• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

BP Miyota Dial or No?

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Hi all,

So... this dial is on my old VSF 2836. I have always called it a BP Miyota dial due to the short "f", but I'm not sure that is correct. I have only one (old) photo of it that is accessible right now, so I apologize for not having different views in different light. The "=" sign is not centered, not sure if that means it is NOT a Miyota dial.

How does this compare to the CF or ZZF dials from the standpoint of color and flare/sunburst? (i.e. not counting the markers, etc.)
Any thoughts?

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
I will add that the "=" spaced slightly towards the left is the same as what is seen on the photo of a gen dial uploaded by KJ2020 shown below:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I will add that the "=" spaced slightly towards the left is the same as what is seen on the photo of a gen dial uploaded by KJ2020 shown below:
Z093ZR.jpg

Still have mine, waiting for ZZF marker swap and then going in to my ZZF. Too many other projects keep butting in ahead of it!

Z78ZTS.jpg

The link below chronicles one of those butt-inski projects, I think you would find it interesting :cool:

The Hulktimate - GREEN goes GOLD!

Reactions: wisedennis

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hi all,

So... this dial is on my old VSF 2836. I have always called it a BP Miyota dial due to the short "f", but I'm not sure that is correct. I have only one (old) photo of it that is accessible right now, so I apologize for not having different views in different light. The "=" sign is not centered, not sure if that means it is NOT a Miyota dial.

How does this compare to the CF or ZZF dials from the standpoint of color and flare/sunburst? (i.e. not counting the markers, etc.)
Any thoughts?
Z01MbF.jpg

The early batches of VRF 2836 Hulk dials were from the same source as the BP Miyotas. The turning point for the VRF dials was when they switched to long ft no space m. So your dial face is very close to mine, the only differences are my dial has a larger diameter (which means I have to shave it down) and the feet positions are different but wrong on both dials for a 3135. There are also some minor font nuances, like the L serif in ROLEX, but the color and the sunburst should be quite similar. I've already clipped the feet on mine but unfortunately it's not next in line to get worked on, arghh. Hopefully soon though.

DIY Dial Shaving

Last edited:

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
BTW, why does your dial have a larger diameter? I didn't even notice the serif on the "L" until you pointed it out - obvious on close inspection, but not so much from casual distance - which is why I'll trade it, and the markers, for a more correct color and sunburst..

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
BTW, why does your dial have a larger diameter? I didn't even notice the serif on the "L" until you pointed it out - obvious on close inspection, but not so much from casual distance - which is why I'll trade it, and the markers, for a more correct color and sunburst..

The 2836 movement has a smaller diameter
2836 - 25.6mm
My9015 - 26.0mm

So that might have something to do with it. But the 3135 is 28.5mm so who knows. The ARF GMT LN dial was made bigger than the VRF dial and in fact won't fit in a VRF GMT case without being shaved. Same with ARF Daytona dials, they have to be shaved to fit in Noob cases. Rep dials, go figure.

I'm going to change my X flaw ZZF dial to the BP and steal its markers as soon as I can get to it, if that answers your other question, lol.

sfgerl

Renowned Member
Patron
Certified
25/10/18
Is the 2836 BP dial too small to fit in the 3135 case?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Is the 2836 BP dial too small to fit in the 3135 case?

I don't think so. I would check date window alignment with a 3135 datewheel before proceeding though. Sometimes they can be a little off center, or if using a rep DW, the outer silver perimeter ring on the DW can actually show through the window. My Miyota dial alignment with the VR3135 stock DW is great.

This 2836 Exp II dial not so much. YMMV

Z06hBj.jpg

Z08tjc.jpg

Z088vI.jpg

The gen DW is white all the way to the outer edge so no silver ring would show but horizontal centering in the window can still be an issue.

Last edited:

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
If you were me, would you swap the ZZF on my frankened watch with the BP dial?

Thanks!

Mel

I really think that it will be an awesome upgrade to swap the dial, and transplant the markers over.

CF (ZZF)/VSF markers are the best on market, and BP/early VRF max dial has deepest shadow among Hulks.

I’ve seen your Hulk journey on the other thread, now I think is worth the hassle to squeeze the last bit for your perfect Hulk without paying crazy Gen price.

Cheers for your Hulk :)

Last edited:
Reactions: sfgerl and KJ2020