• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Brand new GMF DateJust 41 126233 SA3235 stopped working a day after receiving it

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
Can still set the time and the date, but the movement just died suddenly while setting the time. Winding via the crown or gently shaking the watch does nothing.

Already have an email out to my dealer (JTime) but does anyone have any suggestions in the meantime to try to get it up and running?

Reactions: PRYM8

jkrw247

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/21
Is there any tension on the crown when you wind the watch?

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
Is there any tension on the crown when you wind the watch?

Yes, there is tension when winding the watch in position 1, but only when the crown is able to catch the proper gears. At least half the time, position 1 doesn't catch the proper gears and actually changes the date. It takes a lot of finicking with it to get it to wind the tension and even more finicking with it to get it to screw back into position 0 (which almost always ends up changing the date, as well). The crown was a pain in the ass right out of the box. I've had a gen rolex for almost two decades and am familiar with how the crown SHOULD function, and the crown on this rep definitely doesn't function as normal. Never had a similar issue with my gen so am a loss as to what can be done besides sending it back.

Reactions: PRYM8

McPwn

21/9/20
Did you ever fix this? Was possibly looking into GMF DJ as VSF is unavailable now. How is everything else with the watch?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Patricdeen

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
Did you ever fix this? Was possibly looking into GMF DJ as VSF is unavailable now. How is everything else with the watch?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

No, not yet. I've contacted numerous watchsmiths in my area and all of them have essentially said they don't work on replicas, but I will end up sending it out to someone from the forums once I can get a damn reply (seems like every forum servicer is completely backlogged). Everything else with the watch is beautiful. Since making this thread, I've seen that the SA3235 movement is apparently prone to issues like mine given that the crown is supposedly too short.

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
Update: TD provided me with funds to fix the movement and I got it serviced and fully fixed. Everything working properly now.

Reactions: KJ2020

bangbang

Known Member
29/11/14
Update: TD provided me with funds to fix the movement and I got it serviced and fully fixed. Everything working properly now.

what exactly was required to fix the watch ? i have the same movement and it winds from the rotor but not from the crown.

serumdiesel

Madman
17/3/21
what exactly was required to fix the watch ? i have the same movement and it winds from the rotor but not from the crown.

Wish I could tell you but I have no idea. I just took it to a watchsmith and got it fixed. Think it cost me like $150 or something.