• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

126610 bezel removal/replacement?

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Does anyone have any experience removing and replacing a VSF 126610 bezel? I'm sourcing a gen and am looking for someone who knows the correct removal and replacement procedure.

Is the insert a snap fit or glued? A snap fit sounds like it could risky for breakage.

Last edited:

macarone

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/3/17
CONUS USA
If vsf, it’s pressure fat. Risky and difficult without proper tools. Plenty of todo posts and diy methods have been posted, gl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: WatchSmith.US

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Yes, VSF. I have edited my post to indicate that.

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Reactions: WatchSmith.US

WatchSmith.US

-- Watchmaker --
Vendor (Watch Repair)
Patron
Certified
13/3/16
Here’s a how-to:

https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/modification-repairs/8689930-ceramic-insert-removal-guide

There are other guides too, but that’ll give a good idea of what’s involved. Ceramic inserts are fragile during removal/fitting, so it’s a risky venture unless you’re confident (and ideally have practiced on some sacrificial donors first). And it’s even riskier if playing with a gen.

Thanks mate! I will explore this and consider sending it to a pro if I don't feel like taking the risk. Much appreciated.