• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF 126610LV vs GEN 126613LN

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Hi guys, I finally managed to compare these two beauties.

I have to say that VSF did a great job:
The bracelet is fluid and the feeling is very similar to the gen one (obviously the two tone has gold parts and therefore heavier).
The Glidelock has the same action in both (both in the VSF and in the gen it jams a bit).
The action of the bezel and clicks are virtually identical, in both sound and solidity. I can feel some play in both bezels, even if the genuine one feels just a tad tighter.
Fonts and writings are excellent, both in the bezel and in the dial, I could not distinguish them with the naked eye.
Crystal is a bomb, very close to gen, great black hole and clarity, best Halo effect i've ever seen in a rep.

Here are the pictures:

ZGaHCR.jpg

ZGa2eK.jpg

ZGaKS8.jpg

ZGa3mL.jpg

ZGaArv.jpg

ZGaLE1.jpg

ZGa5Hj.jpg

ZGaUy4.jpg

ZGaW4I.jpg

ZGammX.jpg

ZGaacc.jpg

ZGaqSb.jpg

ZGaYt5.jpg

ZGaoPi.jpg

ZGaOep.jpg

ZGayEF.jpg

7five7

31/12/19
Wow VSF did a great job on this rep, especially that it was one of the first to rep this model

Reactions: mari115

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Thanks for this mari115
Always cool to see a gen & rep side by side, so very much appreciated. Originally I was swaying towards the Hulk, but I think your comparison has now nudged me towards this instead.

Last edited:

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
I have 2 pieces of newest batch of 126610 and one first batch 126610 and I must say quality of first batch 126610 in feel, movement, date change click, winding, bezel action seem better.

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I have 2 pieces of newest batch of 126610 and one first batch 126610 and I must say quality of first batch 126610 in feel, movement, date change click, winding, bezel action seem better.

Interesting!

I heard that the newest batches (like mine) have a better halo effect in their cyclops, i wonder if they changed something else as well

rcom440

10/11/12
USA
Interesting!

I heard that the newest batches (like mine) have a better halo effect in their cyclops, i wonder if they changed something else as well

Yes, also crystal is also slightly more clear on new batch but it distorts date font when font is close to edges of cyclops.
cyclops on 1st batch don’t distort date font. So when it comes to new batch crystal there are some things I like and some I don’t.
But if I had to choose between 1st batch and new batch I think I would choose 1st batch - it has less accurate clasp but entire watch including movement feel more solid to me.
But I still like my 126610s from new batch.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Interesting!

I got mine at the beginning of January, and have ordered a further two for friends since, the most recent being 2 weeks ago. The crystal has a different cyclops to the first batch - more halo - but also more distortion, and the bracelet and clasp is .5mm narrower.

Everything else is the same. VSF haven’t done lots of updates to the original - people are too obsessed with the false notion that ‘batches means updates‘. It doesn’t. If a supermarket runs out of Cornflakes, it does not mean the ‘next batch‘ they receive are going to be better.

Thanks for the comparison - nice to see them both together!

domiffm

no, I have nothing for sale
Patron
Certified
28/4/15
Germany
Agree. First batch (delivered in Dec/Jan) was the best at least for 126610LV. Especially the current crystal cyclops is a huge step back due to horrible distortion. Had both in hand at home and compared.

Reactions: HomeRye and rcom440

mari115

9/6/18
Nearer than you think
I got mine at the beginning of January, and have ordered a further two for friends since, the most recent being 2 weeks ago. The crystal has a different cyclops to the first batch - more halo - but also more distortion, and the bracelet and clasp is .5mm narrower.

Everything else is the same. VSF haven’t done lots of updates to the original - people are too obsessed with the false notion that ‘batches means updates‘. It doesn’t. If a supermarket runs out of Cornflakes, it does not mean the ‘next batch‘ they receive are going to be better.

Thanks for the comparison - nice to see them both together!

Thanks for the input guys :)

Reactions: muiramas