• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

I made custom Daytona

Voodoojar

Banned member, the goat does not approve
Banned
6/9/15
Here is the new Daytona I made.
I've been wanted to build a few custom Daytonas that are not straight replicas and this is the first. I have more fun building these. I've been experimenting with new case shapes and finishes and did glass bead blasting to the case and bracelet with mirror polished beveling. I've also been experimenting with infusing ceramic with lume then hardening in the kilm. After doing about 10 bezels I've found the right mix that produces a very hard and permanent finish that looks good in the sun but also has a very bright glow in the dark. I decided I wanted to have a display case back as well So I fully build up the 4130 movement only leaving the Noob main plate. The main plate needed to be modified to fit the rolex train bridge and the jewel must be replaced to use the liga second wheel.

I'm very happy with how it has turned out and will wear it for awhile.

Z7GJDk.jpg

Z7G09Y.jpg

Z7YfZS.jpg

Z7YEnP.jpg

Z7Y7hJ.jpg

Z7YY94.jpg

Z7YWTR.jpg

Z7YUqL.jpg

Z7Y5DQ.jpg

Z7Y2KP.jpg

Z7YjbD.jpg

Z7OVMn.jpg

Z7Of0p.jpg

Z7O7gX.jpg

Z7Ou1I.jpg

Z7OrEP.jpg

Z7O6eo.jpg

Z7OOcs.jpg

P..DR..D

- Pátrún Bródúil -
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
Looks beautiful, that bezel is just unreal, the luminesence off it, just wow.

Well wear.

Kielxx

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
8/8/20
Stunning! I love lumed bezel !

Last edited:

Star70

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
19/1/20
Crazy and stunning at the same time,congrats on a beautifull piece

p0pperini

patr0n h0arder
Gold Patron
Certified
29/1/19
UK
Absolutely stunning work Voodoojar - Bravo! I really love the lumed bezel. The fusion of classic and modern components, and that refinished case - it all looks perfect.

If it was mine, I'm not sure I'd have gone for the jubilee bracelet - I love the jubilee but I don't associate it with the Daytona. But hey, that's a purely personal thing, and there's no doubt that the bracelet adds even more of a custom look to the piece. So, again, congratulations on creating such an effective on-off!

Reactions: GingerBubba

tortuga368

Supporter
Certified
8/5/20
One of the COOLEST things I’ve ever seen! Just awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Voodoojar

Banned
6/9/15
Absolutely stunning work Voodoojar - Bravo! I really love the lumed bezel. The fusion of classic and modern components, and that refinished case - it all looks perfect.

If it was mine, I'm not sure I'd have gone for the jubilee bracelet - I love the jubilee but I don't associate it with the Daytona. But hey, that's a purely personal thing, and there's no doubt that the bracelet adds even more of a custom look to the piece. So, again, congratulations on creating such an effective on-off!

I've had to order a different Jubilee because this one doesn't fit well. I drilled out the SEL holes to fit it and now there is a lot of gap. I think the Daytona needs a 63600. I have an oyster bracelet I bead blasted as well but was planning to use it on the next one I'm working on.

Rich883

You're Saying I Can Sell?
Certified
22/8/18
Very nice, love the bezel! Caseback is also very nice.

ZMCoupe

Known Member
Supporter
Certified
5/3/21
Wow that bezel is beautiful! I like the open case back as well!

That’s is great work! Look forward to seeing what you do next :)

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
Great build! Was the dial from watchesparts.com?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Voodoojar

Banned
6/9/15
Great build! Was the dial from watchesparts.com?

It's not but from the same factory, they do have a very similar one. I got this one without markers and coronet and added white gold ones to it. Im having another made now to replace this one with big red daytona added.

Last edited:
Reactions: philwongnz

philwongnz

I'm Pretty Popular
27/1/14
It's not but from the same factory, they do have a very similar one. I got this one without markers and coronet and added white gold ones to it. Im having another made now to replace this one with big red daytona added.
I see.. I would prefer without daytona on it. Or even making this as a solo