• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Daytona, Running the Cosmograph Continuously

VaderTime

9/10/17
We all know that the noob has made a great 4130 clone movement with a working chronograph and I mainly use it from time to time to just make sure that it is still working lol. I was just wondering the other day, how many members on here, or if any have been running their Cosmograph continuously to mimic the movement of the large second hand (I know, redundant). If so, has it been working properly throughout the entire course? Any issues with the movement or premature services needed? Let me know your experiences :D

p.s. this is just a thought :rolleyes:

Reactions: GottaHave

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
I did once or twice while wearing it (mine does not get much wrist) and I enjoyed the difference in appearance of the dail without the static hand. Someone told me not to then someone else laughed at him so to be fair I'm not sure if you should or shouldn't. Logic would say it puts unnecessary use/stress on the movement, but then the movement was meant to be used and not using it could cause issues too long term. There are arguments for and against so I would just please yourself and if it malfunctions, get it serviced.

Reactions: repreg123

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
It’s a good way to find out whether your 4130 was screwed together on a day when the chickens were out in the yard and the factory had been given a quick sweep, or they were inside running around the assembly line. Bear in mind that if you run it and it shakes all the feathers and chicken poo loose, then getting it fixed and serviced will cost upwards of £160, due to its complexity. But following that, you’ll have the peace of mind to use your chrono freely.

Or you’ll be like me, and still not want to take the risk...

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
For 'me' the entire theory that factories are chicken coops and substandard conditions is 100% BS. Has ANYONE here gone to the factories?

There is NO WAY in hell these factories are the cess pits people go on about. Have at look at what they manufacturer, micro parts and excellent polished products etc....

What 'I believe' is, bad and faulty parts are still sent out for sale to try it to get some money regardless. Even if 1 item sold it's still money to them instead of putting it in the trash
and getting nothing at all.

Let's see ANY legitimate pics of the factories to see REALLY what's going on as I call BS on what's being regularly said about it all.

Last edited:
Reactions: Yadda Yadda

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
I think I have a new hobby - following GottaHave round so I can reply with LOL.

The funny thing is, I ain't laughing.

Have you got any pics to share?

It's tiring to continually hear people defending said factories for trying to take money for inconsistent goods with no posted evidence to share for their blind support.

It's a very simple request, let's all see some evidence.

Truth, with supporting evidence, is always the loudest sound.

Reactions: Yadda Yadda

Tobel

Put Some Respect On My Name
6/7/17
The funny thing is, I ain't laughing.

Have you got any pics to share?

It's tiring to continually hear people defending said factories for trying to take money for inconsistent goods with no posted evidence to share for their blind support.

It's a very simple request, let's all see some evidence.

Truth, with supporting evidence, is always the loudest sound.

Dude there's dozens of examples of rep movements with dirt, lack of oil, dust, and even pubic hairs!

So it's true they don't assemble these movements in caves with bats taking shits above them, but there's a difference between a not some clean warehouse and Rolex's sterile assembly lines.

By the way your argument goes both ways. What proof do you have that these movements are assembled in good conditions?

You've been around for.just a few months, so maybe you want to take it easy a little? Otherwise you're gonna get a lot of LOLs on these kind of posts

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
I’ve spent my whole life pondering what words of wisdom I would like to get tattooed in gothic script across my chest. I think my search for something suitably profound is finally over.

Oh, also... LOL.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That'll be $100 thank you.

LOL? KMA and like it.

GottaHave

Known Member
28/12/20
Dude there's dozens of examples of rep movements with dirt, lack of oil, dust, and even pubic hairs!

So it's true they don't assemble these movements in caves with bats taking shits above them, but there's a difference between a not some clean warehouse and Rolex's sterile assembly lines.

By the way your argument goes both ways. What proof do you have that these movements are assembled in good conditions?

You've been around for.just a few months, so maybe you want to take it easy a little? Otherwise you're gonna get a lot of LOLs on these kind of posts

Seriously with the above?

Have YOU got pics to dispute my assertion as it is I, who has initially asked and not you. You prove me incorrect first and then it's my turn.

LOL? Only children post with LOL in 2021.

Keep LOLing as it's me laughing at you.

Reactions: Jammydodger79

Voodoojar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/9/15
The Noob a4130 are really well made for what they are, a $200 counterfeit movement. Ive serviced many probably close to 40 a4130s and none have come from the factory lubricated correctly. None of them are treated with Epilame. There's always a-lot of oil and grease in the wrong places or none where there should be. But I feel the weakest point in the a4130 is the clutch module. It powers the chronograph complication and it often fails on the a4130. When it fails you'll start to see the long chronograph seconds no reset correctly or stutter. Technically the vert clutch should be able to be rebuilt but Ive never been able to fix a broken clone clutch.

Last edited:

VaderTime

9/10/17
The Noob a4130 are really well made for what they are, a $200 counterfeit movement. Ive serviced many probably close to 40 a4130s and none have come from the factory lubricated correctly. None of them are treated with Epilame. There's always a-lot of oil and grease in the wrong places or none where there should be. But I feel the weakest point in the a4130 is the clutch module. It powers the chronograph complication and it often fails on the a4130. When it fails you'll start to see the long chronograph seconds no reset correctly or stutter. Technically the vert clutch should be able to be rebuilt but Ive never been able to fix a broken clone clutch.

I don’t normally service them unless it’s a franken, since it’s already there, might as well. My noob v3 has been running for a year without issues or service (chrono not running). We’ll see how long it’ll last or when noob release a better version lol

Tobel

6/7/17
Seriously with the above?

Have YOU got pics to dispute my assertion as it is I, who has initially asked and not you. You prove me incorrect first and then it's my turn.

Keep LOLing as it's me laughing at you.

I just realized that you're a troll. I should have known earlier. My bad

Reactions: P..DR..D

Tobel

6/7/17
Put some effort in and check all my posts, I'm clearly not a troll.

Truth is, what I wrote is true & you own it.

Thanks for confirming, it makes things clearer for everyone
​​​​​

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK

PMSL

(Is that more grown up?)

Reactions: mech500

mech500

Mythical Poster
6/4/12
UK
Movements are well made but you start checking the chrono function here and there and I bet money that within 6-18months, one day the chrono won’t start or stop properly...and you’re staring down the barrel of a 200 bill for service.

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Reactions: Mc Queen