• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ginault owner's comparison to reps?

biff1001

25/7/21
Will the Ginault 94530G oyster bracelet fit on a VSF 116610LN?

Perpetual

I'm Pretty Popular
23/1/16
32VNFF.jpg

32VEp5.jpg

Goldsimba1989

13/6/21
Sorry but Ginault is just a rep with a different stamp on it. Hahaha 😂 for me staying it is a gen is lying to oneself 😂😜😘

Like I own a gen Rolex Datejust and a gen Rolex sub, gen Omega speedmaster Omega seamasters, gen breitling superocean. Some Vintage heuers, Cartier Santos.

Now some vsf sub no date and vsf sub hulk.

Can’t complain about the quality.

Buy a company with history and maybe through a few reps in for fun.

Ginault doesn’t tick any boxes for me sorry
It is a rep which got a different stamp on the dial. 😘

tacomn

You're Saying I Can Sell?
16/1/23
usa
Sorry but Ginault is just a rep with a different stamp on it. Hahaha 😂 for me staying it is a gen is lying to oneself 😂😜😘

Like I own a gen Rolex Datejust and a gen Rolex sub, gen Omega speedmaster Omega seamasters, gen breitling superocean. Some Vintage heuers, Cartier Santos.

Now some vsf sub no date and vsf sub hulk.

Can’t complain about the quality.

Buy a company with history and maybe through a few reps in for fun.

Ginault doesn’t tick any boxes for me sorry
It is a rep which got a different stamp on the dial. 😘
Do you own a Ginault or handled one? If so you are saying a rep is better quality or the same level?

biff1001

25/7/21
Got a Ginault bracelet ordered - hopefully arriving soon.
Interested to see what the quality is like compared to a rep.

Tompa

Put Some Respect On My Name
Supporter
Certified
7/12/18
Sweden
How thick is the ocean Rover 2? Love the Blue bezel. Realy nice watch

MambaMentality60

8/24
Certified
30/5/20
Australia
Hey guys I am thinking of purchasing the ginault bracelet. Can anyone tell me if it has hollow midlinks like a 5 digit or is it just the same as the modern rolex bracelets(fully solid)? Thanks

biff1001

25/7/21
The clasp is without logo so why swap when VSF is a better bracelet?
For me the Ginault bracelet is more comfortable to wear and it doesn't bother me that there is no branding on it.
Maybe i have strange wrists as i have had to try various link combinations to achieve this.

Reactions: johnlogan

GT1-Reach

Known Member
10/1/17
Hi community,

this is my first post in years.

Some years ago i had to bury the watch hobby because life got very rough and with it came financial problems.
Last christmas i returned from hibernation with a present to myself, a Sinn 556i that i picked up from the main store in Frankfurt. Terrific watch, strap monster like a sub.

Since christmas i tried to wrap my head around what my diver in my new, small collection shall be.

When i had to sell everything years ago, i had a gen 16610. It was my dream watch back then, but i can remember that i wasn't 100% satisfied with it. Among other things I wanted better lume and the 116610 glidelock bracelet. It felt wrong to me that i miss so many things on a seriously expensive watch. Of course you think, why didn't i just buy a 116610LN. Well, while i like the maxi case now, i hated it back then. I like it now, but i don't love it either.

Back then i also had a V1 Ocean Rover and while i was overall pretty impressed by it, the clone 2824 movement left a bit of a bitter taste in my mouth, but i saw what Ginault was trying to do. the older, slimmer, "better" and more elegant case with the newer bracelet and better lume.

Sorry i digress.

So the last months / weeks i went on a hunt for my "perfect" diver. long story short, my favorite was / is the Oris Aquis 41,5mm with the calibre 400. But Oris doesn't offer a black dial on this watch yet. I tried the anthracite dial last month, i liked it very much, but i want to wait for a black dial to be available.

I also looked at Breitling Colts and Seamasters but then i remembered Ginault and how the older 40mm subs are pretty magical.

Today i found a 2 month old Ocean Rover 2 in black without a cyclops. Nearly everything that i disliked / missed on my 16610LN is somewhat fixed on this watch. The only real thing that i dislike on the Ocean rovers (1 and 2) is the red seconds hand. I hated the red seconds hand years ago, but now its "ok". I was a mercedes hands lover / hardliner back then, now i hate them. Its really interesting and funny how my taste for watches and their details changed silently while i was away from the hobby. I even like quartz now.

I am very curious how much i will like the OR2 once it has arrived.

In the meantime i have a question for you Ocean Rover experts.

Some of you have a V1 and a V2 Ocean rover, is there really a difference in quality?
Ginault claims that the Ocean Rover 2 is even on a better level than the V1, they also claim that they updated the already very good bracelet. What is your experience in this regard?

Sorry guys i am from germany and my english is pretty mediocre, i tried my best to be understandable.