• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Worth buying a cf hulk dial for the VSF hulk?

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
So I'm interested in getting a VSF hulk. Lots of debate on its bright dial. Would it be a good idea to grab a cf hulk dial and mod it into a VSF?

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
I've had both CF and VSF Hulk and I didn't find the dial difference worth switching and finally sold the CF. CF Dial was a bit, literally a bit darker in few angles and unfortunately both had fan like sunburst under strong light which I guess is the main issue with all rep Hulk dials. So, imho you're better off with your stock VSF Hulk:)

Reactions: leo6929 and KJ2020

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I've had both CF and VSF Hulk and I didn't find the dial difference worth switching and finally sold the CF. CF Dial was a bit, literally a bit darker in few angles and unfortunately both had fan like sunburst under strong light which I guess is the main issue with all rep Hulk dials. So, imho you're better off with your stock VSF Hulk:)

Thanks, that's a very useful reply. Maybe ZF can be an option in the future; my TD told me they're pretty bad at the moment. Hopefully they'll update theirs.

Reactions: pclaussen

ashu2289

I'm Pretty Popular
16/6/13
I guess ZF Dial and CF are very close and some of our member contributed with direct comparison who had both and the two dials were really close and had the same fan like sunburst issue unfortunately.

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
Need a bp dial
02d57ca060ef679859d974c54c9722ce.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I guess ZF Dial and CF are very close and some of our member contributed with direct comparison who had both and the two dials were really close and had the same fan like sunburst issue unfortunately.

Interesting. I heard that ZF's dial pre-raid was considerably better than VSF's.

Last edited:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
BP Miyota dial. Waiting to go in my ZZF. The markers are kind of fat and square so it will get the ZZF dial markers. No real loss as my ZZF dial has the X flaw. This dial also needs to be shaved to fit in the ZZF case.

Z78ZTS.jpg

DIY Dial Shaving

Last edited:

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
Hi mate.
ive had ZF and VSF side by side.
ZF dial is darker like genuine (dark forest)
same burst imo and much better markers on VSF.

Buy VSF.

Sounds good, thanks for the input.

BP Miyota dial. Waiting to go in my ZZF. The markers are kind of fat and square so it will get the ZZF dial markers. No real loss as my ZZF dial has the X flaw. This dial also needs to be shaved to fit in the ZZF case.

DIY Dial Shaving

Neat. How does one remove the markers from the dial? I might do that with the VSF markers on BP if I decide to go that route.

Last edited:

Liquid Snake

Known Member
28/2/21
Florida
I thought ZF and VSF were both great? I am planning on buying the ZF due to having the best Dial. ZF and VSF did tie in the Hulk Showdown Review.

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
I thought ZF and VSF were both great? I am planning on buying the ZF due to having the best Dial. ZF and VSF did tie in the Hulk Showdown Review.

My TD told me that the ZF Hulk dial post-raid sucks compared to pre-raid.

Reactions: KJ2020