• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

What upgrades should i make upgrades if i buy ARF datejust 41 blue dial

esenturk

Horology Curious
7/6/21
Hey friends.

I am a newbie at this forum. So i have read many topics about starting. But i want know that, which upgrades i should do for make it close to look official datejust (crystal, cyclop, bracelet, or movement). or make it better than standart. I am thinking of buy ARF datejust 41 flutted bezel with jubilee bracelet. And where can i make this upgrades. For example is there any person that "this man doing all upgrades and he is selling your wanted watch. "

Thank you

Reactions: nani89

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
For example is there any person that "this man doing all upgrades and he is selling your wanted watch."

Nope.

If you want upgraded parts installed, then you'll need to source the parts and sent them and the watch to a modder to do the work for you.

Generally the quality of recent reps is so good that swapping parts is only worth doing if you want to Franken the watch and install genuine Rolex parts. So the extent to which you mod a rep watch, and whether to do so at all, is down to your own personal judgement. It would probably be best if you bought the watch, assess how good it looks on your wrist, and then decide whether you think any parts of it would benefit from being upgraded to genuine. That way, you'll save yourself a lot of time, effort and money when you discover it looks excellent without any changes at all.

architekt

27/1/19
Austria
Considering you've described yourself as a beginner I'd also say you'll be happy with the ARF DJ41 as it its still one of my personal favorites.
Like p0pperini said you maybe should first see if you like the watch how it is straight OOTB.

If you still want to upgrade/franken afterwards my recommendations would be the following sorted from most needed to least:
  1. Gen Datewheel (~150$ for a new gen DW + Costs for making a DWO from it since its not a straight fit on the movement)
  2. Gen Crystal (~270-450$ depending on condition)
  3. Gen ETA instead of the china clone (~100-200$ depending on the source)
  4. White-Gold plating of the fluted Bezel (~50-100$ depending on who does the job)
  5. Gen Dial (can be hella expensive and I personally don't see that much of an upgrade due to it, the ARF Dial is lit)
  6. Gen Hands (absolutely shitty job as they won't fit on the ETA and have to be modified - unneeded in my opinion)

nani89

Horology Curious
6/11/18
Hey bro, in my opinion the only worth change is to replace the ARF bezel to gen white gold rolex bezel, it gives you a lot more shiny and smooth look of the watch.

Reactions: kavorca1

architekt

27/1/19
Austria
Hey bro, in my opinion the only worth change is to replace the ARF bezel to gen white gold rolex bezel, it gives you a lot more shiny and smooth look of the watch.

Still it often costs way over 1000$.
White-Gold plating a ARF/VSF Bezel is the way to go in my opinion.

Tonash88

You're Saying I Can Sell?
12/1/20
Hey friends.

I am a newbie at this forum. So i have read many topics about starting. But i want know that, which upgrades i should do for make it close to look official datejust (crystal, cyclop, bracelet, or movement). or make it better than standart. I am thinking of buy ARF datejust 41 flutted bezel with jubilee bracelet. And where can i make this upgrades. For example is there any person that "this man doing all upgrades and he is selling your wanted watch. "

Thank you

I always say this to all my friends who wanna buy rep watches - it’s not perfect , this is a must known fact.

Next , you need to know that it’s possible to tell a rep watch if the person knows or happen to know where and what to look at , after all, it’s not identical to the genuine ones . Could be the logo , the spacing of wordings, the marker , the case , thickness . A simple search in this forum can make u an rep detecting expert for a particular model.

So once u r conditioned by such information, and if you can accept such information, you are ready to buy and wear a ootb rep and wear in good health.

Don’t superfranken it , it costs a lot of money so it defeats the purpose . I think 99 % of the time why people superFranken the reps it’s because of insecurities; friends or colleagues may find out, not because the rep is ugly looking . To solve this , either u r bold and confident enough to admit it and have a laugh when people ask u a question or just don’t wear ur rep when you are with them. Solve ur root cause.

Lastly, it’s even more dumb to Franken it . I tell u why. U wanna do sth to ur rep because it’s imperfect. You think you be happy when u spent more money only to know there’s still imperfection in your watch ? U will be equally unhappy after the Franken job .

Lastly, just want to end off by sharing my ootb arf 41mm datejust blue dial. I know what are the flaws. But once ur mind accepts them, your mind will only see a beautiful watch ☺️ .
df6cd63563a9f50c6c438ee5e89197a8.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: BOSSK

pistebasher

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
13/6/20
UK
Hey friends.

Thank you

The ARF Datejust is incredibly close to the real thing. A friend of mine has a gen slate DJ41 and wanted to borrow my blue one for a change. He had it for a week and didn't notice it wasn't the real deal for a second. We obsess about incredibly minor deviations on this forum and quite often these are as minor as batch deviations between different production runs of gen watch. Just enjoy it as it is.

thechoppiestgreens

2/4/18
I have one I’m trying to sell to fund another purchase, if you’re interested. I’ll give you a deal so that you save some money for mods. I haven’t listed it yet but if you’re interested, PM me and we can arrange a reserved sale.

Side note: I agree with those above—the watch is gorgeous out of the box. You’d be very happy with it as-is.

esenturk

Horology Curious
7/6/21
I have one I’m trying to sell to fund another purchase, if you’re interested. I’ll give you a deal so that you save some money for mods. I haven’t listed it yet but if you’re interested, PM me and we can arrange a reserved sale.

Side note: I agree with those above—the watch is gorgeous out of the box. You’d be very happy with it as-is.

Hey man. Pls send me pm

Tapatalk kullanarak iPhone aracılığıyla gönderildi

pt98765

9/4/20
UK
Upgraded mine with a gen Crystal and DW. Pretty satisfied that I have a near impeccable rep now.