• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Will this tidy up ?

iang27

4/12/15
UK
I have always bought new or excellent condition watches but I was considering this watch which has a few marks.
Can these gouges be polished/filed out and the case tidied up ?

Turbo350z

I'm Pretty Popular
9/1/13
What rep is that? Have a pic of whole watch? I see a rivet bracelet so that watch would be 40+ years old. But the pearl is from a newer sub.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

iang27

4/12/15
UK
I don’t have full pictures but it’s a TC v4 LV with gen LN insert and a rivet bracelet, not sure if it’s old or off a Tudor.

rwacc

Known Member
17/1/21
The rivet bracelet looks like a good rep rivet, of which there are two I know of: ruby and the ones tripdog (I think) uses. The latter is more expensive. Not sure which one this may be.

As for the scratches/light gouges, hopefully someone with more experience chimes in. Never done it myself. But imo everything looks superficial so easy to polish off, though it might be expensive to fill in the two light gouges using something like laser welding (and to me, there's no need for that anyway)

Last edited:

iang27

4/12/15
UK
Things always look worse in a photo, even new watches look scratched at times so a little brushing and some cape cod may get it decent.
I would try and source an LV insert for it I think

alligoat

I'm Pretty Popular
Patron
Certified
17/3/06
I'd get a 92350 bracelet and maybe do a little bit of polishing. But beyond that, the TC watch looks ok as far as I'm concerned- it's a used watch.