• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Daytona

Flyzone

Known Member
13/5/21
Italia
That must be why I got a TWF QC instead of a biao. The ultimate bait and switch (not TD's fault)

jzs8I1.jpg

biao has arrived to me. do you think it is good?

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
biao has arrived to me. do you think it is good?

Tbh bro, it doesn't look exactly like the website ad. Li also mentioned that to me, that the biao samples he saw were not up to par with the ad pics.

It's not terrible but it has some elements that look off. The bezel isn't great - you mentioned about the finish not looking highly polished. Also the text spacing is wrong. Numeral fonts are thin and too tall.

j3drMJ.jpg

There are some other things that look a little less appealing like the dial coronet and I wondered about the subdials, do they have the textured rings, and the hands, they look like they might be thin. Maybe it's just the pic.

j3dsZj.jpg

Like I said it's not terrible but I have to say I'm not sorry I was forced to give it a pass.

Flyzone

Known Member
13/5/21
Italia
Tbh bro, it doesn't look exactly like the website ad. Li also mentioned that to me, that the biao samples he saw were not up to par with the ad pics.

It's not terrible but it has some elements that look off. The bezel isn't great - you mentioned about the finish not looking highly polished. Also the text spacing is wrong. Numeral fonts are thin and too tall.

j3drMJ.jpg

There are some other things that look a little less appealing like the dial coronet and I wondered about the subdials, do they have the textured rings, and the hands, they look like they might be thin. Maybe it's just the pic.

j3dsZj.jpg

Like I said it's not terrible but I have to say I'm not sorry I was forced to give it a pass.

I agree with your comments. the reflection of the glass has a greenish reflection in my opinion .. but why? I put more photos on the previous page

Reactions: KJ2020

Flyzone

Known Member
13/5/21
Italia

here you can clearly see the thickness of the glass and the reflection I was saying .. I don't understand what it is ..

Reactions: Exklusive

Flyzone

Known Member
13/5/21
Italia
It looks like that's caused by the gasket- it would have to be assuming the crystal is clear sapphire.

You could try a gasket from Cousins, these are as good as gen

https://www.cousinsuk.com/product/ga...ss?code=R30520

Sorry but i don't understand what Is the problem. The quality of Crystal? but for you it is to replace the gasket or is it okay? in case I still have to go to a watch .. I don't know what to buy or how to replace it

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Sorry but i don't understand what Is the problem. The quality of Crystal? but for you it is to replace the gasket or is it okay? in case I still have to go to a watch .. I don't know what to buy or how to replace it

Your crystal gasket is an ugly greenish color bro. It's showing through the clear good crystal and its ugly color is spreading. Buying and installing a new clear crystal gasket will eliminate the issue IMO.

Reactions: SuperLory

Flyzone

Known Member
13/5/21
Italia
Your crystal gasket is an ugly greenish color bro. It's showing through the clear good crystal and its ugly color is spreading. Buying and installing a new clear crystal gasket will eliminate the issue IMO.

Thanks a lot bro. Why for you Crystal gasket is greenish? I never see It. in the photos before shipping it was not like this ..

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Thanks a lot bro. Why for you Crystal gasket is greenish? I never see It. in the photos before shipping it was not like this ..

I don't know why or how it got ugly bro but it is! Get rid of that thing and the watch will look much better!

See the difference?

j3ScJs.jpg

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
Have I bumped into one today? Local deal stating a noob but from preliminary photos none of us would say it's a noob yet chrono fully working. Since the island is small I went to see it with my eyes

It measures on my caliper 12.8/9 but the crystal is almost flush to the bezel like in a submariner
Chrono works
Winding feels nothing like my noobs
Bezel is really odd and there is a step in the case to the caseback

The guy who is not on rwi would like to know what he has in hand since he's been conned and will try to recoup. Thanks in advance

AASoliman

Known Member
1/6/20
California
Have I bumped into one today? Local deal stating a noob but from preliminary photos none of us would say it's a noob yet chrono fully working. Since the island is small I went to see it with my eyes

It measures on my caliper 12.8/9 but the crystal is almost flush to the bezel like in a submariner
Chrono works

The guy who is not on rwi would like to know what he has in hand since he's been conned and will try to recoup. Thanks in advance

What’s the clasp code?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dashing

Dashing Around
Supporter
20/5/18
Metroville

Noob 116500/116520 does not have hallmark stamps on the case, i cant recall any factory that has hallmark stamps on steel model. Case shape is also not right for the WG case. Thinned case back maybe?

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Have I bumped into one today? Local deal stating a noob but from preliminary photos none of us would say it's a noob yet chrono fully working.

jHiTCL.jpg

jHiuyj.jpg

Chrono works

That is not like any Noob I've ever seen. As has been mentioned an SS should not have hallmarks and the caseback has been (very nicely) thinned even more than the Noob with SA4130.

16274863714291.jpg

The bezel markers are much thinner than Noob. The dial is different - note the R in ROLEX is over the T in oyster. There are versions like this in gen of course, and Noob and BP and others made 7750 reps with these dials but the Noob SA4130s all have the R over the S.

Also the subdial rings are too skinny, looks more like a 16520 dial with 116500 markers.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/31212543623...BoCj_8QAvD_BwE

16274863437260.jpg

Overall it's a pretty good looking rep, swap in a CF bezel and probably a better rep coronet on the dial and I'd have no problem wearing it. I'm very curious about the movement, if it's really a 7750, what an amazing accomplishment to have all the chronos work and be that thin.. Or is it something else? Any chance of movement pics?

Given it's pluses and minuses, and if the movement is not actually an SA4130, I couldn't see it being valued at more than $400 or so, even with today's inflated rep prices. Maybe Noob is trying to re-emerge using whatever parts it can get, who knows. 138 is a clasp code Noob has used.

Last edited:

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
The guru has spoken. Thanks a lot @kj2020
In fact i really liked the skinny subdials cos I'm a sucker for 16520 and I thought I could smack a cf bezel on it and call it a day but I'd like to know the movement as well. Hope we can crack the mystery

Reactions: KJ2020

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
That is not like any Noob I've ever seen. As has been mentioned an SS should not have hallmarks and the caseback has been (very nicely) thinned even more than the Noob with SA4130.

Given it's pluses and minuses, and if the movement is not actually an SA4130, I couldn't see it being valued at more than $400 or so, even with today's inflated rep prices. Maybe Noob is trying to re-emerge using whatever parts it can get, who knows. 138 is a clasp code Noob has used.

Here are photos of the mystery unit next to a Noob :

The watchsmith was surprised to see a 7750 being so clean and the other observation made was the way the crystal sits low.

All the sub dials work (tested for 1 hour plus), the winding is smooth, hacking.

As for swaps, the watchsmith is still checking if the unit will receive a CF insert and ARF dial. Stand by.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Here are photos of the mystery unit next to a Noob

jKHeXk.jpg
[/url]

The watchsmith was surprised to see a 7750 being so clean and the other observation made was the way the crystal sits low.

All the sub dials work (tested for 1 hour plus), the winding is smooth, hacking.

As for swaps, the watchsmith is still checking if the unit will receive a CF insert and ARF dial. Stand by.

Great set of pics bro. ARF dial will likely have to be shaved down in diameter and maybe new feet applied. It would be worth the effort IMO.

DIY Dial Shaving