• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Worth buying a cf hulk dial for the VSF hulk?

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
I thought ZF and VSF were both great? I am planning on buying the ZF due to having the best Dial. ZF and VSF did tie in the Hulk Showdown Review.

ZF has the best hulk dial in reps. ZF like another user said is dark like Gen. VSF was much lighter in green. The ZZF even had a better colour than VSF.

Reactions: BLY

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
ZF has the best hulk dial in reps. ZF like another user said is dark like Gen. VSF was much lighter in green. The ZZF even had a better colour than VSF.

I disagree. See below..

Not sure if I have already posted my photo here, too.
Shows the different laser, cartwheel, disco dial effects.
VSF, ZZF v3, Noob v10s, Gen.
Gen is the 2nd watch with significant lighter effect.

VSF/Gen/Noob/ZZF(clean)

I think the VSF is closest to gen.. here is gen and VSF again..

There is neither one of them 'much lighter in green'. They are all pretty much the same green with differing sunbursts or laser effect. of which I would pick VSF.

Reactions: Harhar

Malaka

Known Member
5/9/19
Germany
Correct, imho.
VSF ist slightly lighter than gen. But this is completely irrelevant considering the sunburst/laser effect which is a way more obvious tell.

Reactions: Stevenf

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
I disagree. See below..

VSF/Gen/Noob/ZZF(clean)
Zf2GVo.jpg

Zf20aJ.jpg

There is neither one of them 'much lighter in green'. They are all pretty much the same green with differing sunbursts or laser effect. of which I would pick VSF.

Look at the the 1st and 2nd pics.... It's in a lighting that majority of us are in... Workplace, mall, home etc... The VSF dial looks terrible in that lighting. It's so light and not even close to Gen.
Now look at the 3rd pic...Your telling me I have to go outside on a sunny day under a tree just to have my hulk VSF kind of match with genuine lmao. A ZF in the 1st and 2nd pics would look the best.

Last edited:

Roguetheory

7/9/20
EU
I disagree. See below..

VSF/Gen/Noob/ZZF(clean)
Zf2GVo.jpg

Zf20aJ.jpg

Last edited:

Shany

24/6/19
There is no ZF in the comparison.
Yes Iam Sure it was post raid arrived this weekend

VaderTime

9/10/17
Gen dial should become very dark, almost black at certain angles which resembles the Kermit. My VSF just can't become that dark and I can still see the green at the darkest angle.

Reactions: Yogibear

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Gen dial should become very dark, almost black at certain angles which resembles the Kermit. My VSF just can't become that dark and I can still see the green at the darkest angle.

This is at odds with my findings too.. as below.. my VSF Hulk doing a really good kermit impression..

Zferao.jpg
ZfetlJ.jpg
ZfeBFP.jpg
Zfe6Jk.jpg
ZfelAW.jpg
Zfep6S.jpg

Last edited:

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19

It's crazy how many people will recommend VSF as the hulk to buy yet it fails at one of the most important parts of the hulk and that is the Dial.

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
It's crazy how many people will recommend VSF as the hulk to buy yet it fails at one of the most important parts of the hulk and that is the Dial.

So do they all though? Look at bowtie on the genuine watch above, none of the reps can manage that no matter how close the colour is.

The genuine dial is made using a process involving gold, no rep will ever do that.. found this..

The dial is mainly brass and they apply a mixture of gold powder and aluminium powder very similar to PVD coating to dial but its not solid gold if it was it would have to be hallmarked.And at one time Rolex did advertise it as being green gold on there web site.But it was soon removed as you cannot state anything thats gold unless its real solid gold like say 9Ct,15Ct,18Ct,22Ct, etc.And if over a certain weight and the dial would be it would have to bare a assay mark.

Just read down the text in the picture below.

diamant

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
9/9/19
Gen dial in different lightning conditions for you guys

Thanks m8.

No rep can match that dark forest! Such a lovely dial.
also see the insert is very close but missing the emerald shine to it.

Do someone have the newest CLEAN dial or watch?
ZF almost had it but now is bad? Lol

Reactions: mari115

Yogibear

I'm Pretty Popular
21/8/19
So do they all though? Look at bowtie on the genuine watch above, none of the reps can manage that no matter how close the colour is.

The genuine dial is made using a process involving gold, no rep will ever do that.. found this..

The dial is mainly brass and they apply a mixture of gold powder and aluminium powder very similar to PVD coating to dial but its not solid gold if it was it would have to be hallmarked.And at one time Rolex did advertise it as being green gold on there web site.But it was soon removed as you cannot state anything thats gold unless its real solid gold like say 9Ct,15Ct,18Ct,22Ct, etc.And if over a certain weight and the dial would be it would have to bare a assay mark.

Just read down the text in the picture below.

I understand but nothing is perfect to gen on any replica in general. We just hope for the closest thing possible and live with it or we franken it... The VSF doesn't come close to the dark green were looking for on a Hulk dial but the ZF does. I'm not saying its gen like, but out of all the hulk reps available to us, ZF has the best dial colour( I say colour because the markers on vsf is better) ... Unless it really did get worse after the raids.

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
You guys can argue all you want but VSF is the BEST one. I've had them all. Enjoying and laughing at this thread while wearing my VSF. The entire watch is superb including the dial and markers AND the crystal which is the best out of all the makers hands down.

https://i.ibb.co/VB38STf/IMG-20210103-110358.jpg

IMG-20210103-110340.jpg

IMG-20210103-105830.jpg

IMG-20210103-105459.jpg

Looks great in the shade, sun light is the dials enemy. I own a vsf but won’t wear it out of the house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk