• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Franken blusey (Finally)

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
Just over a year in the making I managed to pick up a gen dial for my franken blusey at last! Sent off to Rollie at rwg for the works and a full service.

Arf V3 base
gen dial
gen insert
gen xtal aftermarket dw
gen spiral and bridge
gen auto board

ZxZOB4.png

ZxZIUj.png

ZxZob1.jpg

ZxZmTv.png

ZxZYRI.jpg

ZxZ1Kc.jpg

ZxZ99X.jpg

Reactions: 7five7

sfbatman787

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
17/4/17
Sorry but the dial is not gen.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
Anyone else chime in on the authenticity of the dial?

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
The lume plots are too smooth, gen lume has a texture almost like snow. This is the first thing I noticed so I don't think it's gen either. What was your source for it?

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Anyone else chime in on the authenticity of the dial?

The font at the bottom is not spaced out well on "= to 300" on Gen is more spaced.

Also the tips of the C nearly touch on your dial officially part. It doesn't match the other C's... I'm not an expert on these dials but just something I noticed when comparing.

Reactions: stevier88

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Yea looking at a few more genuine pics it's not looking good. They all have the same C's and the space between = and 300 is too small. If you look at genuine the 3 starts right above R while yours starts at the H of "chronometer"

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
The lume plots are too smooth, gen lume has a texture almost like snow. This is the first thing I noticed so I don't think it's gen either. What was your source for it?

From a reputable seller on eBay, all good feedback with other gen parts with authentication etc. It was refurbed, not sure if this is where the doubt is but not looking good anyway! You live and you learn eh!

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
From a reputable seller on eBay, all good feedback with other gen parts with authentication etc. It was refurbed, not sure if this is where the doubt is but not looking good anyway! You live and you learn eh!

What's the eBay store? I bought hands from a reputable seller in Florida from eBay and I'm not a fan.

stevier88

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
16/12/19
U.K
What the hell is a 'refurbished' dial ?

It's fake.

It was a restored dial he picked up from a grey. The seller messaged me last night and stated that he sends all of his parts to his local Rolex dealer in Copenhagen (klarlund jewellery & watches) for an authenticity check before he sends them to be restored in Germany. He has offered a I’ll refund if I went to send it back.

peterpl

Put Some Respect On My Name
24/7/11
I dont think that dial is gen. It doesn't look right and the color is wrong. I dont know what "restored" means but still doesnt look correct

Here is my gen 116613LB. It doesnt look like that at all.

qrf.jpg

xxzz.jpg

xx2.jpg

Reactions: theREALgoat

Join3d

19/8/16
EU
It was a restored dial he picked up from a grey. The seller messaged me last night and stated that he sends all of his parts to his local Rolex dealer in Copenhagen (klarlund jewellery & watches) for an authenticity check before he sends them to be restored in Germany. He has offered a I’ll refund if I went to send it back.

In any case, a restored dial can't be considered gen.
To restore a dial you need to re-print it or re-color it.