• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

newbie introduction plus kindly asking for some guidance

lateforthewatchworld

Horology Curious
11/5/21
Hi folks, I'm new to the horology rep world. Really interested in everything about watches, genuine or replicas. So, I live in place where wearing a gen rolex on a daily basis is a really bad idea, so I keep them in the bank safe. I would like to use them regularly but Rio, Brazil is an unsafe place to do so, and that's life, no use to complain. I'm really into 36mm Datejusts and I was thinking of paying a watchmaker to set one up for me, from a reliable movement, like Switzerland's eta 2428-2. I already have a gen dial that I love. So I kindly ask for the opinion and suggestions of where to get the parts necessary for the assembly or suggestion of a replica that can house a Swiss eta in its box. My best wishes to you all. Thanks for having me in your place!

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
There are no 36mm DJ reps, you would need to have one built.

Bombardier

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
12/11/20
There are a lot of modders here from all over the world, I think you have to pm them, send the watch and dial and they do it for you, and this place is much reliable then what you can imagine, modders approved by Mods here, they should be able to supply a gen Eta too. I don’t know if there is a modder based in Brazil here but US maybe an option for you

lateforthewatchworld

Horology Curious
11/5/21
Thanks for the feedback, guys. Chazingtime sells 36mm DJ's with asian 2824 movements. I suppose it's probably a direct swap to a genuine Swiss ETA, or so I hope.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Thanks for the feedback, guys. Chazingtime sells 36mm DJ's with asian 2824 movements. I suppose it's probably a direct swap to a genuine Swiss ETA, or so I hope.

Yes it is. The Asian clone movements are exactly that - clones. They are a direct swap with their Swiss counterparts.

However, you might consider hanging onto your money and seeing how the a2824 performs. It could last for years, without the need to swap it for a Swiss unit.