• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

ARF 116234 bezel VS gen

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18

Finally got my hands on a genuine bezel for my arf 116234.

The difference is crazy, arf bezel is wayyyyy too fat

Reactions: Frankit

slackervibes

Horology Curious
10/4/20
Does the new GEN bezel fit on the ARF case or is the rehaut too tall?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

De Kev

Known Member
18/1/15
EU
As far as I know it will fit but only with a gen crystal gasket.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

wildrabbit

Renowned Member
Supporter
11/8/18
This make a lot of sense - does that mean the crystal is also taller?

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18
ive sent it to ado to install so i will let you guys know what he says. i have bought it from ebay and the listing was stated as 116234, 4.4g. i hope you guys are wrong haha

frankdux1987

Certified
27/8/18

this was the advert on the listing.

i have also uploaded a gen 116234 so you can see how thin the bezel looks compared to arf

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Hi, I have ARF 116234 fluted bezels and gen 116234 fluted bezel here. Your bezel definitely isn’t a gen 116234 job. I noticed straight away from the pic. It should be as ‘tall’ as the ARF Bezel’s depth not shallow like that. Does look like a bezel for an older model rather than six digit. But if you can, please may you update us on how things will work along with the install. I can’t imagine how it’ll be yet with the crystal gasket and xtal on a shorter, lightweight fluted bezel. Want things to work out for ya! Please keep us updated to see if we can get you fixed up with anything that’ll work out nice.
D’you know yet which crystal gasket you had planned to use for your build boss? ARF stock gasket or a gen gasket from which type of blister pack please?

slackervibes

Horology Curious
10/4/20

this was the advert on the listing.

i have also uploaded a gen 116234 so you can see how thin the bezel looks compared to arf

I actually purchased a dial from this same seller and received it a few days ago. The reason I ask about fit is because, despite the seller insisting otherwise, I don’t think it’s made for a 6-digit DJ.

With that said, I sent both my watch and newly acquired bezel to [mention]watchservicesny [/mention] and he said that the bezel is correct for a 6-digit but it’s the ARF’s rehaut that is too tall? I’m still very confused at this point.

slackervibes

Horology Curious
10/4/20
[mention]Kerushi11 [/mention] no worries! Any interest in selling one of your gen fluted bezels?

Looks like I will be needed to replace the one I purchased :/ lol

McDuck888

🌞
22/2/17
UK
Just saw your new post OP. . So, I’m always a bit naff at explaining anything clearly ;) bare with me. I think what other people might be seeing and me. When you look at the watch face on, the genuine Rolex fluted bezel looks skinnier thinner than the ARF bezel, yes. And that’s right. You posting a pic of a gen Rolex is spot on like, the gen bezel is thinner and they should be than the ARF but that’s not the view I had query with.
Instead it’s the depth measurement of your gen bezel that looks much shorter than I’d know a gen 116234 fluted bezel. Does that make sense? If you set an ARF and your bezel down on a table, the bezel I think you’d bought as a 116234 bezel doesn’t come off of the table as high as the ARF in it’s depth measurement. A 116234 bezel matches the ARF in height but yours is less tall to my eye at least like an older bezel, and may affect your build if we don’t tackle it to keep the watch looking the best it can be ;-)