• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

116613lb VSF or clean factory?

TTBHG

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/10/20
I’m trying to find a VSF 116613lb right now. I know the factory got raided so it’s hard to find. However, when I emailed a TD trying to find one they told me clean was better now. Any thoughts?

Also, has anyone gotten the gold plating to minimize the fading? I’m curious if it’s worth it.

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
Clean is better yes. Plating is more to obtain an 18k Rolex look.

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
But doesn't clean have those horrid crown guards?
Or did they fix that - damn, i realize I'm not up to date anymore.

Edit: just wanted to add, i'm quite happy with my arf v3 116613lb. The gold color is spot on, sides of midlinks are also plated.

Last edited:
Reactions: oridian

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
But doesn't clean have those horrid crown guards?
Or did they fix that - damn, i realize I'm not up to date anymore.

Edit: just wanted to add, i'm quite happy with my arf v3 116613lb. The gold color is spot on, sides of midlinks are also plated.

Would be interested in seeing some pictures.
ive ordered and paid for an ARF 116613LB with Sead a few days ago, just awaiting the QC pics

Itto

Bizzarro Superman
Patron
Certified
26/9/17
The 9th gate
Would be interested in seeing some pictures.
ive ordered and paid for an ARF 116613LB with Sead a few days ago, just awaiting the QC pics

some pics of my arf v3, it's a really good watch - also got it from Sead:
ZGQzGv.jpg
ZGQZi8.jpg
ZGQjCK.jpg
ZGBgVR.jpg

Last edited:

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Love my VSF LB but CLEAN have better gold and plating. Could not get clean bracelet seperatly.... so Ln i will go for clean.

Reactions: KJ2020 and Yogibear

RichardTn

Horology Curious
13/3/21
Love my VSF LB but CLEAN have better gold and plating. Could not get clean bracelet seperatly.... so Ln i will go for clean.

What is clean? Is that another factory, different from VSF?

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19

As far as colour goes the clean looks better. ARF is definitely not spot on with colour.... None are but Clean does look best out of the 116613's

I forgot how the dial looks though.

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
some pics of my arf v3, it's a really good watch - also got it from Sead:
ZGQzGv.jpg
ZGQZi8.jpg
ZGQjCK.jpg
ZGBgVR.jpg

Thank you for that.
we all know no reps perfect and I have no intention of modding anything when it arrives, if my order is to that standard I’ll have no issues whatsoever and would be very happy.
Again, thank you for taking the time to share the pics

lyakya

Known Member
8/3/18
Is Clean factory close right now?
Toro told me they are closed and don't know when they'll open.

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
I got clean LN and vsf LB.
clean crystal is so trash compared, but the gold plating is much better, also bad clasp on clean (feels cheap and no spring for the click)

Rubberman

Forever young
Patron
Certified
9/12/17
VSF LB + ARF dial w VSF markers + ARF bracelet (SEL side plated, excellent clasp).
VSF dial is not deep (dark shadow) enough, ARF markers too sharp
Dun like the CF, case, dial n bracelet.

Reactions: KJ2020

repreg123

7/8/19
I got the VSF and it's a great watch. The gold color is to yellowish, but I just got it plated with real gold and now its perfect.

Reactions: MikeMeezy77

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
I got the VSF and it's a great watch. The gold color is to yellowish, but I just got it plated with real gold and now its perfect.

18karat is a brighter yellow
14karat is a warmer yellow

With that in mind, how did the VSF yellow gold look?
When you had your watch plated, did you go 14k or 18k? Did you have the bezel plated as well? And more importantly: Where did you get it plated?

repreg123

7/8/19
18karat is a brighter yellow
14karat is a warmer yellow

With that in mind, how did the VSF yellow gold look?
When you had your watch plated, did you go 14k or 18k? Did you have the bezel plated as well? And more importantly: Where did you get it plated?

The VSF looked too dark yellow. I got it plated by nikz who does it the same color as gen. Obviously bezel and crown was plated as well..

Last edited:
Reactions: diamonds

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
The VSF looked too dark yellow. I got it plated by nikz who does it the same color as gen. Obviously bezel and crown was plated as well..

Thanks for the quick reply.
BP yellow gold is pretty spot on and I always wondered how VSF gold looked. How much does gold plating cost? It's something I'm interested in doing to the same 116613LB, but I'm still reading which is better VSF or Clean. What made you go with VSF? Especially considering the end links look to be one piece instead of three? Did you change the bracelet?

Last edited:

repreg123

7/8/19
Thanks for the quick reply.
BP yellow gold is pretty spot on and I always wondered how VSF gold looked. How much does gold plating cost? It's something I'm interested in doing to the same 116613LB, but I'm still reading which is better VSF or Clean. What made you go with VSF? Especially considering the end links look to be one piece instead of three? Did you change the bracelet?

I went with VSF because it's the best sub overall. Only thing that bothers me is the off color gold, but that can be plated for which I payed 250€. To me it's pretty perfect, YMMV thou.

Reactions: diamonds

Marky101

Known Member
3/5/21
I went with VSF because it's the best sub overall. Only thing that bothers me is the off color gold, but that can be plated for which I payed 250€. To me it's pretty perfect, YMMV thou.

does anyone in the UK do the plating and also the gold on the insert? Pretty happy with the Arf I bought a few weeks ago but the insert in particular could do with the gold brightening up so would likely get it all replated if that was an option.,

Last edited:
Reactions: inyourdreamxxx