• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

New Rolex 2021 Models

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
As for the Rolex 2021 lineup, I think Rolex hit it out the park! Especially the Explorer going classic 36mm and the two-tone is beautiful. Explorer II refinement! Batman and Pepsi once again available on oyster!! Fluted dial on DateJust!! Skydweller two tone jubilee! My vote for best of show is the Explorer 36mm two-tone.

ZvPx8c.jpg

This is gorgeous!!!!

Updog

18/7/19
Love the meteorite daytona and 36mm explorer with 3230 movement.
Hoping VSF starts making 36mm cased reps with their 32XX movements

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Also, definitely wasn’t ready to see this.
I love the Jubilee, not sure how I feel about this option yet.

It's a nice option but last I checked new blue dial Skydwellers were selling for almost $30K up from $20K just a year ago. So these are never going to be available to most of us except as a rep.

BTW new TTs are mostly selling for retail so pretty easy choice there really.

rabl253

Supporter
Certified
1/2/19
As for the Rolex 2021 lineup, I think Rolex hit it out the park! Especially the Explorer going classic 36mm and the two-tone is beautiful.

Could not disagree with you more. This two tone explorer I is a heinous crime against design, probably the greatest crime in design since ... Rolex decided to put two batons on the OP and make it 41mm. That watch is puke-in-your-mouth ugly.

The only good looking two tone watch ever made is the root beer GMT, and that's because the rest of the watch is also varying shades of brown-gold color.

36mm explorer is a good thing, it'll be the only stainless steel sports watch R makes at this point which will properly fit smaller wrists, so I support it.

I REALLY like the new dial variations on the 36mm datejust. The blue one they're calling 'fluted' (very confusing since bezels are also fluted on datejusts, anyways...) - I hope that one of the rep factories takes a stab at that dial. It's gorgeous. I could see myself wearing that.

I was surprised they did so little to the Explorer II - big 50 year anniversary, and all they did was a movement update? dang, talk about the unloved redheaded stepchild

I agree with others that offering oyster bracelets as an option on the steel GMTs hurts the value of the white-gold BLRO. I think the pepsi actually looks better on jubilee, but the batman looks better on Oyster.

Anyway, it was a much more interesting release this year than last year, that's for sure

EunosMX5

Known Member
14/2/19
If Noob could get the gold color right on this (they haven’t on previous Daytonas), it’s an instant buy from me

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
I'm in love with the Daytona.
I smell oascom prepping a meteorite dial in his kitchen :hehehe:

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
The new meteorite Daytona dials suffer too much space lost (no pun intended) to all the black subdials IMO.

The meteorite dial is so beautiful and ancient it deserves to be displayed in it's full size glory.

Zv7JO4.jpg

Pic below borrowed from Tony Clifton (You got a really nice one bro - some of the best parts of that dial are in the subdial spaces)
ZsGZRb.jpg

Going to order one of these very soon.

Last edited:

SuperLory

Well-Known Repist
22/10/15
2 very different watches which do not mutually exclude one another.

Gold and black is the most ancient luxury combination and i think they nailed it there

Dissemination

Renowned Member
15/6/19
San Jose, CA
Though this rolex release is a slap in the face of many gen owners, those with:
1. explorer 2 42mm old version
2. white gold BLRO - the only one to have an oyster bracelet before
3. old 36mm explorer 1
4. batman

This ^^^

Being one of these people... after staying up til 3am just to watch the new Explorer II drop with some *actual* changes, and hoping for that infamous polar dial explorer 1 would finally pop up, and then seeing the SAME FUCKING EXPLORER II despite how many times I refreshed the damn screen... then seeing that the 39mm was discontinued in favor of a 36, THEN slapping me right in the dick with a goddamn f*cking two tone... and then seeing their GMT options on Oyster... well, I literally had a bitch fit. By myself. And my cats. They were scared. They know if I say "you have to be f*cking kidding me" two times in a row, I'm about to act like a toddler who gets cheerios instead of fruit loops.. Its kinda embarrassing lol.

ANYWAYS... once I got over myself, and got over the obvious on-the-nose affront that Rolex pulled with their Explorer BS, I had a good chuckle. Then realized if Rolex is now offering four iterations of the steel GMTs, and adding Jubilee options for the Skydweller, I actually think Rolex is kinda saying fuck you to the grey market flippers AND is actually going to produce more steel watches that the people want. Because yes I actually have a mostly benevolent view of Rolex. I can dig it.

And the meteorite dial on the daytona??? Oh my goodness gosh almighty :beef: LOVE IT!

And then Tudor coming out with the new Chronos and the new BB58 and BB41... well, I think those are all just straight up "rad." I for one am actually excited about what the future holds. My 2 cents.

Ps, not even directing this at you any more rwacc lol I'm just ranting and talking to myself

nucorno

You're Saying I Can Sell?
10/9/17
The new meteorite Daytona dials suffer too much space lost (no pun intended) to all the black subdials IMO.

The meteorite dial is so beautiful and ancient it deserves to be displayed in it's full size glory.

Zv7JO4.jpg

Pic below borrowed from Tony Clifton (You got a really nice one bro - some of the best parts of that dial are in the subdial spaces)
ZsGZRb.jpg

Going to order one of these very soon.

I think we'll be seeing the new Daytonas from NOOB family quickly given that they are the only ones on the market with a true meteorite dial. I love what they've gone with the above model. Hope they just get the color right on the gold.

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
I think we'll be seeing the new Daytonas from NOOB family quickly given that they are the only ones on the market with a true meteorite dial. I love what they've gone with the above model. Hope they just get the color right on the gold.

I won't ever buy Noob "gold" again. The top layer of plating came off on some tape I put on the bracelet to protect it while regulating it. This was before ever wearing the watch.

bj9dL.jpg

bj1IQ.jpg

Noob RG is especially bad, I've seen many posts showing early plating wear.

Another post about Noob YG Daytona plating issues

Post 84

https://forum.replica-watch.info/fo...aytona-paul-newman-gold?p=9015980#post9015980

Of course YMMV. I have some BP "gold" reps also and have not had these kinds of issues.

diamonds

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
17/3/21
Could not disagree with you more. This two tone explorer I is a heinous crime against design, probably the greatest crime in design since ...

Anyway, it was a much more interesting release this year than last year, that's for sure

The Explorer 36mm two-tone is the main focus on Rolex.com pop up and receiving positive buzz over the internet from people who are actually buy Gen Rolex. You may think it's heinous now, but give it time and I'm sure you'll warm up to how beautiful that Explorer two-tone is. I noticed immediately and that's a Rolex that I plan on buying in Gen.

You're right, the 2021 Rolex unveiling was much much better than last year and even much better than many previous years. Rolex outdid themselves this year because it was a new show. Things may even be better next year when live attendees will be present.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
Its possible Rolex will be releasing more watches. They left space for one more Explorer II special edition and another Explorer !.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
In it for the 36 VSF explorer

Couldn’t agree more. I completely forgot about the release as I had a really busy week. Come today and I stumbled upon a video from Adrian at Bark & Jack saying “the king is back - 36mm Explorer” and I almost spilled my coffee. I hope the factories are on it soon!

My only worry / concern is what am I going to do with my genuine 36mm Black Bay now, hahaha.

Reactions: Lariram and KJ2020