• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF vs. CF No Date Sub - An amateurs review

kelt

You're Saying I Can Sell?
1/8/13
Purists beware! there is no such thing as a "no date submariner", at the origin the "submariner" was without a date complication, and when date function was added later, the new model was called "date submariner"

Last edited:
Reactions: mir36

c.dimitri

24/11/19
Purists beware! there is no such thing as a "no date submariner", at the origin there was the "submariner" without a date complication, and when date function was added later, the new model was called "date submariner"

You‘re right but nowadays if you like to have a Rolex submariner no date, you have to say that explicitly. Otherwise the AD will present you the submariner date, right?
Thinks have unfortunately changed.

Reactions: HG 2000

Rxwatch

Horology Curious
10/9/19
With the VSF no dates not being available, has anyone gotten the CF and had the crown guards shaped by a modder? Wonder if that would help get closer to gen. I feel like some of the other issues (ie grittiness of the winding) can be fixed via servicing.

Last edited:

2fast4lust

Sexpert HorLanLogist
Patron
16/7/21
Dr. Miller's Planet
Thank you for the close and clear shots of the two different factories! Great one stop place to compare between the two. VSF seems to have a better overall finish as compared to CF.

On the bracelet issue you noticed, do bathe them in baby oil for at least 1 hour and then rinse it off gently with soap. your bracelet will feel a world of difference - smoother and also less scratchy and squeky sounds. But please remember to wrap the case up in paper towels or a cloth to prevent any accidental oil spills.

Cheers and enjoy both the watches! :)

rolley

9/9/16
CT
Has anyone found an in-stock VSF No date Sub? I guess JTime has the CF now in-stock? Would it be worth it to pull the trigger to get a CF? This would be my first rep.

andreiionut

16/12/16
🌏
Has anyone found an in-stock VSF No date Sub? I guess JTime has the CF now in-stock? Would it be worth it to pull the trigger to get a CF? This would be my first rep.

You cannot find it anywhere, people even say that they won't be back in the business ever. Also the 114060 from VSF is rare, as it was only one batch before they got raided. You can find the CF tho.
Someone suggested me that I could get the CF and franken it with gen crystal and gen insert and it would be better, but those CG's are a big turn off for me, also the movement on VSF is way better from what owners are stating, I'm curious if setting the time is opposite via crown as gen for both of them tho. If someone could clarify that it would be great.

Reactions: rolley

c.dimitri

24/11/19
You cannot find it anywhere, people even say that they won't be back in the business ever. Also the 114060 from VSF is rare, as it was only one batch before they got raided. You can find the CF tho.
Someone suggested me that I could get the CF and franken it with gen crystal and gen insert and it would be better, but those CG's are a big turn off for me, also the movement on VSF is way better from what owners are stating, I'm curious if setting the time is opposite via crown as gen for both of them tho. If someone could clarify that it would be great.

FYI: setting time on my CF no date works like ...
https://youtu.be/jZId6EzHb-Y

Reactions: rolley

Nassim

16/2/20
Anyone knows if the CG has been updated on the last batches from CF ?
What about the 3130 clone on CF no date ? Is it a real 3139 clone or 3135 ?

Stardust9

Known Member
21/8/21
I would also appreciate your guys feedback...

Planning to franken a Sub 14060 with Gen dial, bezel, crystal and hands.

Was planning to do so with a VSF, but really challenging to find one - even preowned.
If you have a hint or rec for someone who wants to get rid of his/hers, hit me up. :)

Other than that I am not sure if the ARF (CGs looks better, supposed to have better bracelets?) is superior to the Clean Factory (better movement?, supposedly fake watches delivered lately).

What would you recommend in terms of the basis, considering the Gen parts I will use?

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19

Was planning to do so with a VSF, but really challenging to find one - even preowned.
If you have a hint or rec for someone who wants to get rid of his/hers, hit me up. :)

Other than that I am not sure if the ARF (CGs looks better, supposed to have better bracelets?) is superior to the Clean Factory (better movement?, supposedly fake watches delivered lately).

What would you recommend in terms of the basis, considering the Gen parts I will use?

I would use Noob as base.

I did it on CF base but it was kind of accidental.

Reactions: DR Russell

Mark1937

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
25/3/17

FRANKEN SUBMARINER 114060

Base Noob V10 (great case with correct engravings 114060)

ARF bracelet

Gen Dial Chromalight new (latest version fat font)

Gen Hands Chromalight new

Gen Crystal new

Gen Bezel

Gen Insert Chromalight like new

Gen Crown

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
FRANKEN SUBMARINER 114060

Base Noob V10 (great case with correct engravings 114060)

ARF bracelet

Gen Dial Chromalight new (latest version fat font)

Gen Hands Chromalight new

Gen Crystal new

Gen Bezel

Gen Insert Chromalight like new

Gen Crown

CF base (accidental had to fix badly built franken and that's what I had)

ARF bracelet (brushed gen spec)

Gen crystal

Gen dial (circa 2016 model)

Gen hands

Gen insert

Gen autowind module

Gen bracelet links

Gen click springs

Gen crown (waiting installation)

IMG-5207.jpg

IMG-5310.jpg

IMG-5304.jpg

rolley

9/9/16
CT
Ordered a CF no-date from Li just waiting for QC email form Lana. Cant wait! Might have to Franken it? lol

Reactions: DR Russell

audiwt

25/5/18
Hello, could someone tell me, if the CleanFactory have the correct engraving 114060?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Kalev007

I'm Pretty Popular
25/6/19
Hello, could someone tell me, if the CleanFactory have the correct engraving 114060?

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

The early ones did not have not sure about the current ones.