• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ginault owner's comparison to reps?

ML46

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/8/19
Are we all not on a replica forum?

You missed the point...I'm not the one giving people crap about their opinions on time pieces....I just find it lame that you had to make any comment...

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
You missed the point...I'm not the one giving people crap about their opinions on time pieces....I just find it lame that you had to make any comment...

Because I found it lame that you thought your ginault was better quality than a Rolex so then my opinion was that you are clueless.... You have 30 posts in 2 years, I'm not going to engage further with someone who is barely active.

ML46

You're Saying I Can Sell?
21/8/19
Because I found it lame that you thought your ginault was better quality than a Rolex so then my opinion was that you are clueless.... You have 30 posts in 2 years, I'm not going to engage further with someone who is barely active.

I never said it was better...is English your second language?...if so I forgive you. Otherwise, you're just another keyboard cowboy. I've owned both...so I laugh at you and hope you get help for your affliction....your posts on this have been totally useless.

Reactions: kokemut

DutchSUB

Supporter
Certified
30/10/14
[EU] Netherlands
You guys can say what you want, but this watch is amazing for its pricepoint. And yes, i also have a TC V7X and VSF 126610 & 116610 subs to compare.

ZJKedL.jpg
ZJKWW8.jpg

ZJK5xR.jpg

ZJKalK.jpg

ZJKifv.jpg

ZJKo21.jpg

ZJKq6j.jpg

ZJKYjI.jpg

ZJKIu4.jpg

ZJKyIc.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Does the Ginault bracelet have 2.0mm springbars?

getinthere

Looking Around
10/5/21
You guys can say what you want, but this watch is amazing for its pricepoint. And yes, i also have a TC V7X and VSF 126610 & 116610 subs to compare.

ZJKedL.jpg
ZJKWW8.jpg

ZJK5xR.jpg

ZJKalK.jpg

ZJKifv.jpg

ZJKo21.jpg

ZJKq6j.jpg

ZJKYjI.jpg

ZJKIu4.jpg

ZJKyIc.jpg

Wow. That blue bezel! Would love to see more pictures on wrist under different lights!

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Does the Ginault bracelet have 2.0mm springbars?

The Ocean Rover 1 has, 100% gen spec. I'm pretty sure the OR2 has too, as the bracelet is mainly the same, except they have now only 3 non-removable links on each side like 6-digit Sub bracelets (massive improvement for small wrist fellas like me, if you ask me!).

Reactions: KJ2020

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The Ocean Rover 1 has, 100% gen spec. I'm pretty sure the OR2 has too, as the bracelet is mainly the same, except they have now only 3 non-removable links on each side like 6-digit Sub bracelets (massive improvement for small wrist fellas like me, if you ask me!).

Cool, thanks bro

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
I may have to get myself a Submerciful Maritimer and see what the buzz about :joran:

Parto

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
2/7/18
UK
I’ve enjoyed this thread and decided to buy a Ginault Ocean Rover II to see how it compares to my VSF 126610LV and to potentially act as a stop gap until I find a reasonably priced TC or JF for sale. In the hand you can really tell the size difference between the 5 digit case and the newer 41mm case which doesn’t really show in the photos but in terms of case finishing they are quite similar.

The bracelet on the Ginault is definitely better, no sharp edges and very good fit and finish (not that the VSF is bad just the Ginault is better). In terms of the quick adjust both work fine and I wouldn’t say there is any difference in smoothness of operation.

The biggest difference in quality between the two for me is the bezel feel. To be honest the VSF is as good as I have had on any rep - very little back play, easy to turn, excellent alignment, however, to me the Ginault feels a step up with no back play and a much more solid click.

For the dial and hands both are equally good with similar quality printing and no flaws. I prefer the crystal on the Ginault but that is probably because the AR is better and the cyclops has slightly less distortion.

So I think the Ginault is definitely the better watch but the differences are fairly minimal and with the VSF costing roughly a third it is the much better value proposition. I will probably end up selling both if I can find a good TC/JF as I personally prefer the 5 digit case with the Mercedes hands.

20210622-133930.jpg
20210622-132551.jpg
20210622-132712.jpg
20210622-132617.jpg
20210622-133747.jpg

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Supporter
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
Really appreciate the photos and feedback. Got to say the Gold Sands colour looks good. I've gone for the white hands, DW and indices (smurf), though keep questioning whether I made the right choice! lol. Will find out next month when mine arrives.

Part of me feels the golden sand coloured hands help make it look a tiny bit less like a sub clone - which appeals to me. Still probably have a week or two to change my mind before my build slot arrives.