• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

A New Special Material Built Submariner Will Be Released Soon!

midnight_pasty

Known Member
11/6/17
my guess is vrf full carbon sub with the skeleton movement from the artisans de geneve sub.

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
I find it wonderfully ironic to read all of these ideas and guesses while being criticized in other threads for posting things I "don't know".
Fantastic flair.

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Its definitely going to be carbon isnt it. Tungsten makes no sense, yeah its heavy but its one of the hardest materials to machine, hence cutting bits on machines are made from tungsten carbide. If its solid gold and they lumed the bezel, thats just crazy. Judging by noobs recent carbon daytona, smart money is on a diw or similar noob carbon sub. I dont think the ques will be too long....

I think it will be carbon as well. I don't like it as a watch material - it feels flimsy and cheap.

I find it wonderfully ironic to read all of these ideas and guesses while being criticized in other threads for posting things I "don't know".

The difference is that in this thread people speculate because no one knows yet.

You get criticized for posting random nonsense long after the facts have already been established.

Last edited:
Reactions: QueTip

derjenigewelcher

Watch Enthusiast
Supporter
Certified
22/11/20
Switzerland
Self-reflection would only be possible without narcissistic personality disorder. Please do not take it personally, but you and other members cannot expect to know EVERYTHING correctly. If you apologize and say sorry, I was wrong with my statement, it has to be good.
POINT.

And BTT:

Carbon or sterling silver would be awesome.

Dr Fun Socks

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
28/2/17
Self-reflection would only be possible without narcissistic personality disorder. Please do not take it personally, but you and other members cannot expect to know EVERYTHING correctly. If you apologize and say sorry, I was wrong with my statement, it has to be good.
POINT.

And BTT:

Carbon or sterling silver would be awesome.

It will be carbon. Whats the point in making a watch from sterling silver? Its softer and tarnishes much easier than stainless steel, yet looks almost identical to some alloys of steel. The factory is guess work, im just saying noob because they made the carbon daytona recently.

molivio

I'm Pretty Popular
Supporter
Certified
19/10/15
You sure it isn't simply better coating for the blakens ????

QueTip

Super Duper Galactic NutSwinging BootyGrabbin Mod
Staff member
Global Moderator
Certified
3/6/14
Are you done then or do you really need that timeout?

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Meh. it's a fantasy watch anyway. Most likely in lightweight, toy-like carbon. It will be out when it's out.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
Meh. it's a fantasy watch anyway. Most likely in lightweight, toy-like carbon. It will be out when it's out.

Would love to get a carbon sub / daytona with a sterile dial, would be a great sporty watch to use everyday without the "weight" of it being a replica. I wonder if you could somehow custom order a sterile dial, and by that i mean without the "ROLEX" writings and logos on it

Last edited:
Reactions: Tijdwijzer