• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Clean Factory 116613LB weighs like gen???/ Help almost got scammed!

KlendatuBug

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
2/6/21
Ok so today a friend of mine almost got scammed with one of this Clean factory 116613Lb watches. I eventually managed to identify the replica by clasp code and serial number. However, we put the watch on a scale and it showed 170 grams which is just 2 grams short of the genuine weight for this reference (172 grams with all links installed).

How are they increasing the weight of the replica to almost genuine values?

Obviously it is not real gold but as far as i know there are only 2 other options:

1 Lead: plausible but not healthy

2 Tungsten: possible but not very likely

Anyone with an idea around here?

Here are the pics, taken by my buddy so no room
for manipulation:

https://imgur.com/a/p70Yt0e

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Sounds like BS to me, the steel sub should be around 150 grams, the two tone ~170 grams.

a 20 grams difference is something difficult to perceive unless you have one in each hand.

Anyways, weight is the last of the things you need to check if you want to tell if a two tone watch is gen or not, the crystal is the main one, and even the dial and the color of the gold. You don't usually handle someone else's watch lol

Last edited:
Reactions: c_hall100

KlendatuBug

Banned
2/6/21
Lol what’s load of bollocks from another member that’s a few hours old - piss off knob jockey

Wait one second here. I registered to specifically ask this question. I swear that i am not trolling or have malignant intentions in any way.

This is what happened today. Guy turned up with a 116613LB i checked serial and clasp code which identified it as a CF watch (U9N5 Serial code suffix , 1LD clasp code). Also the rehaut engraving looked like the CF promo pictures. I’ve been authenticating watches for quite some time. I know how to tell if the watch is genuine and i swear to you that the fucking scale showed 170 grams. I wouldn’t waste my time one replica questions unless i just understand something. This is clearly the case.

c_hall100

El Presidente
Gold Patron
Certified
14/2/20
UK
Wait one second here. I registered to specifically ask this question. I swear that i am not trolling or have malignant intentions in any way.

This is what happened today. Guy turned up with a 116613LB i checked serial and clasp code which identified it as a CF watch (U9N5 Serial code suffix , 1LD clasp code). Also the rehaut engraving looked like the CF promo pictures. I’ve been authenticating watches for quite some time. I know how to tell if the watch is genuine and i swear to you that the fucking scale showed 170 grams. I wouldn’t waste my time one replica questions unless i just understand something. This is clearly the case.

Well you smell of POO POO !!!

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Wow my FG Hulk rep weighs like gen too, whoa! Must be the movement ring I fashioned out of Osmium.

https://millenarywatches.com/rolex-submariner-weight/

ZxMESF.jpg

KlendatuBug

Banned
2/6/21
Guys, i didn’t want to offend anyone with my questions. Yes i first asked that question on reddit where they advised me ask you guys…

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Guys, i didn’t want to offend anyone with my questions. Yes i first asked that question on reddit where they advised me ask you guys…

Weigh them both again properly. If they are the same, then you got 2 reps or 2 gens. Steel cannot weigh the same as gold and there is no jiggery pokery with lead or tungsten - the Chinese don’t care that much and it took Rado years to perfect working with tungsten.

Reactions: HomeRye and KJ2020

KlendatuBug

Banned
2/6/21
Weigh them both again properly. If they are the same, then you got 2 reps or 2 gens. Steel cannot weigh the same as gold and there is no jiggery pokery with lead or tungsten - the Chinese don’t care that much and it took Rado years to perfect working with tungsten.

I can’t weigh it again, i told the scammer to fuck off. He took the watch with him.

He didn’t even complain when he got called out.

I posted all pictures i made. There is nothing more. Obviously they show a CF 116613LB and obviously the scale shows 170 grams. I rechecked the scale and it is working properly.

Maybe the watch was some kind of high effort franken with gen links, gen bezel and gen crown. If you say that the CF 166613LB weighs around 155 grams then the scammer must have modified the watch in some way. I just wanted to find an explanation. I handle a lot of watches and i am not retarded. I know what I’ve seen.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Ok so today a friend of mine almost got scammed with one of this Clean factory 116613Lb watches. I eventually managed to identify the replica by clasp code and serial number. However, we put the watch on a scale and it showed 170 grams which is just 2 grams short of the genuine weight for this reference (172 grams with all links installed).

How are they increasing the weight of the replica to almost genuine values?

Obviously it is not real gold but as far as i know there are only 2 other options:

1 Lead: plausible but not healthy

2 Tungsten: possible but not very likely

Anyone with an idea around here?

Here are the pics, taken by my buddy so no room
for manipulation:

https://imgur.com/a/p70Yt0e

You are very stupid.....

Reactions: c_hall100

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Why is this thread attracting such a lot of abusive responses? Did I miss opening time? Is everyone else drunk again?

Anyway, I know why the 116613 weighed in near gen. It's because of the plastics that are still attached.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
If it's true then the scammer has found a way to add weight to a rep.

I read recently on this forum, someone knew how to add weight to add weight to a watch, it was in reference to a 116618 so it may be in that thread.. a guy was saying he would send it to this other guy who knew how to add weight. He was asked to elaborate but there was no more info added..

So there may be some weight to this story after all, no pun intended.

I think it needs further consideration.

Lastly @ the OP.. you should have been able to tell the CF watch from the crown guards alone. They are closer to GMT shape instead of Submariner shape on that watch.

c_hall100

El Presidente
Gold Patron
Certified
14/2/20
UK
Why is this thread attracting such a lot of abusive responses? Did I miss opening time? Is everyone else drunk again?

Anyway, I know why the 116613 weighed in near gen. It's because of the plastics that are still attached.

Hahahahahahahahaha

KlendatuBug

Banned
2/6/21
Yeah thanks for even more hospitality. That’s how you should treat all new members with a question. Quite frankly, i still don’t know why so many people around herr enjoy picking on me for not getting scammed.

I gave this some thoughts and as of now i think that the scammer interchanged parts from a gen 116613Lb and a CF. He installed the gen parts (bezel, links, upper clasp etc.) on the CF and tried selling it. At the same time he modified the Gen with CF parts. Maybe he even returned the modified gen watch to the grey dealer he initially bought it from. Again i know how these scammers operate around here. Just wanted to know if there is anything special with the CF bicolor sub in terms of weight.

KlendatuBug

Banned
2/6/21
That cheap ass protective plastic + the no box / no papers for a less than a year old watch + that low price were all blatant red flags.

Luckily you didn't buy it

As i tried to say before: ofc i didnt buy the watch. I don’t get scammed, ever.

The only thing which still bugs me is that weight thing. You know this scammer guy enters the room and the first thing i tell my buddy is to put it on a scale. It says 170 grams and i already tell my friend that it is real. I inspected the watch just for fun since i knew that supercase subs don’t get repped with real gold. Yes, In the 90ies and early 2000s there were real gold replicas from turkey but these „geneve“ shitters didn’t ever come close to the look of a gen day date.

Anyway i immediately realized that the watch was off. I checked serial and clasp code against my list and identified it as the cf. The weight is still a mystery.