• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 16610 LV

JaffaCakes

You're Saying I Can Sell?
28/2/21
UK
iang27 The build quality isn’t very good, TD has asked me to return the watch so the factory can have a go at making it good again. Unfortunately that’s at my cost to return and to have it then sent back to me. If I lose heart with this watch I will give you a shout about bezel. :(

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
What the hell is wrong with ARF? this new batch is TRASH!
I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you, but NO ONE should ever buy these pieces of trash from ARF anymore, it's not worth it. The quality is horrendous and getting worse for every new batch.

You can get for the same amount of money other models, better and higher quality pieces. Don't give away your money to ARF.

JaffaCakes

28/2/21
UK
mari115 The one I received is not a good one that’s for sure. I have bought 2 watches m2m recently and the quality of those has been far superior a ZF and VSF. I’m just a bit gutted I’ve got to send it back wasting time that I could have been Frankening it. I suppose we live and learn.

mari115

Put Some Respect On My Name
9/6/18
Nearer than you think
mari115 The one I received is not a good one that’s for sure. I have bought 2 watches m2m recently and the quality of those has been far superior a ZF and VSF. I’m just a bit gutted I’ve got to send it back wasting time that I could have been Frankening it. I suppose we live and learn.

I wouldn't send it back, it's just not worth it time-wise and money-wise , i'd describe exactly what's wrong with it and sell it as a catch & release, you'll withstand a slight loss but trust me, it's way better and way less stressful, just order something else, preferably not from ARF.

JaffaCakes

28/2/21
UK
mari115 Selling could be an option, I can imagine it will be quicker and less stressful. Thanks for the advice.

iang27

4/12/15
UK
I got sent some pictures today from someone not on this forum and I have to say the quality was shocking.
The Pear was cracked and the date was the worst I have ever seen.
The two figures on the date were at different levels and as bold as I have ever seen.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
I got sent some pictures today from someone not on this forum and I have to say the quality was shocking.
The Pear was cracked and the date was the worst I have ever seen.
The two figures on the date were at different levels and as bold as I have ever seen.

Was it the very recent engraved rehaut job or smooth no rehaut ARF you’d seen please?

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
I deleted the date photos so just have this one,

Well for starters, that’s not an ARF insert. So the pearl likely damaged when the bezel insert was changed.

The dial does not look ARF either.

Please share more photos. Curious on the dates and cyclops. Thanks

Last edited:
Reactions: Spoons

JaffaCakes

28/2/21
UK
m5smg2 That looks just like the watch I have just received. Quality isn’t good. It’s sold buy the TC as an ARF 16610lv.

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
m5smg2 That looks just like the watch I have just received. Quality isn’t good. It’s sold buy the TC as an ARF 16610lv.

Regardless if that iang27 one is sold as an ARF, the dial and bezel are not ARF.

Yours is different. It looks stock. It is a rep after all, but yours sound like it has more issues.

Last edited:

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
The ARF 5-digit has a very poor bezel action. The bezel build is actually very decent, though (at least on mine). To fix the bezel action you could try the following:

1. Take the bezel out (there are many tutorials online, it’s easy to do, just be sure to cover whichever tool you use with plastic so you don’t scratch the case).
2. You’ll see a click spring at 1 o’clock. Try bending it just a little bit. The reason your bezel turns both ways is that the click spring is not bent enough and doesn’t stop the bezel.
3. Bezel action. You can try bending the flat retaining ring a little bit. It will leave a bump if you bend it and try to put it flat again, but that bump will keep the bezel less loose.

Now on the bracelet/clasp I’m not sure what you mean. Remember this is a hollow link bracelet, so it does feel like it rattles and it’s falling apart, but it won’t. It’s just made this way. Anyway, a more detailed explanation might help find a possible solution.

