the silver coloring in the ceramic insert engravings. Nothing happened when I wiped it with a qtip. To my knowledge acetone softens any paint there is, and it had NO affect on it whatsoever. It looks identical to my gen insert, and if it's platinum sputter coated, then its silvery color should never change like a paint filled insert can.

hahaha!! another attestation to the legend that VSF is!! I'm sure VSF made some boomers in Rolex Geneva shit tonnes of bricks

Last edited:

ussdassein

USD Plating
Supporting Vendor
19/2/16
Can confirm that the new VSF insert looks like the sputter coated ones I got from ussdassein ... Maybe some TD can inquire @CF

Yes with my old plating they Look nearly the Same but the new clean Looks hard to describe

Little Bit dead

You have to see this with the naked eye after plating v4 it have Life in it glow Sparkling

What i say you have to see it with the naked eye it IS Impossible to Show it in Pics or a Video

I think Gen owner can confirm this too

Last edited:

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16

Here are some comparison pics of vsf rep vs gen. They are very, very close. The rep might be slightly darker but it's not something I can notice in-hand. Next to each other on the table they are about identical.

Reactions: Jayalvin777

ussdassein

USD Plating
Supporting Vendor
19/2/16
OK thank you i mean more in sunlight and in Motion so the Numbers Look bigger too

And yes they are very good this days what i mean are the Last few percent to BE great

Hope you understand what i will mean and say

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
Not a 126610, but a 116610 my four month old lnsert looks just like it did when new.
I do use a bit of dish soap and a soft toothbrush on it once a week.
Could the fading inserts be suffering some type of oxidation that some cleaning might help?

Distortion

Horology Curious
10/3/19
What is that?

There are some people on here you can send your watch to that take a platinum colored paint and paint the bezel markings more gen like. Then it gets baked onto the bezel and it will never fade. Something along those lines.

Spiral_Cabbage

12/2/18
Conus
There are some people on here you can send your watch to that take a platinum colored paint and paint the bezel markings more gen like. Then it gets baked onto the bezel and it will never fade. Something along those lines.

News to me. Hope that it works.