• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Problem about Rolex Submarine

badangel

Horology Curious
21/4/21
Seller asked refund. He said '' send it back we will send you a new one''.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
he asked return. how much could be to send it china?

Depends on your location of course and your postal service can surely answer better than us?

You need to assess, versus what you paid, whether its worth returning or just bin and start again - it's your decision to make.

Last edited:

tripdog

Super Moderator
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
9/7/12
Sounds like the rotor has come loose, open the case back and post a pic.

Reactions: daytona4me

badangel

Horology Curious
21/4/21
Depends on your location of course and your postal service can surely answer better than us?

You need to assess, versus what you paid, whether its worth returning or just bin and start again - it's your decision to make.

so we have no option to send it free like we receive from china right. I am in canada.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
so we have no option to send it free like we receive from china right. I am in canada.

Why would you be able to send it to China for free?

From what I can see you paid $80, and without even looking, ball park you're probably looking at between 20-40 to send back. could be wrong, am basing it of approx rates here. What happens if its stopped, or lost or whatever. Money down the drain

mari115 has suggested starting again with a better one from one of the forum TDs

And

tripdog
​​​​​​​has suggested you post a pic in the hope I guess that perhaps you can repair yourself, or perhaps a local watchsmith.

Best of luck with whatever you decide.

ben_a34

Known Member
30/7/20
322d3be1e292b36cdd5dd95b3765b4ba.gif

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk

Reactions: P..DR..D

badangel

Horology Curious
21/4/21
Maybe in canada they have some birds which sends package?come on pls stop this thread.

well, if you hadn't before, don't be sure.Estimated day is not important. So could be some trade agreement between China and Canada and we might able to do this for a small amount.

newest dude on the forum

Some Guy
Supporter
Certified
17/8/20
The EnGrave Yard
well, if you hadn't before, don't be sure.Estimated day is not important. So could be some trade agreement between China and Canada and we might able to do this for a small amount.

Don't listen to all the bad advice here. Obviously you can send it to China for free, just like China was able to send it to you for free. Put a post-it note that says "CHINA" on the watch itself and then leave it outside your front door. A helpful postal worker will be by shortly to pick it up.

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Don't listen to all the bad advice here. Obviously you can send it to China for free, just like China was able to send it to you for free. Put a post-it note that says "CHINA" on the watch itself and then leave it outside your front door. A helpful postal worker will be by shortly to pick it up.

Just like Santa, don't forget Milk & Cookies, or else you won't get a tracking number...... lol

In all seriousness though, badangel you have 3 options:
1: Open it up like Tripdog advised and maybe you can repair yourself/locally.
2: Send it back, bear that cost and 'maybe' receive a replacement, or
3: Bin it and start again.

Unless I'm mistaken, these are your only viable options, so your choice to make, best of luck, I myself would go for #3

Last edited:

C Master

General RWI Dogsbody
Staff member
Global Moderator
Administrator
Certified
7/10/15
Ireland
I buy a lot of DHGate watches as I like shiny things and the app is just too easy to press the button on.

From my experience that watch needs to be lubricated most of them arrive dry as a bone and stop working. 10% of them from DHGate never work again and you have to replace the 2813 or get it completely overhauled which will cost more than the watch. Canadian post is very expensive for tracked shipping so unless the seller is prepared to pay the postage it is not worth sending back to China. This is the risk you run every time you buy from DHGate or Aliexpress.

Reactions: Spoons and P..DR..D

trailboss99

Head Honcho - Cat Herder
Staff member
Administrator
Certified
30/3/08
The dg2813 movement is a total turd. I wonder if you could swap it with a more reliable eta 2824 clone hmm :hiro:

Not really mate. Different hands, MVT holder and maybe even crown thread. It would cost more than the watch is worth. I'd either bin it or get a replacement 21J for 20 bucks but if the OP can't do the swap himself it's back into "not worth it" territory again.

Reactions: Spoons