Reactions: m5smg2

m5smg2

Mythical Poster
Supporter
Certified
23/8/07
The ARF 5-digit has a very poor bezel action. The bezel build is actually very decent, though (at least on mine). To fix the bezel action you could try the following:

1. Take the bezel out (there are many tutorials online, it’s easy to do, just be sure to cover whichever tool you use with plastic so you don’t scratch the case).
2. You’ll see a click spring at 1 o’clock. Try bending it just a little bit. The reason your bezel turns both ways is that the click spring is not bent enough and doesn’t stop the bezel.
3. Bezel action. You can try bending the flat retaining ring a little bit. It will leave a bump if you bend it and try to put it flat again, but that bump will keep the bezel less loose.

Now on the bracelet/clasp I’m not sure what you mean. Remember this is a hollow link bracelet, so it does feel like it rattles and it’s falling apart, but it won’t. It’s just made this way. Anyway, a more detailed explanation might help find a possible solution.

Yes the bezel click spring is an easy fix. Unfortunately the OP also has a broken SEL pin at the first link and also the pin to the clasp is also out.

I can see having one issue on a rep, but 3 big issues is very bizarre, especially for ARF. Never seen or heard of this.

Reactions: Hinclimincli

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
People showing watches that aren't ARF latest batch, but someone sees and declares the latest batch is terrible lol.

And we know by now that the click spring can be improved with an easy swap to correct the bezel function. And expect the SH3135 movement has a datewheel that looks different to the genuine article and should be swapped if we want something more gen-looking.

OP, don't worry about your watch my man! :) You needn't lose cash or go though unnecessary worries about sending your watch all the way back to China for it to be improved. You'd probably fall out of love with it even moreso for it being sent away on travels and all sorts, if it ever comes back to you. Lots of nice remedial things you can do with ease instead. Email Ado in the UK and hopefully you'll feel at ease man (process with him is beautifully simple. He'll illustrate what you need to do in a little email. Highly recommend you shoot him a little email if you think it's a watch you could love if it's construction was manipulated :)) Yeah, or sell if the 16610 isn't something you'll love. But you needn't worry. It's a lovely watch and I feel like a bit of a vulture when I hear about it because there's nothing more fun that tweaking all these tiny things into better health and tinkering. Someone will buy here, no problem. Awesome watch. :)

Also OP, I couldn't see the problems you're having in your photos. And I wondered if it's your first five digit watch rep, having previously handled all the modern ceramic subs etc? (I think you mentioned ZF and a ceramic sub) My question might sound daft so please excuse me, but with people jumping to bigger conclusions, I just wanted to go back a few paces and make sure you knew a 16610 would feel like a tin can in it's construction if you happen to be comparing them with the modern ceramic subs you've had by comparison, for your ARF being modelled on the old pre-ceramic with totally different lightweight rocking bracelet etc. It was where you had mentioned the endlinks and bracelet that I wondered if you knew, and had thought to ask you? Vintage style innit. ;)

The clasp pin you mentioned sounds like it's poorly done. I'd love to be able to see that to understand how it can be fixed.
But yeah, just wanted to send a +1 comment with the other guys who told you don't worry 'bout it.
Cos' someone will love this baby if ever you think it might not be the one for you just now. :)

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
@m5smg2 Oh I've only just noticed you're helping OP out already and viewing pics! Well done you legend. I've an interest because I think I might plunge a watch inside the ARF new casehead with the rehaut engravings instead of the TC it's currently in.

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Can the SEL pin be reglued or has it snapped at all? I wish I had pics.
Yeah, for the clasp pin AND the bracelet pin being toast that must've felt disappointing. Gotcha, doctor !

JaffaCakes

28/2/21
UK
Kerushi11 Thanks for the info, I’ve added some more pics for you to look over. I know the 5 digit subs rattle like tin, but I like that about them. Thanks

Hinclimincli

I'm Pretty Popular
Certified
18/12/09
Hinclimincli Thanks for the reply. I’ve added a photo of the bracelet and clasp issues. Thanks for the info on how to fix the bezel.

Wow, the bracelet has really awful issues. What’s the TD saying? In my opinion this is not acceptable and he should send you a new one (and you can send this one back). That’s what I would suggest: keep the watch head, get a new bracelet sent by the TD and you send this one back.