Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I made custom Daytona

Here is the new Daytona I made.
    I've been wanted to build a few custom Daytonas that are not straight replicas and this is the first. I have more fun building these. I've been experimenting with new case shapes and finishes and did glass bead blasting to the case and bracelet with mirror polished beveling. I've also been experimenting with infusing ceramic with lume then hardening in the kilm. After doing about 10 bezels I've found the right mix that produces a very hard and permanent finish that looks good in the sun but also has a very bright glow in the dark. I decided I wanted to have a display case back as well So I fully build up the 4130 movement only leaving the Noob main plate. The main plate needed to be modified to fit the rolex train bridge and the jewel must be replaced to use the liga second wheel.

I'm very happy with how it has turned out and will wear it for awhile.

Looks beautiful, that bezel is just unreal, the luminesence off it, just wow.

Well wear.
    'Take care to get what you like, or you will be forced to like what you get'

Comment

Stunning! I love lumed bezel !
      Last edited by Kielxx; 13-04-21, 13:08.

Comment

Crazy and stunning at the same time,congrats on a beautifull piece

Comment

Absolutely stunning work Voodoojar - Bravo! I really love the lumed bezel. The fusion of classic and modern components, and that refinished case - it all looks perfect.

If it was mine, I'm not sure I'd have gone for the jubilee bracelet - I love the jubilee but I don't associate it with the Daytona. But hey, that's a purely personal thing, and there's no doubt that the bracelet adds even more of a custom look to the piece. So, again, congratulations on creating such an effective on-off!
          FrankenSubs!
          Subs!
          Daytonas!
          Seamasters!
          A 1675 Adventure
          A Budget 6538 build

Comment

One of the COOLEST things I’ve ever seen! Just awesome!!!

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

Awesome work mate! Well done!

Comment

Originally posted by p0pperini View Post
                Absolutely stunning work Voodoojar - Bravo! I really love the lumed bezel. The fusion of classic and modern components, and that refinished case - it all looks perfect.

If it was mine, I'm not sure I'd have gone for the jubilee bracelet - I love the jubilee but I don't associate it with the Daytona. But hey, that's a purely personal thing, and there's no doubt that the bracelet adds even more of a custom look to the piece. So, again, congratulations on creating such an effective on-off!
                I've had to order a different Jubilee because this one doesn't fit well. I drilled out the SEL holes to fit it and now there is a lot of gap. I think the Daytona needs a 63600. I have an oyster bracelet I bead blasted as well but was planning to use it on the next one I'm working on.

Comment

What a beauty! What pusher did you use for this build?

Sent from my iPhone using RWI

Comment

Sent from the RWI mobile app

Comment

Very nice, love the bezel! Caseback is also very nice.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiko Corleone View Post

Sent from the RWI mobile app
                        They mark 3 pushers from a 6263 that I had to modify to fit this case.
                        Last edited by Voodoojar; 13-04-21, 15:31.

Comment

Very very cool! I really like that lume bezel
                          Selling Gen Daytona 116500 bezel.

Comment

Wow that bezel is beautiful! I like the open case back as well!

That’s is great work! Look forward to seeing what you do next

Comment

Great build! Was the dial from watchesparts.com?

Sent from my SM-N976B using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X