• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Rolex April 7th Release tease.

Jammydodger79

15/10/18
Rolex have dropped a short teaser pointing to something new on April 7th.
The clip points to an updated Explorer.
Could we see a ceramic bezel?
Any other ideas as to what may be coming?
A good Explorer 2 polar would round out my collection nicely.
I had hoped that the newer clone GMT movements would make a move into the Explorer 2, but seems not to have happened yet.
Here's hoping the new release will kickstart demand.

Article

mpx

I'm Pretty Popular
6/2/20
Austria
I already started a topic for that earlier today: https://forum.replica-watch.info/forum/rolex-tudor-replicas/9788038-2021-explorer-2

My guess was also a new Explorer 2 with ceramic bezel and new movement. From Tudor a Coke GMT.
I think some models will also be discontinued. My guess would be either the Airking or Milgauss, but I'm leaning more towards the Airking as I don't really see it fitting into the portfolio.

Reactions: Jammydodger79

Duckber

I'm Pretty Popular
16/8/19
What separates the explorer 2 from its peers is the brushed stainless bezel. A ceramic insert would just make it look like every other watch rolex makes. It would lose its personality in my opinion. Every watch having ceramic is boring.

rcom440

Put Some Respect On My Name
10/11/12
USA
What separates the explorer 2 from its peers is the brushed stainless bezel. A ceramic insert would just make it look like every other watch rolex makes. It would lose its personality in my opinion. Every watch having ceramic is boring.

im 99% sure it will have ceramic bezel. That’s what they did to Daytona. If you increase exposure in that video you can see black bezel with platinum filled numerals.
I’m curious if they do any changes to explorer 1. Perhaps 40mm... or 41mm and just added coronet at 6 o’clock - gray market price $20K ;)

Last edited:

Silverg

I'm Pretty Popular
8/11/08
Us
That case profile from 00:02 - 00:03 looks extra sleek. It's definitely a sports watch from the crown guards and high crystal.
No pushers, so we know its not a complicated watch.
The crown has a single line, so that means it is a SS/YG TT watch. Strangely though, the crown is not colored. It looks SS.
The scenery of skies, mountains etc hint at an Explorer.
Maxi hands + indices and fliplock claso also indicate a sports model.

What could it be?!

Reactions: Tijdwijzer

Tijdwijzer

Renowned Member
24/11/20
Europe
ZuBuWQ.jpg

It's probably a new explorer as I see a cyclops.
ZuB4dW.jpg

Last edited:

SHB

Mythical Poster
31/10/18
Earth
April 7th Rolex releases new models
April 8th VSF fire the rep machine
:hehehe:

Swiss_goupil

Put Some Respect On My Name
Patron
Certified
7/12/19
Last Kingdom
Ceramic or not I could not care less. As long as this pushes the factories to deliver a better and improved Explorer II, one can always revert to steel bezel if he/she want

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: catana1981

rwacc

Known Member
17/1/21
Ceramic or not I could not care less. As long as this pushes the factories to deliver a better and improved Explorer II, one can always revert to steel bezel if he/she want

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Given the likely change in midcase, I don't think parts will be interchangeable. But it would be good if they were, otherwise maybe aftermarket will come in.

GMTlover

27/12/12
Rolex have dropped a short teaser pointing to something new on April 7th.
The clip points to an updated Explorer.
Could we see a ceramic bezel?
Any other ideas as to what may be coming?
A good Explorer 2 polar would round out my collection nicely.
I had hoped that the newer clone GMT movements would make a move into the Explorer 2, but seems not to have happened yet.
Here's hoping the new release will kickstart demand.

Article

It’s the anniversary explorer

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elno38

Renowned Member
Supporter
Certified
30/7/19
EU
This is just meh... hoped for some visual update on the EXP II ...