• Tired of adverts on RWI? - Subscribe by clicking HERE and PMing Trailboss for instructions and they will magically go away!

VSF Next Release of the 126619LB Blue Bezel Submariner

BobJon1363

Horology Curious
11/11/18
Hi all,

I received my QC pictures/video yesterday and have a concern about the amplitude. I am aware VS3235 movements have lower amplitudes than their VS3135 counterparts, but is a 225 amplitude too low? I understand the angle the watch is set also plays a role in the amplitude reading. Is it placed at the correct angle in the below timegrapher video? I would otherwise GL this watch because I don't see any other issues with it. Thanks so much in advance for any help!

Last edited:
Reactions: alexcast

repreg123

7/8/19
Hi all,

I received my QC pictures/video yesterday and have a concern about the amplitude. I am aware VS3235 movements have lower amplitudes than their VS3135 counterparts, but is a 225 amplitude too low? I understand the angle the watch is set also plays a role in the amplitude reading. Is it placed at the correct angle in the below timegrapher video? I would otherwise GL this watch because I don't see any other issues with it. Thanks so much in advance for any help!

​​​​​​I'm not an expert by any means, but my general understanding is that if < 250 you should red light or get it serviced.

Atlas_Shrugged

Known Member
5/11/20
SoCal/Salt Lake City
Actually the art isn't so much in posting the comment but reading the comment. Some people get sarcasm better than others. I'm pretty sarcastic and some people understand it others want to punch me.

But to the point. I kind of understand wanting the box even though I never get it. It might look cool sitting on the shelf. Maybe even the warranty card. This is a very visual hobby. I mean with smart phones, getting a watch to tell time is kind of obsolete. We just like to look at pretty things.

There's an art to posting a comment in such a way that makes it obvious to everyone it's not serious - it's an art I am clearly incapable of. I mean, I didn't think anyone would actually believe that I would ask for QC photos of a warranty card... but hey. I'll make sure I never post another frivolous comment without adding 10 crying with laughter emojis at the end.

Reactions: BlackIceBob

KJ2020

Time Traveler
Supporter
12/3/18
Hi all,

Correct lift angle is 55, your pic shows 52. So the amp of 225 is falsely low by 15 or so. It also may not be fully wound, which decreases the amp. TD timegrapher pics are mostly to show you the watch is running and stable. I see nothing in that reading that warrants a rejection.

A recent TG reading of mine after servicing it and fully wound. I am happy with its performance.

Zk1WDk.jpg

Reactions: BobJon1363

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
Actually the art isn't so much in posting the comment but reading the comment. Some people get sarcasm better than others. I'm pretty sarcastic and some people understand it others want to punch me.

Indeed. Sarcasm, humor, and banter can have problems transcending regions even if the language is the same.

Look no further than the UK and US versions of The Office. Or that in the UK, a bit of our collective soul died when we realized the US replaced our nation's Grandfather, the great Sir David Attenborough with Oprah Winfrey for the Americanised (that's with an 's') version of our BBC nature documentaries.

I get you p0pperini - never change.
:drinks_cheers:

Reactions: KJ2020

BobJon1363

Horology Curious
11/11/18
Correct lift angle is 55, your pic shows 52. So the amp of 225 is falsely low by 15 or so. It also may not be fully wound, which decreases the amp. TD timegrapher pics are mostly to show you the watch is running and stable. I see nothing in that reading that warrants a rejection.

A recent TG reading of mine after servicing it and fully wound. I am happy with its performance.

Zk1WDk.jpg

Thank you, KJ! Always so dependable and knowledgable.

Reactions: KJ2020

skidders

Horology Curious
8/6/10
Hi All

I thought I'd chuck these up as co-incidental comparison pics between a vsf126619lb vs. 126613lb 03/21. I was getting some blue insert tone pics for another discussion with each dial angled perpendicular to light source, not lined up with each other.
The cyclops - It's darn close, at extreme angle (way beyond any in-life attempt to read the date) there is at margins a slight over-mag font distortion, however it is subtle. It is v.v deep, clear, and it does that magic where the date floats on it.

alexcast

23/6/19
Mine arrived today to Mexico ???????? sorry about the plastics I just received it

Luminor looks good!

59cd2412e7662ea938c01a37ab35a42b.jpg

Enviado desde mi iPhone utilizando Tapatalk

Reactions: leo6929 and Condore

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
How is the colour of the insert compared to gen?
Is it a CF insert too?
Funny enough, VSF uses 316L for their 226659 white gold YM and yet uses 904L for this 126619LB which is supposed to be white gold too.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
This piece really looks nice but I refrain from getting it though.
1. The potential 3235 problem
2. The gen weighs 240g, big difference to the rep
3. The real thing now cost over USD50K. Not convincing if wearing such a pricy watch on an average street

muiramas

Erect Aristocrat
18/1/17
This piece really looks nice but I refrain from getting it though.
1. The potential 3235 problem
2. The gen weighs 240g, big difference to the rep
3. The real thing now cost over USD50K. Not convincing if wearing such a pricy watch on an average street

1. Nothing in life is free from potential problems.
2. Only a problem if you’re passing it around saying it’s a gen, which means you have bigger problems.
3. Say you work in a care home and some old dude gave it to you because you reminded him of his son.

bertieng

I'm Pretty Popular
26/11/18
If you don't have the illusion of wearing a rep Rolex to be a gen, whether to yourself or to others, you might just as well wear a G-shock. Isn't it?
I don't know if anyone would be going around telling people pro-actively they are wearing a fake Rolex on their wrists. I won't, though I wouldn't deny it is a fake if I am being asked about their cost.
Anyhow, it is amazing to see how the reps improved in recent days. Cosmetically they are almost perfect. Hopefully the Chinese can bring their movement quality to the next level.