• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ZF Black Bay 58 - Blue > Dial Fitment

MATCHBACK2020

You're Saying I Can Sell?
25/8/17
Hey Guys.

Looking for some ZF BB58 Blue owners to provide some feedback for this one. I own a ZF BB58 Black and couldn't be happier with the overall watch, fit and finish and quality, Lume on hand and markers aside i think its a great Rep.

I have an order in for a bluesie. QC came in and to me it looks like the dial may be a little off center. I know picture angles especially on this watch can make things look a little different due to the domed crystal. I checked a ton of posts on here this morning trying to see the different views of the dials on the blue vs mine but again hard to tell due the and camera Angle and shape of the crystal.

Anyone else ran into this problem? Trying to get some clarity before i approve this one.

What do you think?
Thanks

MATCHBACK2020

25/8/17
This is what i am bench marking against. Think this is off the Trustytime website

nikefit

Known Member
16/1/12
mine is exactly the same, it is more to the left just like your pic

fatarms

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
9/5/12
In my pants
Someone more knowledgeable than me can probably answer this, but couldn't it be fixed by adjusting the movement tabs that affix the movement to the case?

MATCHBACK2020

25/8/17
Thanks for the replies, I have asked the TD to review and get back to me, They have a watchsmith available so if it needs correction they should be able to help with that.

kevBquick

9/10/18
this would be a no for me. you would be correct in holding off or if they are willing to fix but until the dial is centered. i won't green light it, if it was mine.

MATCHBACK2020

25/8/17
this would be a no for me. you would be correct in holding off or if they are willing to fix but until the dial is centered. i won't green light it, if it was mine.

Absolutely, to be honest i am a little surprised this even got through the TD's QC process, This particular TD is well known for attention to detail and a more time consuming process due to this !! Guess that's not the case this time round, Chinese Labor Day holiday was maybe just to exciting and they just wanted to get this one"Out of the shop"

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
These watches are very hard to assess dial centering due to the crystal as you mentioned. Maybe send your reference pic and see if they can make yours look that way. If they can, then your pics were showing only an apparent offset and not a real one. You can see what a difference just a slight angle change makes between your two pics. At 50-55 the gap from chapter ring to rehaut appears to change from narrow to wide. It's the same in varying degrees for some other numbers.

ZF1RL3.jpg

Regarding repositioning of the dial, often that will be limited by the stem. You can't just push a movement and dial where you want them to go, the amount of available deviance is usually very slight.

Last edited:

MATCHBACK2020

25/8/17
These watches are very hard to assess dial centering due to the crystal as you mentioned. Maybe send your reference pic and see if they can make yours look that way. If they can,

Hi KJ2020, Yes already sent along with the reference pictures. It could very well just be the camera angle. with these close ups the dial centering just stood out right away. Compared to my Black BB58 the white lines on blue dial just appear to be much more prominent.

Either way hope its something simple or just an angle. Really would like the Blue BB58 in the collection

tuaman

31/7/15
I didn't notice it until you mentioned it but now I can't unsee it.

TTmod

5/5/21
Absolutely, to be honest i am a little surprised this even got through the TD's QC process, This particular TD is well known for attention to detail and a more time consuming process due to this !! Guess that's not the case this time round, Chinese Labor Day holiday was maybe just to exciting and they just wanted to get this one"Out of the shop"

Hello, this is my first post here but i read RWI since a long time. Did you order from TrustyTime or another TD ?

MATCHBACK2020

25/8/17
I think in this case i wont disclose the TD. I will allow them time to correct as to date i have never had an issue with them and i have had multiple purchases.
Thanks

dilson88

Horology Curious
1/4/21
UK
I have this watch and have a similar gap but when you look at the watch facing the glass hides it as it's slightly curved. If that makes sense.

Reactions: MATCHBACK2020