• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 16610 LV

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
I would also suggest to open a ticket with RWI staff, explaining this and attaching the pics. Surely they can help with the TD. That bracelet was broken on arrival, shouldn’t be acceptable.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Your pics are fantastic! I wish I had a perfect untouched ARF bracelet and clasp to give you so much. I actually think you were so sweet and modest with describing what it’s been like that i hadn’t realised your bracelet was feeling like this. I’m really unhappy whichever TD it was didn’t offer to work with you to send you a new bracelet and clasp. Glad you made a post about it

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
I don’t agree to open a ticket...not yet. His TD is working with him so let the process flow. Although it’s curious how any TD would ship this example.

I also suggested just asking for a new bracelet and be done. The bezel click spring he can fix...

JaffaCakes

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/21
UK
​​​​Hinclimincli I have emailed TD and asked if it’s possible to send me a replacement bracelet, I will wait to see what he says. He has been very understanding and fairly helpful so far, his best course of action was for me to return the watch to be repaired and then send it back to me.
Kerushi11 Thanks for your kind comments.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Great advice on all three things! Yeah I’d love for OP to ask the TD to send him a new bracelet and clasp first.
Please keep us updated if you have time. :)

Reactions: JaffaCakes

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
I don’t agree to open a ticket...not yet. His TD is working with him so let the process flow. Although it’s curious how any TD would ship this example.

I also suggested just asking for a new bracelet and be done. The bezel click spring he can fix...

iang27

4/12/15
UK
I was sent a few photos of his two ARF watches. The one I posted earlier that doesn’t appear to be an ARF and this one that has the ARF logo.
They both have cracked pearls and the date looks horrendous to me, the 1 looks longer than the 5

JaffaCakes

28/2/21
UK
iang27 The date wheel on my watch isn’t all that bad for ARF, my bezel insert is good for a rep and a good Pearl too, although I do have a gen insert to fit if I can get the bracelet sorted by the TD and then I will look to get a few more gen parts too.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09

You are actually right. I didn’t realise the TD was already working on it, I’m sure it will be sorted.

Reactions: m5smg2

JaffaCakes

28/2/21
UK
TD is saying they can’t send out a replacement bracelet, due to factory charging $195 for it. Best he can do is send out a new clasp if I pay for shipping or send the watch back for repair with me paying shipping both ways! What’s the best course of action now? Thanks

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
iang27 Thanks for the info and pics bro. I'll know now there might be some variation out there with the SH3135 datewheel perhaps, and just to check that out in my QC.. Keen to play with the new ARF with rehaut engraved casehead on a project, so we'll see what's out there soon. Thanks for the heads up).

(Hope OP's TD offers him a new bracelet and clasp for his nice watch. Best of luck for a nice solution)

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
I was sent a few photos of his two ARF watches. The one I posted earlier that doesn’t appear to be an ARF and this one that has the ARF logo.
They both have cracked pearls and the date looks horrendous to me, the 1 looks longer than the 5

You could say the same for the gen date below. The date has the 1 lower than the 5. Look, it’s no shocker ARF dates not perfect, but it could also be the cyclops distortion like on this genuine.

Why are you not buying from our Trusted Dealers?

I would suggest not posting damaged or defective offerings with cracked pearls from non TDs possibly misleading us. Yes your last pic is an ARF but I don’t know who your “TC” seller is (surely it’s not Thomas Candell). Just trying to help :)
35ec9e3e0c67ad2535103b7dc719fd60.png

Last edited:

iang27

4/12/15
UK
You could say the same for the gen date below. The date has the 1 lower than the 5. Look, it’s no shocker ARF dates not perfect, but it could also be the cyclops distortion like on this genuine.

Why are you not buying from our Trusted Dealers?

I would suggest not posting damaged or defective offerings with cracked pearls from non TDs possibly misleading us. Yes your last pic is an ARF but I don’t know who your “TC” seller is (surely it’s not Thomas Candell). Just trying to help :)
35ec9e3e0c67ad2535103b7dc719fd60.png

I only buy from the forum TD’s. Someone I know was on an FB group and saw the watch and asked me what I thought so I asked for more pictures, hence how I managed to get sent the other photo.

As you say, camera angles, cyclops etc can give a false impression. You can never really tell until it’s in your hand.

The TC is a private purchase , not from the forum. Hopefully going to find some gen parts for it.

Cheers

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
@isng27 (not important - but I just had a funny thought about a watch bracelet... So the first pic you’d shared reminded me of an LF factory submariner quite a bit. The second watch had a concrete background and hand cradling the watch outside in the same style as the stock pics those dodgy rep sites reuse for all their pics.
And I don’t know if your friend owns the first watch you’d posted or not, but if he does happen to own it, I’d secretly like to know if there’s a ‘93250’ engraved in the inside of his bracelet on the second link lol. It’s not important at all. So no need to ask at all. Was just curious without wanting to know any other stuff. I’ve started taking an interest in even the things engraved in my bracelet now.... I need to get a new hobby or out of the house, *blush face* lol.)

Think I’ll order my new ARF from TD tomorrow with everyone’s talk of 16610LV models here.

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
TD is saying they can’t send out a replacement bracelet, due to factory charging $195 for it. Best he can do is send out a new clasp if I pay for shipping or send the watch back for repair with me paying shipping both ways! What’s the best course of action now? Thanks

Installing a new clasp on a 5-digit Submariner is not straightforward unless they send it with the link on the 6 o’clock side. And paying for shipping feels like a joke to me as it will be more expensive than the clasp (or take ages to arrive). You could ask for a partial refund maybe and contact ado in UK to fix the bracelet for you. He’s got an impeccable reputation and will surely able to fix it.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Installing a new clasp on a 5-digit Submariner is not straightforward unless they send it with the link on the 6 o’clock side.
Oh aye, here's a pic of my clasp. Following on from what Hinc said, any replacement clasp must include the area I've circled green, for you. I'd imagine it would but that's a great point - just to make sure.
If you try to receive one at all.

That broken rod type area in your bracelets link, are the rod(s?) those type with the cross-section that looks like a star shape a bit, or just cylindrical plain rods?

This bites. I wish the TD would just send you a whole bracelet clasp combo and at most ask for your single postage contribution to ship that brand new piece to you.

Reactions: Hinclimincli

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Oh aye, here's a pic of my clasp. Following on from what Hinc said, any replacement clasp must include the area I've circled green, for you. I'd imagine it would but that's a great point - just to make sure.
If you try to receive one at all.

That broken rod type area in your bracelets link, are the rod(s?) those type with the cross-section that looks like a star shape a bit, or just cylindrical plain rods?

This bites. I wish the TD would just send you a whole bracelet clasp combo and at most ask for your single postage contribution to ship that brand new piece to you.

New clasp (full, with that small link), slow EMS shipping for free (or optional paid express shipping) and a minor refund, would be something I would aim for if I was the OP.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
New clasp (full, with that small link), slow EMS shipping for free (or optional paid express shipping) and a minor refund, would be something I would aim for if I was the OP.
- Oh you're fair man, we like you! That sounded so excellent. (OP copy and paste dat sh!zzle to your TD as a suggestion ;) haha)

That watch rod to be replaced or re-glued at this end for strength and to become a superb solid bracelet again (fun lovely little job) and when OP fancies having the click-spring improved for the bezel rotation to be corrected or better (fun little job).
We need to get OP hooked up with Ado.
Cheers Hinc. :)