• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VS3235&3135 self-regulate. Anybody's experience?

Patricdeen

This member is doing hard time, they pissed off the goat.
INMATE
19/6/20
Iwo in Germania
Hey Pals, Has any of you ever done such a thing? What do I do? Which of the two labelled points needs to be moved? What generates minus and what plus? Would be very grateful for your help! Unfortunately, I can't find any instructions. Thank you in advance.

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16

The brass one regulates seconds. The steel one is for beat error adjustment. Push very gently. If you can see it move you have probably gone too far. Just slight pressure. Proceed at your own risk and use a timegrapher.

Patricdeen

INMATE
19/6/20
Iwo in Germania
Ok pal, i Need to regulate it a few seconds back. Can you explain which direction Is Minus an which Is Plus?

Asmodeus

I'm Pretty Popular
17/4/15
If you can see it move you have probably gone too far.

Best advice, couldn't be more true.

4,5 hours … its done !

Don't be so sure, you have to check the average variation on multiple positions, face up, face down, sideways. Also on a running watch it may be after a few minutes for the balance spring to set on the actual value

Patricdeen

INMATE
19/6/20
Iwo in Germania
Funfact i have a clone 2813 for practice and it runs Now with 8 + and beat error from 3 xD In the beginning it was at 45 + and at 8

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

Patricdeen

INMATE
19/6/20
Iwo in Germania
The balance wheel has given up the spirit.. Now I have three options. To watchmakers and ask if he can repair it, wait until VSF reopens and order a new movement or buy Gen Balance Bridge, etc. for 700 bills.

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
The balance wheel has given up the spirit.. Now I have three options. To watchmakers and ask if he can repair it, wait until VSF reopens and order a new movement or buy Gen Balance Bridge, etc. for 700 bills.

What exactly happened to the balance?

If you love the watch, a gen balance is an excellent upgrade.

Reactions: KJ2020

Patricdeen

INMATE
19/6/20
Iwo in Germania
The Beat was By 32000 and than it stopped. I remove the Bridge and Look But i dont find anything. The Balance Wheel dont move.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The Beat was By 32000 and than it stopped. I remove the Bridge and Look But i dont find anything. The Balance Wheel dont move.

What do you mean "By 32000"? Beat error is measured in milliseconds, with 0.0ms being the best achievable.

Did you adjust the gold colored screw on the bridge at all? That screw adjusts the height of the upper end cap jewel to control end shake. If you tighten it down too far it can make the upper jewel contact the balance staff and prevent it from moving.

ZGUgJi.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
A new movement is $250. I was told by both Bosshua007 and Trusty that they could get it but that was before the raids.

Boss is an internet vendor several of us have used. I have always gotten great service and products from him.

https://bosshua007.myshopify.com/

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
I tried to order a couple awhile back and every dealer said vsf would not sell the movements.

Patricdeen

INMATE
19/6/20
Iwo in Germania
Then what do those who have a problem with the built-in Movement do? In itself, the watch is perfect, but that's just shit. I hope someone can fix mine. Maybe Ben?!