• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A New Special Material Built Submariner Will Be Released Soon!

johnlogan

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
18/12/15
IMHO not too keen on those fantasy builds. Looks cool but ill pass.

Reactions: GottaHave

YellowFin

Not pretty, hardly popular
28/1/20
Molvania
jtimewatch can we know the name of the factory please? Or should we stick to the name very HOT factory ?

Another rep of a Rolex cooperation with a hipster watch blog or Artisans de Geneve?

ZvRqIP.gif

Last edited:

orangegrünlila

Known Member
1/12/18
EU
Please let it be TUNGSTEN... that would be the first YG/RG rep with an appropriate weight and I think this would result in enormous sales, since the weight is the most biggest flaw of YG RG etc reps...

Gesendet von iPhone mit Tapatalk

Reactions: molivio

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Please let it be TUNGSTEN... that would be the first YG/RG rep with an appropriate weight and I think this would result in enormous sales, since the weight is the most biggest flaw of YG RG etc reps...

If you saw my VSF 116618 you may retract that statement! Colour is infinitely more important than weight in this instance.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17

Tungsten is expensive, hard to machine and even harder to electroplate. A tungsten rep is NEVER going to happen.

golfa

6/8/17
New Zealand
Completely agree on this mate. Weight is 0 important. In fact the lighter the better.

Agreed. I made the mistake of wearing my rep Omega Planet Ocean (with steel strap) on a 17 hour flight. It lasted less than an hour on my wrist and spent the rest of the flight in my pocket. It felt like I'd strapped a brick to my wrist. My Submariner is still the most comfortable watch I've worn apart from perhaps a Swatch I bought in the 1980s. Although I could leave my Swatch on my bedside table. It "ticked" so loudly, I had to put in in a drawer !

Reactions: Cadows

StreetFighter

Insert Coin
4/9/20
Given the crown has LED's in it, its' plastic, the watch is plastic? It's another one of these type abortions ..?

Reactions: mari115

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
Supporter
18/1/17
jtimewatch

Come on, dude. The teaser dropped 2 days ago now.

We've had suggestions of carbon, gold, tungsten and LED's (for goodness sakes...)

If you don't offer up something more, it's going to crash into disappointment! (especially if its Noob)

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Its definitely going to be carbon isnt it. Tungsten makes no sense, yeah its heavy but its one of the hardest materials to machine, hence cutting bits on machines are made from tungsten carbide. If its solid gold and they lumed the bezel, thats just crazy. Judging by noobs recent carbon daytona, smart money is on a diw or similar noob carbon sub. I dont think the ques will be too long....