• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Ginault owner's comparison to reps?

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
Hinclimincli KJ2020 and other contributors...many thanks for the loads of information and robust sharing!

I have been offered a Ginault OR II with Kermit bezel for about $1100, the condition is basically almost new so it's a 26%-27% discount of the retail price. I was also offered a TC V6 by another friend but considering everything else (finishing of case, bracelet etc) I feel that the OR II represents a better deal. Especially when I take into consideration of what kj2020 said about the franken possibility with gen crystal, dial and other things as one sees fit. Then again, I probably would just keep it as it is as one never knows how the brand would do in the future.

If you plan to franken..pick up the TC…it’s exactly like Ginault..but hollow links for bracelet..I am fortunate to have both watches in the stable. Even my TC has the same insert Ginault LV has, weird. If you franken the Ginault..it’s awesome too but the price point…for over $1000…your money..

Vvvlllooo

I'm Pretty Popular
13/6/15
82D09E95-24C5-47BD-9720-DFC9869B6719f51c99d1880c9942.jpg

Ginault insert off…TC watch

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
If you plan to franken..pick up the TC…it’s exactly like Ginault..but hollow links for bracelet..I am fortunate to have both watches in the stable. Even my TC has the same insert Ginault LV has, weird. If you franken the Ginault..it’s awesome too but the price point…for over $1000…your money..

You're a lucky fella to have both units, mate, I was actually eyeing the new Ginault with the blue insert. I reckon it's smashing but I am thinking that I will wait till a second hand unit becomes available. Happy to go for the Kermit first and I will likely to keep the puppy as is - no mods. Thanks for thought, they make a lot of sense ;)

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
derjenigewelcher Hi mate, been looking at the G website and suffice to say, I'm confused with the offerings. My eyes aren't good enough to pick up the differences other than the markers, inserts colours.
If you don't mind, which model are you getting with the blue insert? And is that a ceramic insert with Sellita movement?
Cheers

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
The homepage is updated like most TD homepages haha.
just email them to ask which are the most updated models. Yes, blue ceramic, and sellita. I guess on the homepage there are all aluminium, but not sure.
Ocean rover 2 you can choose christal, bezel color, material, date wheel color.... its great...just mail john (or what he is calling hisself these days;))

Reactions: weezkid

weezkid

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
12/1/21
Lane Cove
Hi mate, I'm glad my confusion was fair and square haha... Anyway, I did buy the Kermit unit from a buddy, so I'm going to wait till your unit comes in first and get your feedback. Hopefully, my wallet has recovered by then :p

Reactions: derjenigewelcher

houss1981

15/3/17
1500$ as stated on their website!! I see that price is way too high for an homage watch. ARF seems to be a bargan for its price and quality(even after you change the SA to a VR).

Reactions: GottaHave

HomeRye

Animal magnetism
Certified
7/4/20
Scotland
1500$ as stated on their website!! I see that price is way too high for an homage watch. ARF seems to be a bargan for its price and quality(even after you change the SA to a VR).

Yep - never going to beat the reps for value for money.

Reactions: GottaHave

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
1500$ as stated on their website!! I see that price is way too high for an homage watch.

For 'ME' I would never agree that a Chinese Ginault is worth $1500 USD, that's crazy money for a homage. You can buy a TAG watch around that money and I know what the better watch is PLUS I understand I'm paying for TAG's worldwide marketing & sponsoring which Ginault do zero of. What a fucking rip off by Ginault.

Before you ratbags jump on me, I said for 'ME'. If you're happy to pay power to you.

tlabowski01

Known Member
4/9/19
For 'ME' I would never agree that a Chinese Ginault is worth $1500 USD, that's crazy money for a homage. You can buy a TAG watch around that money and I know what the better watch is PLUS I understand I'm paying for TAG's worldwide marketing & sponsoring which Ginault do zero of. What a fucking rip off by Ginault.

Before you ratbags jump on me, I said for 'ME'. If you're happy to pay power to you.

Lol “rat bags” I’m saving that one.

I’m with you though. As much as I like the Ginault, I can’t agree with the asking price of one. Maaaaaybe used prices, but even those are a little high IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk