• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Whats the difference between these two Day Dates (228235)?

derfter

Horology Curious
4/11/20
Hey, so this is not sponsored by Mirotime or anything (although i can recommend him lol).
They have these two models on their website

1. https://www.mirotime.net/product/day...racelet-a3255/

2. https://www.mirotime.net/product/day...pf-asian-2836/

Maybe someone could answer my questions :

1. Is the only difference between these two the Movement? A3255 vs. A2836. If yes : is it worth going for the A3255?
2. Why is the second one called 228206? Mistake by Mirotime or a different model? When I google it, I just find platinum Day Dates.
3. How gen-like is the Everose Gold?
4. For this specific model : Is BP the best Factory in terms of being most Gen-like? Or maybe GMF?
5. My first rep is a VSF Hulk (check my posts), is it stupid to go for a green dial on this watch aswell? I prefer it over the chocolate one.
6. The second one is from BP factory, which factory is the first (more expensive) one?

Thanks in Advance!

Last edited:
Reactions: derjenigewelcher

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
1. Different factories, different movements. But I'd be disinclined to pay more for a watch with the same movement, decorated to look like the gen - which is entirely pointless on a watch with a solid caseback. However, the rose gold may be better on the (question 6 spoiler alert!) Noob. Hopefully someone who's familiar with one, the other, or both can give you more intel.
2. Mistake.
3. Well... Chinese "gold" plating isn't that great.
4. Homer Simpson "I don't know" noise.
5. No, pick the watch you like best. You might end up with a green dial themed watch box.
6. I checked on a TRUSTED DEALER site and found one with the same movement and description - and it's (drum roll)... a Noob: https://puretimewatch.io/day-date-4...n-markers-on-rg-president-bracelet-a3255.html

Although the site you've referenced is cheaper, you can almost certainly get the same deal with a TD. Always use a Trusted Dealer.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
There are no clone 3255 movements. DD reps will have either a 2836 or a 2813. Anything different will be a deco plate or fake engraving.

Your first link is from EWF, which is not a top tier factory.

Any "gold" plating on a rep is a gamble. The platings are thin and might last a few years or might last a few weeks. Of course you can always have the watch replated for $300 ‐ $500 ballpark.

RG in particular is a questionable purchase. I have seen more than a few of them display plating wear or flaking and a high percentage of these were from Noob.

I have firsthand experience with a Noob YG bracelet losing its top finish coat before I ever wore the watch. I put some weak adhesive tape on the bracelet to "protect it" while I regulated it. The finish came off on the tape when I removed it. I won't ever buy Noob "gold" again.

bj9dL.jpg

bj1IQ.jpg

BP on the other hand has been good on the 7 YG BP reps I own. I haven't had issues with them. I take great care of them which you must do if you want them to last. Wipe them down after use, don't wear while sweating, don't get them wet or dirty, store with desiccant, etc. I've been tempted to buy a BP/GMF RG but so far have not because I think the color is eventually going to look coppery which I dislike. You really can't polish a plated rep without removing the top finish layer and the base coat is a different color.

BP YG is a nice color
15798476243332.jpg

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
BP and GMF are partner factories. BP usually offers models in 316L, GMF in 904L. I don't pay extra for 904L, I don't believe it's beneficial or necessary. The platings on both are similar, and are regarded by many as being the best available.

This GMF DD is currently listed in the forum sales section. You can see the color is very similar to the BP I posted previously. It's a very nice color IMO, not brash yellow or orangey.

ZNTaWk.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Tijdwijzer

derfter

Horology Curious
4/11/20
So the best option at the Moment is to just go for the BP one?