• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

Italy: Motorist crushes two men who had just stolen his Daytona watch

TessFR

MULTI ACCOUNT
5/11/20
An Italian motorist chased, knocked down and crushed two men riding a scooter, killing them instantly after they had just stolen his watch, media reported on Saturday. The facts occurred Friday evening near Naples (south), when two men aboard a powerful scooter threatened a motorist with a handgun to steal his Rolex brand watch.
The two suspected thieves were not at their first attempt The 26-year-old victim then engaged in a high-speed chase, crashed into the scooter and crushed his attackers. Then, he abandoned his vehicle and presented himself to the Marano riflemen, in the Neapolitan suburbs. His statements were corroborated by witnesses, reports the daily Il Corriere della Sera in particular.
The two suspected thieves, aged 30 and 40, were notorious delinquents with a heavy judicial record. A pistol with an erased serial number, as well as a watch, were found at the scene of the accident

LordElrond

You're Saying I Can Sell?
17/8/20
This thread on Orologi & Passioni is hilarious to read... There are many people who in a way defend the robbers.

What unfortunately will happen is that the adventure will cost waaaay more than a Daytona to the victim, even if IMHO the thieves should be hanged at dawn.

Reactions: rwacc

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
This thread on Orologi & Passioni is hilarious to read... There are many people who in a way defend the robbers.

What unfortunately will happen is that the adventure will cost waaaay more than a Daytona to the victim, even if IMHO the thieves should be hanged at dawn.

Unfortunately, Naples is a city where crime is widespread, and stealing watches is almost an everyday occurrence.
There are many news articles that end up this way.

Reactions: Warwickhunt

P..DR..D

KING OF LINKS
Staff member
Moderator Sales
Certified
12/1/21
Éire
So this guy walks off leaving his car on top of those 2 fools, AND his watch?

What a BOSS.

The ultimate mic drop!

Scary stuff indeed.

All the more reason, that when the airways open up again, I shall be bringing reps on holiday, gens are staying in the safe.

Manuel.b

Renowned Member
15/1/21
Italia
Not doubting your local knowledge, my point is that there will be some locals who wear nice watches who the thieves know not to steal from.

Watches in Naples are not only stolen in clubs.
In Naples, as soon as you arrive in the city and you're driving in your car wearing your beautiful Rolex, some criminal pulls up to your window and threatens you with a gun, ordering you to give him the watch, this happens every day several times a day.
So my friend, if you go to Naples, leave your gen in the safe and your replica in the drawer of your bedside table if you don't want someone to cut off your arm and steal your watch.

Watches in Naples are not only stolen in clubs.
In Naples, as soon as you arrive in the city and you're driving in your car wearing your beautiful Rolex, some criminal pulls up to your window and threatens you with a gun, ordering you to give him the watch, this happens every day several times a day.
So my friend, if you go to Naples, leave your gen in the safe and your replica in the drawer of your bedside table if you don't want someone to cut off your arm and steal your watch.

Thanks for the good advice, there are parts of my home town where I would only wear a Casio.

EuroTime25

Lost Soul of Watches
Supporter
Certified
24/7/20
West USA
I wonder if the Italian news will call those assholes victims like they do here in the US. And the owner should just let them go because he can afford another one. Sadly laws dont protect the law-abiding citizens but criminals.

Reactions: Pizzo and Copterguy